Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

21isSuperman

28 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Lol... You jumped on posters who mocked a CB early and berated them for Not listening to ballard saying he doesn't value corners in his scheme. 

Props to all those who had corners mocked early.

Ahhh!   My fan club is here!

I simply asked a rhetorical question? Is that no longer allowed?

I was completely wrong on Ballard.   Not only on the Ya-Sin pick, but other picks as well.   I’ll be writing about that later.   Hope you enjoy that!

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Chauncey or Hooker. I'd love either of them... 

Cant believe all of them are still on the board. I think Deonte Thompson is too. Chauncey, Hooker, Adderly, Thompson, Taylor Rapp, Malik Gant and im sure others whose name ive missed.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Cant believe all of them are still on the board. I think Deonte Thompson is too. Chauncey, Hooker, Adderly, Thompson, Taylor Rapp, Malik Gant and im sure others whose name ive missed.

Rapp and Adderly are gone. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I was completely wrong on Ballard.   Not only on the Ya-Sin pick, but other picks as well.   I’ll be writing about that later.   Hope you enjoy that!

I'd love to read your analysis. Are you not too happy with the picks so far? 

28 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'd love to read your analysis. Are you not too happy with the picks so far? 

No, not at all.    I'm very happy with all of them!    Honestly.    Very happy with all of them!

I'm just a little surprised...   perhaps more than a little.    But I trust Ballard completely so I am NOT second guessing him.    I'm now home and the first thing I did was sit down and listen to Ballard and Frank on the Post Day 2 press conference.    

They talked about adding athletes with speed.     Done.   Done.   Done.    And done!    They check all his boxes.

I'll be writing shortly....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

No, not at all.    I'm very happy with all of them!    Honestly.    Very happy with all of them!

I'm just a little surprised...   perhaps more than a little.    But I trust Ballard completely so I am NOT second guessing him.    I'm now home and the first thing I did was sit down and listen to Ballard and Frank on the Post Day 2 press conference.    

They talked about adding athletes with speed.     Done.   Done.   Done.    And done!    They check all his boxes.

I'll be writing shortly....

Yeah... they do have a type... especially for the highly drafted prospects. They love length and they love athleticism. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

So I like Rock, but those agility numbers are interesting if not a little concerning. @stitches what do you make of that?

1 hour ago, stitches said:

It's definitely not his main strength. If he's asked to mirror(which he's probably not going to be asked) he will have trouble with it. Not the most fluid and quick athlete. But he excels in press-man and jamming the receiver at LOS. He also has great length that help him contest catches. 

It's interesting that there's such a drastic difference between his combine 3 cone and his pro day 3 cone. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

It's interesting that there's such a drastic difference between his combine 3 cone and his pro day 3 cone. 

There are 2 different explanations possible

- homecooking happens at those pro-days... or

- he had a stumble at the combine or something... ?

17 minutes ago, stitches said:

There are 2 different explanations possible

- homecooking happens at those pro-days... or

- he had a stumble at the combine or something... ?

Home cooking on the stopwatch? I don't know... It's possible, but I'm assuming there's some integrity there, which makes it hard to explain more than three tenths of a second in one drill. And watching him, I think he has good hips and his feet are quick enough. That combine three cone seems like an aberration, especially next to the pro day time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MTC said:

No. 

Evan Norris of Rotoworld reported that they had Ya-Sin the #1 corner on their board. 

Totally willing to let time prove he is Ballard's 2019 version of Quicy Wilson...a very average db at best.

While the 3-cone drill is a huge concern, here is a good write up that addresses that very issue.  Yes, it's rare that a player would be taken with a 7.31 or anywhere near that (sub 7 preferred) as change of direction is paramount to the position, the staff surely pounded that out over the last month.

https://www.cover1.net/nfl-draft-scouting-report-rock-ya-sin-cb-temple-buffalo-bills/

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ahhh!   My fan club is here!

I simply asked a rhetorical question? Is that no longer allowed?

I did enjoy....lol

Props to you. 

• Thanks 1