Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Safety candidate to watch in the bowls

You may say, hey we dont need another free safety

I think he may project to SS, with 10lbs add.

He is 6' 2" at 200Lbs, and when you watch the tape, Alabama has been putting him down in the box on many plays

He is a thumper, that could cover as well. (He appears to be much more of a natural hitter than Hooker)

He is "slated" to go in mid to late first.

I think this defense needs a SS that can run, tackle, and cover........ Derwin James is a HUGE reason the Chargers are so

improved on defense

I dont see that player on the Colts today

We will probably miss on him where we draft (We need a DL first) but I think he would fit in Indy

So many good players to choose from  

Th run on D linemen early to mid draft will allow a few great talents who would otherwise go higher to fall. You never know......and a top SS is still a big need because I don’t think Geathers’ body can hold up much longer. With all the nickel and dime coverage,  the team going to need a new, talented SS. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 9:54 AM, MikeCurtis said:

I would RATHER make a run at Collins or Reid to fill the SS spot, but this guy could start at a high level..... next year

I don't no about spending big $ for a safety (Collins) or adding cancer to the locker room (Reid), but I think the Colts definitely need to draft a safety in 2019.

I think if the Colts make a FA splash, they should go after a pass rusher, which makes things easier on the secondary.

• Like 2