Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The WR No One is Talking About

We’ve all heard of A.J. Brown, DK Metlcalf, Kelvin Harmon, Hakeem Butler, and Hollywood Brown by now. They’re all talented in their own right. But a guy that you’ve probably heard me mention that deserves more attention is Riley Ridley of Georgia. He’s flown under the radar the last 2 seasons because Georgia has had a fierce rushing attack that impacted his production. However I think he should rise in the coming months he’s arguably the best WR in this class. I think he has more potential than his brother Calvin in Atlanta. What separates him is his releases off the line. He stacks and beats defenders at the line better than anyone in this class. Watch the video below of him vs Missouri. He is literally open on every single snap because of how he beats the defenders and sells his routes.

And he’s 6’2” which you can see he knows how to use in the clip above. I’d guess he probably runs a low 4.4 as well. The knock on him is that he had an arrest for marijuana possession about 2 years ago an we know how Ballard weighs character.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/update-details-georgia-receiver-riley-ridleys-arrest

But he’s a top tier prospect. He can line up outside or inside as a big slot depending on the situation. Route tree has to be developed more as is the case with most receivers, but’s he’s an instant starter IMO.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Thanks...he needs to work on his blocking skills when he gets to the NFL

Yeah that’s another knock. You see on one play he also doesn’t sell the fake route and the defender goes right past him when he sees it’s a run.

3 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

Sills is very good. Came to WV as a QB. 

yeah he's got a great pair of hands and has some sneaky speed but i think its partly due to his route running. wouldnt mind him in the shoe at all. he might come off the board in round 2 though.

2 hours ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

That's a pretty big stretch IMO. I think Riley can develop into a solid WR but I don't think his ceiling is nearly as high as his brother's. 

He’s bigger and probably faster. And more explosive off the line. I don’t think it’s a stretch. 

9 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

He’s bigger and probably faster. And more explosive off the line. I don’t think it’s a stretch. 

You might be on to something here. For some reason I thought he was way smaller (he's listed between 6" and 6"2 and somewhere between 195-210 depending on the site). We'll find out if he is faster in the coming months. I'm going to go ahead and remove the word BIG from my "big stretch" comment. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 1:02 PM, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah that’s another knock. You see on one play he also doesn’t sell the fake route and the defender goes right past him when he sees it’s a run.

I wouldn't even say he didn't sell the fake route. There were a few runs where he looked like he didn't want to block at all and his man made the tackle down the field. When he gave effort to block, he did a solid job. I wonder if it's effort or ability. 

At the very least, he could potentially learn from Pascal, who is one of the better blocking WR's in the league, if we resign him.

• Like 1