Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The WR Chris Ballard Should Draft in 2019.

D.K. Metcalf from Ole Miss. He's 6'4" and 225 pounds and can ball. His ceiling is unbelievable and reminds me a bit of a young Andre Johnson. If you haven't seen him play I suggest you check him out.

Andrew Luck needs a big wideout to throw the ball to. Metcalf and Hilton would give teams nightmares for years!

12 hours ago, OregonapolisColtsFan said:

I actually like all three of the ole miss receivers. if you havent seen damarkus lodge highlights you should, he is a really good body control guy who reminds me of the the brandon lloyds and the amani toomers of old. Just an underappreciated playmaker.

Yeah, definitely. They're definitely stacked this year for sure!

• Like 1

Yep, Metcalf oozes high end WR1 potential. I'm not sure he will reach it, but he looks every part of a lead receiver. My personal favorite is Arcega-Whiteside, but I can absolutely see why someone would pick Metcalf over him. I might pick him too. 

We desperately need good targets for Luck. What we've been seeing in the last couple of weeks is unbearable to watch. Get a traditional X-receiver and let TY roam and benefit from softer coverage matchups. The more I watch this team the more I think I will be OK with drafting a WR who can create some separation either horizontally or vertically... or both ... and catch some balls pretty high in the draft. Maybe even in round 1, unless a blue chip defensive player drops to us. 

3 hours ago, stitches said:

Yep, Metcalf oozes high end WR1 potential. I'm not sure he will reach it, but he looks every part of a lead receiver. My personal favorite is Arcega-Whiteside, but I can absolutely see why someone would pick Metcalf over him. I might pick him too. 

We desperately need good targets for Luck. What we've been seeing in the last couple of weeks is unbearable to watch. Get a traditional X-receiver and let TY roam and benefit from softer coverage matchups. The more I watch this team the more I think I will be OK with drafting a WR who can create some separation either horizontally or vertically... or both ... and catch some balls pretty high in the draft. Maybe even in round 1, unless a blue chip defensive player drops to us. 

Pick them both if possible.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:36 PM, OregonapolisColtsFan said:

I actually like all three of the ole miss receivers. if you havent seen damarkus lodge highlights you should, he is a really good body control guy who reminds me of the the brandon lloyds and the amani toomers of old. Just an underappreciated playmaker.

Damarkus Lodge might be my favorite of the three. He reminds me alot of Michael Thomas . Perennial Pro Bowler type potential.

• Like 1

Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Mississippi_logo.gif

The first offensive player is off the board in this 2019 NFL Mock Draft, and it's naturally an offensive player to help the Colts, who need to improve  Luck protection and receiving talent. 

Greg "Mr. Reliable" Little was a five-star recruit coming out of high school. He's an athletic left tackle who could become a top-10 pick. 

On 10/6/2018 at 2:43 PM, stitches said:

Watching Texas vs Oklahoma. Texas' WR duo Lil Jordan Humphrey and Collin Johnson is another couple of wide outs we need to watch. 

Johnson was a beast on Saturday...great size and great hands.  He could be a nightmare for most NFL defensive backs because of his size.  Would love to see him wearing the horseshoe!

• Like 1