Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we need do to beat the chiefs

coltsnation

This reminds me of 07, 08. We were a high powered offensive team with sub par defense. The Chargers had the perfect setup to beat us, run it down our throats and keep Manning off the field, Rivers could score some points as well. Eliminated us both years.

The Chiefs seem like the old Colts and we are the Chargers type team perfect for taking them down. Run it down their throats with Mack and keep Mahomes off the field. 

14 minutes ago, #12. said:

If it's a shootout, we're capable of winning that, too.  If it gets crazy, Luck can win a 45-44 game.  

Ravens did beat Peyton and the Broncos in that Hail Mary game 38-35 in Denver in that 4:35 pm Saturday time slot. Anything can happen!!! :) 

9 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

If I were the Chiefs Id put Hill in the backfield as an RB at least 10 times and dump it off to him over and over and over. We cannot defend the RB passing attack and Hill is arguably the best player in the league with the ball in his hand. Id be certain that happens 15 times.

I love Leonard but he got juked out of his cleats a few times by Watson and Miller when they had the ball in space - Hill would do worse.

Very true.  Misdirection on that team has the potential to kill us.  Maybe we prepare for that.  We'll see.

2 hours ago, masnerj said:

To be honest, I think Hooker shines in this matchup. I think Mahomes will try to test the back-end of this defense for whatever reason (young, fearless, never gives-up, some-what mistake prone, Favre-like; lol almost sounds like an early Luck) and we will make him pay for it. I say Hooker gets a pick from a deep throw that Mahomes tries to get in there even though he is covered with safety help.

I was thinking the same thing.  This is the game for Hooker to shine.   I don't think he has been tested much but i think Mahomes will and hopefully pay dearly for it.

• Thanks 1