Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OL gave Luck time and made room for Mack

TigerColt

3 minutes ago, workinman said:

Back to the O-line, the announcers have been praising them the last two games. Luck staying up and clean. Hopefully they keep improving.

It was nice to see.   When DE's came around, Luck had a pocket to step into.   Haven't seen that in a few years.   2 rookies on the line will only improve. 

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

True but Bell would have gone over a 100 and scored where Mack was tackled after his big run that he bounced to the left.  He's not a no. 1. 

Bell also has more that 100 carries and a few receptions to his name.  Give Mack some time to develop/improve his game. He's not Barkley, i grant you, but he's definitely a #1.  The guy broke 4 arm tackles  at the LOS in that 12 yard run up the middle. He's Gotten better at up the gut runs.  And is a heck of a 1 cut runner already.  He showed today what we all saw last year when his legs are healthy.  Now no busted shoulder either.

4 hours ago, krunk said:

Doubt it.   Ballard made emphasis that all our previous stars were drafted so I doubt he goes out and buys Edgerring James/Leveon Bell.

I doubt it too.  Ballard is all consumed about finding our stars through the draft.  If he thinks he's going to find our new Freeney, James and Harrison entirely through the draft he is crazy.  He is going to have to hit on every 1st. rd pick for the next three years at least.  So much for his three year rebuild.  This is the new NFL.  He has other resources at his disposal.  Hopefully he realizes it and he starts to take advantage of these opportunities when they present themselves.  We already have the hardest part the QB.  Get him some weapons when they are there for the taking.  This isn't rocket science.  

Honestly  I am not trying to b negative......but!!!!! When they tried and had to run in the first half, they couldn't get a running game going.  In the second half they got some nice runs.  Now was  that because the Jets had a good lead and were playing the pass? Was the offensive line starting to gel and opening holes? Mayb a combination of both. Buffalo is a good defence and honestly I want....I mean I need this line full of high draft picks  to totally humiliate and obliterate them.  Time to man up. I said by week 9 this line will gel. We r quickly getting to the targeted date.

20 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I doubt it too.  Ballard is all consumed about finding our stars through the draft.  If he thinks he's going to find our new Freeney, James and Harrison entirely through the draft he is crazy.  He is going to have to hit on every 1st. rd pick for the next three years at least.  So much for his three year rebuild.  This is the new NFL.  He has other resources at his disposal.  Hopefully he realizes it and he starts to take advantage of these opportunities when they present themselves.  We already have the hardest part the QB.  Get him some weapons when they are there for the taking.  This isn't rocket science.  

He's already said, multiple times, that he would.