Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keith Ford - Powerback

Scott Pennock

A former 5-Star recruit from high school to the college ranks. Started at OU then transferred to A&M.....

Undrafted but had a cup of coffee with the Bills last year. Could be a younger replacement for Spencer Ware and be that 4th back.

There was even some interest in him last year:

https://www-stampedeblue-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2018/10/16/17980668/practice-squad-players-the-colts-should-target?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQA#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.stampedeblue.com%2F2018%2F10%2F16%2F17980668%2Fpractice-squad-players-the-colts-should-target

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Could be, but, he's similar to Ware and he can be stashed on the PS

that other ware we released for Keith was a stud in college. i watched his highlights over and over so i just dont see how Ballard didn't keep him on the team. The guy was explosive and could not be stopped

1 hour ago, Shadow_Creek said:

that other ware we released for Keith was a stud in college. i watched his highlights over and over so i just dont see how Ballard didn't keep him on the team. The guy was explosive and could not be stopped

Who knows....perhaps he didn't show anything in the practice sessions? This guy has the tools in his tool box too, we'll see how he responds to Rathman's coaching?

2 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

As long as Spencer Ware is still around Im not too worried about that other one getting cut.  

3 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

I think they are looking for a short yardage power back. Aca'Cedric Ware was not that. AWare would have been more in competition with Wilkins and Mack in terms of "rb type". Ford is probably a more pure power back than Spenser is. Spenser is a power back that can also be a decent every down back.

1 hour ago, DarkSuperman87 said:

I'd take Ware over Ford all day long.

depends how he they are to be used, and what they are looking for.

if they are looking for a pure bulldozer kind of guy for only short yardage and goal line, Ford might be better. If you're looking for a well rounded RB who can also succeed in power situations, than SWare is the guy. 

I'd be fine with either. Mack is the unquestioned every down guy. Wilkins has a similar profile with a little dance and is probably the guy that takes over if Mack goes down. With SWare, if Mack went down, we'd have two guys that could jump in for "every down" play. That's good to have. But I'm OK with having two similar backs (Mack/Wilkins), and then having a pile driver guy like Ford for those short yardage kind of situations.