Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dropped Passes

Smonroe

2 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Name some other team’s 2nd to 4th string receivers that you’d give up a 4th round pick for?

3 of the 4 teams we have played this year have either a good number 2 or a guy with potential

id give a 4th for Ross, Fuller or Agholor

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Myles said:

I would take nearly any teams 2nd WR.   

Here's a list of some.

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/depthchartwr18/fantasy-football-wr-depth-chart-2018

But most of those receivers were drafted higher than round 4 so why would anyone trade them for a 4th round pick?  I meant; who are these 2nd to 4th string receivers that we could really offer a 4th round pick for and get that are SOOOO much better than what we have now? 

Because every team in the league would give a 4th for Ridley, Fuller, Cobb, or Sanders but none of those teams would give them up for a 4th.  Who are the receivers that you honestly believe we could get for a 4th round pick that would make us THAT much better?  On second thought, depending on the growth of Sutton, Sanders might be able to be had for a 4th.  Maybe Cobb too if his production drops way off this year. 

But most of the others on that list that are producing, teams wouldn't give up on for a 4th and the ones that we could get for a 4th aren't that much better than what we currently have.  They're just getting the opportunities to prove themselves like Doyle got.  I say give the guys we have the opportunity and they could become the next Sanders or Cobb.

30 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

3 of the 4 teams we have played this year have either a good number 2 or a guy with potential

id give a 4th for Ross, Fuller or Agholor

You just mentioned 3 receivers all taken in the 1st round and said you'd give a 4th round pick for them as if that's in any way logical...  I'd give a 4th for Todd Gurley, Aaron Donald, Julio Jones, Mike Evans, and Ezekiel Elliot to just name a few.  See what I mean?  Of course you'd give a 4th for guys taken in the 1st round.  But no team is going to trade you a player taken in the 1st round who is producing and still has room to grow for a 4th round pick...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

But most of those receivers were drafted higher than round 4 so why would anyone trade them for a 4th round pick?  I meant; who are these 2nd to 4th string receivers that we could really offer a 4th round pick for and get that are SOOOO much better than what we have now? 

Because every team in the league would give a 4th for Ridley, Fuller, Cobb, or Sanders but none of those teams would give them up for a 4th.  Who are the receivers that you honestly believe we could get for a 4th round pick that would make us THAT much better?  On second thought, depending on the growth of Sutton, Sanders might be able to be had for a 4th.  Maybe Cobb too if his production drops way off this year. 

But most of the others on that list that are producing, teams wouldn't give up on for a 4th and the ones that we could get for a 4th aren't that much better than what we currently have.  They're just getting the opportunities to prove themselves like Doyle got.  I say give the guys we have the opportunity and they could become the next Sanders or Cobb.

Oh, I see.   I was just comparing our WR core to other teams.   I would say ours is near the bottom of the league.   Maybe the very bottom 2-4.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Oh, I see.   I was just comparing our WR core to other teams.   I would say ours is near the bottom of the league.   Maybe the very bottom 2-4.

That very well could be true but I think part of it is lack of attempts/targets.  Luck doesn't trust easily.  He trusts TY & Doyle.  I think we have to force the action to some of these guys and see if they sink or swim.  But how can you know how good a guy can be if he only gets 3 targets a game?  With TY & Doyle out, now is the perfect time for Luck to build chemistry and start depending on someone else. 

If Rogers gets 10 targets (minimum) and Pascal gets 8-10 targets and their numbers are pedestrian and they only bring in 3 of those targets, then I'll agree they're terrible.  But I just don't want to give them a failing grade when they haven't been allowed to "study an take the test" so to speak...  That's better than giving Ebron 10-12 targets and he only catches 4 of them.  I belive Rogers will produce a  much better reception percentage and his confidence and overall game will rise.  If not, then at least we "know" for sure he can't get the job done and will have to look elsewhere.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

He had about 3 that I can recall on a few slant routes he ran. The catch that killed us the most was the Marcus Johnson drop in OT he was wide open. 

Grant had one drop vs Houston. He caught 5 of his 7 targets in that game and has brought in 18 of 23 for the season.  Here's the team stats through week 4 click on the name to see individual game stats.  I haven't had time to double check but I think a lot of the balls we had trouble handling happened with Luck throwing from the sun to the shadows.  That isn't an excuse and wasn't the case with Johnson's costly drop. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/ind/indianapolis-colts

10 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

A video analyst, not sure of his name. I’m trusting he’s correct, so it could’ve been wrong, but Like Diamond on his podcast said it was at least 6-8. 

Agreed I didn't keep a running count during the game but I saw almost every WR including TY have trouble. I haven't rewatched  but I seem to recall a lot happening with Luck throwing from the sun to the shadowed part of the field.