Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN Mocks R2... (but not R3... yet?)

So....   one of the two guys who works with Todd McShay at Stats Inc and their draft ratings,  has done a R2 mock.

Here's who he gives us...

34.    Chase Winovich    DE

46.     JJAW                       WR

59.     Dremont Jones     DT

You good with this?      I think I am....

Let me hear from you!!

(not sure why he didn't do a R3 mock as well.   Maybe later?)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So....   one of the two guys who works with Todd McShay at Stats Inc and their draft ratings,  has done a R2 mock.

Let me hear from you!!

For a passing down UT, I am fine with Dre'Mont Jones at 59, since there will be few 3 down DTs that would be left.

Chase and JJAW are overachievers, they will exceed their draft capital in our system, IMO. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Let me hear from you!!

That's a very solid draft. I would be happy with it. 

jones at 59 is the only one i'd be ok with

better fits for us at WR. JJAW lacks speed, and we already lack speed. he's a possession guy. He'd be decent if we didn't just pick up Funchess. 

i'd rather have a WR or S than Winovich at 34. 

I'm betting the experts get zero correct again.

46 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

jones at 59 is the only one i'd be ok with

better fits for us at WR. JJAW lacks speed, and we already lack speed. he's a possession guy. He'd be decent if we didn't just pick up Funchess. 

i'd rather have a WR or S than Winovich at 34. 

I'm betting the experts get zero correct again.

I don't see Jones as being a good value pick for us, because I don't think he brings anything that the 3Ts on the roster already do. Between Autry, Ward, Muhammad, and Lewis, I think we're pretty set.

JJAW ran a 4.49 40. One of the problems is that Stanford's route tree and QB play required him to have so many contested catches. Not because he doesn't have the ability to get separation, but because that's how their offense is run. He's not going to take the top off of a defense, but that's not necessarily what we need. When Doyle went down, it exposed the fact that we didn't have too many guys that could reliably move the chains. I honestly think he will be a steal for anyone that picks him.

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

I don't see Jones as being a good value pick for us, because I don't think he brings anything that the 3Ts on the roster already do. Between Autry, Ward, Muhammad, and Lewis, I think we're pretty set.

JJAW ran a 4.49 40. One of the problems is that Stanford's route tree and QB play required him to have so many contested catches. Not because he doesn't have the ability to get separation, but because that's how their offense is run. He's not going to take the top off of a defense, but that's not necessarily what we need. When Doyle went down, it exposed the fact that we didn't have too many guys that could reliably move the chains. I honestly think he will be a steal for anyone that picks him.

honestly, i want a WR that can take the top off of Ds. I want a legit speed X or slot. 

i like JJAW, just not over a guy like AJ Brown or Isabella.

And I question the 4.49. I assume that was a pro-day which are always generous with some home cooking :-). 

21 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

honestly, i want a WR that can take the top off of Ds. I want a legit speed X or slot. 

i like JJAW, just not over a guy like AJ Brown or Isabella.

And I question the 4.49. I assume that was a pro-day which are always generous with some home cooking :-). 

I love AJ Brown, but he's not going to take the top off either. Isabella is lightning fast, but I don't think he'd give us much outside of a deep threat for another 3 or 4 years.

At 34, I want Brown, but if we don't get him, I wouldn't be mad with JJAW at the bottom of the 2nd/top of the 3rd. I'm not pounding the table for him, but I'm definitely not opposed.

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

I love AJ Brown, but he's not going to take the top off either. Isabella is lightning fast, but I don't think he'd give us much outside of a deep threat for another 3 or 4 years.

At 34, I want Brown, but if we don't get him, I wouldn't be mad with JJAW at the bottom of the 2nd/top of the 3rd. I'm not pounding the table for him, but I'm definitely not opposed.

disagree. he gets behind the D quite easily. he actually had to wait on a lot of balls which let the DB catch up to him. he did plenty of good vertical work when DK when down.