Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Newest Draft, Free Agency (Post Wayne Signing)

GREAT news that Wayne is back!!! A good deal we can afford, and gives us a reliable weapon for Luck. Wayne is such a classy guy!

Free Agency...

Indy signs DE Cory Redding(will split time with both Drake Nevis and Fili Moala at DE)

Indy signs SS Tom Zbikowski

Indy signs OG Evan Mathis

2012 NFL Draft...

1st- QB Andrew Luck

2nd- TE Coby Fleener(Hopefully we can trade down a little and still get him, but he would be great for Luck)

3rd- NT Alameda Ta'amu(I dont see us getting a young NT in Free Agency, so we need one for the future)

Trade - Indy trades DE Dwight Freeney to Miami for their 3rd round pick

3rd(via trade)- CB/KR Jayron Hosley(We still need a good CB opposite Powers.)

4th- WR AJ Jenkins (Gives us a potential WR to replace Wayne in a year or 2. Has the same size as Wayne and can learn from him.)

4th(comp for Session)- WR Joe Adams (Gives us our explosive weapon at WR since we just have great catching/route running WRs in Wayne and Collie.)

5th- C Michael Brewster( We need this pick in case Pollak doesnt work at C)

I would LOVE this draft. We get weapons for Luck in Fleener, Jenkins, and Adams, and add some defensive help in Ta'amu and Hosley.

I really like it but I don't think Fleener gets out of the 1st. Maybe Mark Barron, Cordy Glenn, Devon Still or Michael Brockers falls out of the 1st. I'd actually really like Glenn if he's there.

Castonzo-Glenn-Pollak/Saturday-Mathis-Ijalana

That's a great O-Line!!!

Personally, I haven't changed my draft. The Colts still need some depth and some starters at WR. We have 3 WRs that have been on the team before and will probably be on the team next year. AJ Jenkins in the 4th is a great pick and I have Owusu in the 6th, maybe 7th.

Unless Colts trade down, I see taking Fleener at 34 to high. With the TE class not being as good as the last couple of years, seeing Fleener and Allen at 34 is very likely. I don't see a point in taking either at 34 unless we traded down. There are likely to be better players available at 34 than Fleener. I know the whole him playing with Luck thing comes in to play, but unless we don't resign Tamme we have no point of taking a TE at 34 when we can take a better player at a different position that we really need. I like Ta'Amu in the 3rd, but I'm starting to think the higher Poe goes, the smaller the chance we can get Ta'Amu in the 3rd. Besides Poe, Ta'amu is the next best thing at NT (in my opinion) and Poe going higher means someone will be more likely to reach for Ta'Amu in the 2nd round. With Wayne coming back, we might be able to get by with a WR in the later rounds, but if say Stephen Hill, Rueben Randle, or Mohammed Sanu are around at 34, I'd take them over Fleener in a heartbeat.

Unless Colts trade down, I see taking Fleener at 34 to high. With the TE class not being as good as the last couple of years, seeing Fleener and Allen at 34 is very likely. I don't see a point in taking either at 34 unless we traded down. There are likely to be better players available at 34 than Fleener. I know the whole him playing with Luck thing comes in to play, but unless we don't resign Tamme we have no point of taking a TE at 34 when we can take a better player at a different position that we really need. I like Ta'Amu in the 3rd, but I'm starting to think the higher Poe goes, the smaller the chance we can get Ta'Amu in the 3rd. Besides Poe, Ta'amu is the next best thing at NT (in my opinion) and Poe going higher means someone will be more likely to reach for Ta'Amu in the 2nd round. With Wayne coming back, we might be able to get by with a WR in the later rounds, but if say Stephen Hill, Rueben Randle, or Mohammed Sanu are around at 34, I'd take them over Fleener in a heartbeat.it is looking like we will get John Carlson from all the reports so TE is no longer a need

I like Ta'Amu with the 3rd pick but I am holding out hope for Josh Robinson CB from Central Florida with pick #34. I believe he will eventually be a star in the NFL. Luck or RGIII has to be the first pick. We need young blue chip players.