Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jerry Tillery

3 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

unless it was in jest as an icebreaker, pretty silly 

I used to be able to stare at a pro bowl level, maybe there is still a chance I can get in the NFL if I work at it and dedicate my staring abilities lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I used to be able to stare at a pro bowl level, maybe there is still a chance I can get in the NFL if I work at it and dedicate my staring abilities lol

just make sure you're uber score is top shelf and you have zero to worry about!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Scout to GM:  "Boss, I've never seen anyone as good at staring as this kid.  His staring ability is through the roof.  We need to draft him before anyone else gets their hands on him.  He could stare down Brady, he's that good."

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Scout to GM:  "Boss, I've never seen anyone as good at staring as this kid.  His staring ability is through the roof.  We need to draft him before anyone else gets their hands on him.  He could stare down Brady, he's that good."

We could have the future HOF, all-pro staring GOAT in round 1. His stats may never be beat lol

• Like 1

Just for the record, I only want top tier , elite staring athletes. Big drop off in the tier two guys who can stare for any length of time. Injury prone too. We don’t need someone with prior history or tear duct strain or tear. Tearing the tear duct could be career threatening :lol:lmao

Just saw another interview with Tillery, this time on NBC sports. It may have just been more footage from yesterday.

-Tillery talked about going up against two first round OL (Q and Big Mike) every day in practice, and how it raised his level of play

-Again, they talked about people bagging on him because of his "other interests", and that he's currently in Hawaii during the draft. He's rehabbing from labrum surgery in Hawaii, which he considers his second home.

-The announcers/host were laughing about those that have been critical of his "other interests" and said he was a special talent.

-He said yesterday on the NFL.com interview that he's ahead of schedule on rehab, and it's not an issue at all.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Just saw another interview with Tillery, this time on NBC sports. It may have just been more footage from yesterday.

-Tillery talked about going up against two first round OL (Q and Big Mike) every day in practice, and how it raised his level of play

-Again, they talked about people bagging on him because of his "other interests", and that he's currently in Hawaii during the draft. He's rehabbing from labrum surgery in Hawaii, which he considers his second home.

-The announcers/host were laughing about those that have been critical of his "other interests" and said he was a special talent.

-He said yesterday on the NFL.com interview that he's ahead of schedule on rehab, and it's not an issue at all.

I'm hoping he's our pick

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm hoping he's our pick

me too.

i do like the thought of a talent like simmons though, just hate the injury risk, hate waiting a year, and hate missing out on cheap rookie contract year.

rather have JT now. he might not be a pro bowler, but he will be a great passing down DT early year one, and has a great ceiling to turn into a PB guy down the road.

41 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

if he's the Colts pick, either tonight or tomorrow...he'll be going up against Q again everyday in practice. That would make most game days seem like a vacation. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

me too.

i do like the thought of a talent like simmons though, just hate the injury risk, hate waiting a year, and hate missing out on cheap rookie contract year.

rather have JT now. he might not be a pro bowler, but he will be a great passing down DT early year one, and has a great ceiling to turn into a PB guy down the road.

I think Tillery will be very good.  There's a reson why Gil Brandt had him rated so high.

I think PFF had him up there as well. I don't mind missing Simmons if we get Tillery.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think Tillery will be very good.  There's a reson why Gil Brandt had him rated so high.

I think PFF had him up there as well. I don't mind missing Simmons if we get Tillery.

As long as Tillery's heart is in the game, I'd love him at 26. Could be as good of a pass-rushing DT as Quinnen Williams IMO.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yup. Not all that high on Brandt, but love PFF analysis. I think JT will be awesome vs the pass year one and give the team a much needed punch with the addition of Houston. Houston/JT/Turay would make me much more comfortable going against the improved teams on O we'll play this year (7 of the top 11).

I think JT will acclimate quickly, and could be very, very good if he gets some coaching on counter moves. He's already got great hands, and just needs to polish some things. If we picked him up, I'd forget about Simmons quickly.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Archer said:

Tillery is my fondest hope for tonight.  I like him more than Simmons, even without the injury...

Kinda disappointing that we didn’t select him last night.  Moving down from 26 to 46 should have netted us more, too.  (Though it should be a pretty good 2nd rounder next year.)  Still, not surprising since Ballard basically said you could get a player at 70 that was as good as the guys that go in the late teens.  If he believes that, then he’d be nuts not to trade.