Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If he's healthy, which is a issue with him with chronic bad knees I think, he could possibly be our #1 back. It certainly has the potential to be a good 1-2 punch with Mack. I believe he had multiple 200 yard games with phinns.

He won’t be our #1 back. If he comes here I believe he isn’t even cleared to play yet. They would use him in certain situations.

1 hour ago, Luck 4 president said:

He had one good year back in 2016. Hasn’t done much since then. He’s slow too. I’d rather give reps to our younger backs

Not saying we need him, but he averaged 4.4 over the last 3 years. That puts him in the top 30 RBs, so he'd be a good back up or #3 somewhere.

I like Wilkin's potential and we have him till 22, so not sure why we're kicking Jay's tires unless they want to dump Williams (who I am not impressed with), and hire him as #3. Hines is an APB and doesn't factor. 

5 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

He had one good year back in 2016. Hasn’t done much since then. He’s slow too. I’d rather give reps to our younger backs

He's been good for Philly when available too, he just did it as part of a committee and didn't put up big numbers.  He got hurt early in 2018.  

Despite the fact that they say he's never played a full 16 game season it looks to me that his injury history is actually being overstated.

In 2015 his rookie year he played in 9 games but only got 49 carries.  I'd have to look to be certain but I think it's highly possible that Miami simply didn't suit him up for some of those games.

2016 he played in 15 games.  

2017 he played in 14 games plus the playoffs.

Sure he's no Frank Gore but for a RB missing 1 or 2 games per season is not bad IMO.

I see him as a guy who splits reps with Mack.  Hines acts as the 3rd down/pass catching back, Wilkins is depth who works on holding onto the football.