Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets discuss the offense

Legend of Luck

I think we should call Fountain and Ishmael up and cut Pascal and Johnson. Or maybe go with Johnson and Fountain. I think we need more size and athleticism. We could always use Chester Rogers at KR. And I most definitely think we should be taking greater advantage of packages that have Swoope and Ebron on the field at the same time. Reich hasn't gone the direction I've wanted to go with that yet but as soon as he figures it out It's going to open up some things for us. Swoope hasn't dropped a ball yet. They need to target him more to take heat off Ebron and TY. I think the run game will improve with the availability of Mack and Turbin. Whenever we get Costanzo back that will help. Plus Good on the right side.

On 9/24/2018 at 3:07 AM, Legend of Luck said:

I've seen a lot of differing view points here today, but I'd like to dive deeper into the struggles on offense.

1. Was it the playcalling? I know we had some suspect calls throughout the game, but was that the biggest issue all day? 

2. Was it sticking to an ineffective run game? 

3. Was it the offensive line?

4. Was it the receivers not getting separation?

5. Was it Luck making poor choices and being inaccurate?

6. Did the weather have any affect?

Not looking for everybody to answer all of these, just wanted to throw out questions that are on my mind to try to spark conversation and hopefully ease my mind, because I'm very nervous after watching this game. 

In my opinion, it was  the O-line (and offense as a whole),  Eagles D kept Luck under pressure all the time, he had to hurry to pass, while receivers were covered.

This is a young team with a rookie HC, it will get better as season goes forth. 

On 9/23/2018 at 8:30 PM, richard pallo said:

Plain and simple.  We need another offensive playmaker.  TY can't do it alone.  Our division is wide open.  Not to late to bring someone in.  

Couldn't agree more. I know many aren't a fan of trading for Leveon Bell but if Ballard could get him without overpaying, and could sign him to a reasonable 3-4 year deal, I'd be all for getting him to open up this offense more. 

I don't know what other WRs are out there to go after. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 9:30 PM, richard pallo said:

Plain and simple.  We need another offensive playmaker.  TY can't do it alone.  Our division is wide open.  Not to late to bring someone in.  

that is not ballards way to bring in big time talent for big money, we will have to wait for the draft again

On 9/23/2018 at 10:27 PM, richard pallo said:

LaVeon Bell for one.  And there could be other players available that we are not aware of.  No one saw the Brissett trade coming last year either.  The trade deadline is next month sometime.  I would be shocked if Ballard does anything to improve this team via a trade though. We could be a playoff team this year.  But I think he's going to stand pat and go with what he has.  He's all about his three year rebuild. 

yes the ballard way building talent through the draft will take several years, if it works we should start having winning seasons ina few more years

10 hours ago, krunk said:

I think we should call Fountain and Ishmael up and cut Pascal and Johnson. Or maybe go with Johnson and Fountain. I think we need more size and athleticism. We could always use Chester Rogers at KR. And I most definitely think we should be taking greater advantage of packages that have Swoope and Ebron on the field at the same time. Reich hasn't gone the direction I've wanted to go with that yet but as soon as he figures it out It's going to open up some things for us. Swoope hasn't dropped a ball yet. They need to target him more to take heat off Ebron and TY. I think the run game will improve with the availability of Mack and Turbin. Whenever we get Costanzo back that will help. Plus Good on the right side.

I think the run game and Turbin have been the bigger issue too. When Turbin got suspended I knew that was going to cost us early. He's one of those guys who you don't realize how much you miss. The series following the K Moore INT return week one and then getting stoned at Phillys 4. Those are 2 game changing situations where we really missed Turbin. We aren't scaring anyone going with 2 rookies. Then we have our best run blocking OL out and then our best blocking and short yadage TE.  

That's a lot to overcome. Hopefully we start getting these guys back. When we are able to run the ball more consistently things will open up. I expected Rogers play better and it's early he may.  Our receivers as a group need to catch the ball.  I don't think the O is that far off some of this is a bit of an overreaction to playing a good D on the road in less then ideal conditions. 

We are young and many didn't think we would be this competitive. The season just started things will come together. It usually takes the O a little longer and we can't forget new coaches new system and our QB is playing his way back in to it.