Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congrats Colts team

-JJ-

I wouldn't normally start a post and apologies being late (still freakin' sick:)

But congratulations to the colts! 

I didn't think the colts would make the playoffs. I never said they wouldn't so nothing to eat here:)

Chris Collingsworth comments sun night were spot on. I know you guys hate him but great WRs know the game the best on both sides of the ball and he is an excellent analyst.

Luck is playing great and if TY can stay healthy I wouldn't rule anything out.

Feels weird the colts are in the playoffs but they are :)

Enjoy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As far as Chris's thoughts, You have got to look back over 2 or 3  decades to get the full gist of why some fans dislike him. He has toned it down a lot from his days as an analogist on "Inside the NFL". He clearly back then was very vocal on the teams and organizations he despised.

If you are new to the game, and had not witnessed at least 2 to 3 decades ago, you would not know this based on what you have seen recently. Only old timers get the reason for the animosity . I guess living the past some of us fans hold grudges. That's also why it is a good reason to know your history of the team you support. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

As far as Chris's thoughts, You have got to look back over 2 or 3  decades to get the full gist of why some fans dislike him. He has toned it down a lot from his days as an analogist on "Inside the NFL". He clearly back then was very vocal on the teams and organizations he despised.

If you are new to the game, and had not witnessed at least 2 to 3 decades ago, you would not know this based on what you have seen recently. Only old timers get the reason for the animosity . I guess living the past some of us fans hold grudges. That's also why it is a good reason to know your history of the team you support. 

Oh I'm an old timer--ala ICE BOWL :)

I never pay attention to the optics of analysts, only the actual analysis.  I watched some of inside the NFL back in the day.

My only point was WRs are good at analyzing a play because they had to know and saw both sides of the ball when they played. Chris Carter, Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, etc.

33 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Well, if he despised the colts when Bob Irsay it then it has merit.

i honestly have never noticed any colts hate from collingsworth.  Then again, never watched much Inside the NFL.

53 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

I wouldn't normally start a post and apologies being late (still freakin' sick:)

But congratulations to the colts! 

I didn't think the colts would make the playoffs. I never said they wouldn't so nothing to eat here:)

Chris Collingsworth comments sun night were spot on. I know you guys hate him but great WRs know the game the best on both sides of the ball and he is an excellent analyst.

Luck is playing great and if TY can stay healthy I wouldn't rule anything out.

Feels weird the colts are in the playoffs but they are :)

Enjoy.

Thanks. It might feel weird to you for now but you’ll get used to it...again. Ballard meant what he said after McDaniels spurned us. This is just the beginning. 

15 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Well, if he despised the colts when Bob Irsay it then it has merit.

i honestly have never noticed any colts hate from collingsworth.  Then again, never watched much Inside the NFL.

My point exactly Bott you had to know the history, and this was when the current Irsay owned the team. As for distain, I have said that Collingsworth has toned it down, so I can understand why recent fans don't know , because they only based their opinions on recent history.  

2 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

My point exactly Bott you had to know the history, and this was when the current Irsay owned the team. As for distain, I have said that Collingsworth has toned it down, so I can understand why recent fans don't know , because they only based their opinion on recent history.  

I have been a fan since the early years, I just didn't care for "Inside the NFL". And honestly I try to ignore the announcers when watching a game. I actually mute it when watching by myself.

5 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

My point exactly Bott you had to know the history, and this was when the current Irsay owned the team. As for distain, I have said that Collingsworth has toned it down, so I can understand why recent fans don't know , because they only based their opinion on recent history.  

It started while Bob was still alive

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I have been a fan since the early years, I just didn't care for "Inside the NFL". And honestly I try to ignore the announcers when watching a game. I actually mute it when watching by myself.

Well I have been an old fart longer, my start was the 58 & 59 championships so I have seen a lot of good and a lot of bad, over that span as a NFL fan. Hope when I past the torch to other fans they will pass along their knowledge better than I seem to have done to future fan generations . Lol.   

• Like 1

This is a TEAM.  I'm very impressed top to bottom.

i feel we did overachieve this season, wait, maybe not overachieve, rather maximized what we have.  Good and sound play and coaching all around.  

I am an eternal optimist but even I didnt see playoffs this year.

Too many unknowns.  Rookies all over the place, new coaches, the LB overhaul, Andrew Luck, the OL, RBs, etc, etc.  Questions all over the place.  For this team to come together like this is extrordinary. 

Now that we're in, these guys are playing with house money being led by an aggressive, calculating coach that can keep their heads in the game and focused on the task at hand.

If we somehow get by the Texans, look out because i see a '95 type run as a real possibility.  This team has confidence.

5 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

This is a TEAM.  I'm very impressed top to bottom.

i feel we did overachieve this season, wait, maybe not overachieve, rather maximized what we have.  Good and sound play and coaching all around.  

I am an eternal optimist but even I didnt see playoffs this year.

Too many unknowns.  Rookies all over the place, new coaches, the LB overhaul, Andrew Luck, the OL, RBs, etc, etc.  Questions all over the place.  For this team to come together like this is extrordinary. 

Now that we're in, these guys are playing with house money being led by an aggressive, calculating coach that can keep their heads in the game and focused on the task at hand.

If we somehow get by the Texans, look out because i see a '95 type run as a real possibility.  This team has confidence.

I was supremely confident about Tennessee. I predicted a 28-13 game, which wasnt far off. I am moderately confident about our chances at Houston. Take that for what its worth... (not much)