Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the colts could sign 1 big name free agent and pretty much win the super bowl every yr why dont they????

natelombardi

ima colts fan and its so true we could of easily signed a braylon edwards or a nnamdi and we would be in the super bowl every year this in house building is great for the reg season we have won 1 sb with the greatest qb ever....just what im thinking....go get moss or t.o and go get taylor mays

Maybe we could have signed Asomugha, but then how would we re-sign the guys whose contracts expire after this season?

And T.O.? Seriously? I mean, I don't think we should sign Moss, and I've been vocal about it, but if we got Moss for a reasonable price I wouldn't complain, and I could see him working out as well.

And Taylor Mays? Seriously? The guy has no football I.Q. He can't cover to save his life.

ima colts fan and its so true we could of easily signed a braylon edwards or a nnamdi and we would be in the super bowl every year this in house building is great for the reg season we have won 1 sb with the greatest qb ever....just what im thinking....go get moss or t.o and go get taylor mays

laugh out loud?

Better yet, I think we should hire sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads and we would win the pro bowl every Tuesday.

laugh out loud?

Better yet, I think we should hire sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads and we would win the pro bowl every Tuesday.

I suggested that idea to Bill Polian at lunch today and he loved it. He's heading to Sea World tomorrow to begin purchasing the sharks, and Irsay is already putting in orders for lasers....

I suggested that idea to Bill Polian at lunch today and he loved it. He's heading to Sea World tomorrow to begin purchasing the sharks, and Irsay is already putting in orders for lasers....

The hard part is getting the lasers attached to their heads. You see, sharks often bite people when they attempt to attach anything to their heads, as sharks have thousands of sensory organs located within their nose and head area. Often when attempting to attach the laser to the shark, it becomes highly agitated and enters into a predatory response, thusly snapping its jaws firmly upon your hand and the expensive laser equipment. Maybe we should just go with natelombardi's idea and sign Braylon Edwards so we can win the SB every year?

Big name free agents are usually big MONEY free agents...

And they aren't necessarily big PLAY free agents.

You won't hear Braylon Edward's name much now that he's signed in San Francisco... Alex Smith could have developed well if he was allowed to grow comfortable with a system, but Braylon will need to be WIDE open for Alex to find him.

Redskins

End of thread

that's like saying u shouldn't participate in the draft because of teams like the bengals and raiders. i don't know how u define "big name free agents", but there have been many free agents who helped their new team....charles woodson, kurt warner, mike vrabel, rodney harrison, grant winstrom, etc are good examples of players that were essential for their teams sb run.

No team in the NFL is 1 free agent away from the Superbowl every year. And signing other teams players to huge money is not the way to build an NFL team, that is what the draft is for. Do you know how many teams would kill to have 2 SB appearances in the last 5 years?

mod edit

People need to start thinking of the guys we signed new contracts with as signing FA. If you do that then you will realize we signed the #1 FA this year. And next year Mathis and Wayne will be some pretty big names to bring back too.

Please, no personal attacks. Thank you.

the last 3 drafts the colts had produced bust so it was a waste of a draft....id rather sign a free agent for example we have needed a DT for years and we keep trying to develop this bums at dt and it never pans out and sets us back now lets get back the drafts donald brown bust jerry huges bust tony ugo a bust much rather would of signed a free agent how about yall....peyton would have 8 rings if he played for new england they trade and sign fa to keep brady with a-1 talent

the last 3 drafts the colts had produced bust so it was a waste of a draft....id rather sign a free agent for example we have needed a DT for years and we keep trying to develop this bums at dt and it never pans out and sets us back now lets get back the drafts donald brown bust jerry huges bust tony ugo a bust much rather would of signed a free agent how about yall....peyton would have 8 rings if he played for new england they trade and sign fa to keep brady with a-1 talent

Ugoh, yes. Brown, borderline.

As for Hughes, more often than not defensive players on the Colts are backups their first year. To write him off as a bust after one season is absurd. Jackson and Hayden started 1 game total in their rookie seasons. They were pretty good before injuries.

Also, you completely ignore the rest of our drafts the last 3 years. Because of Ugoh, drafts are worthless and FA signings is the only way to get better? Well, Angerer looks good so far. Brody Eldridge seems to be solid for what we drafted him for. Ricardo Mathews looks to be pretty solid, and he was a 7th rounder. So was Kavell Connor, and he looks solid too. Jury is still out on Moala. Powers was a third rounder, and he's very good. Collie was a fourth rounder, and he was leading the league in all kinds of categories last season before he got hurt. McAfee is an excellent punter when he's not swimming in canals. Tamme is pretty good for a 4th rounder. Garcon was a 6th rounder.

And the DT thing is more bad luck than anything else. It's not like we haven't tried to address it, and with good / highly touted players. Simon, McFarland, Pitcock, Ed... but we just signed a DT anyway, in Harris, and we drafted a guy in Nevis who I think is going to be a pro bowler.

How can you call the last 3 drafts "busts". I wont even get in to the names, Warhawk already named most of them. NE won those rings on defence, and last time I checked they have a pretty good QB over there and he doesn't have 8 rings.

laugh out loud?

I could write a minimum 3 page dissertation on the sheer awesomeness of that sentence. lol I might even have to add it to my signature, with your permission. :td:

I could write a minimum 3 page dissertation on the sheer awesomeness of that sentence. lol I might even have to add it to my signature, with your permission. :td:

lol...but of course, sir.

I really wasn't trying to hurt the OP's feelings but....man these redundant, regurgitated thread topics are pushing good threads off the page. We have currently 3 Drake Nevis threads and 2 Kelvin Hayden threads on the first page alone. I wish the mods would hear the cries of the people and do something proactive about it. By closing, instead of merging, redundant threads to send a clear warning about the need to search for topics before opening a new thread. In many cases, one needs not actually use the search feature to discover the topic they wish to discuss is already up and going, often, a quick visual search of the front page will reveal the needlessness of redundant threads.

Many of the regular members here are sick of it. We have new folks popping in here by the dozens and lazily opening threads, as if it comforts their ego to to "hear themselves talking", so to speak. Please mods, do something about this before the season starts and quell the tidal wave of redundant lunacy. It seems nothing short of vandalism to me.

lol...but of course, sir.

I really wasn't trying to hurt the OP's feelings but....man these redundant, regurgitated thread topics are pushing good threads off the page. We have currently 3 Drake Nevis threads and 2 Kelvin Hayden threads on the first page alone. I wish the mods would hear the cries of the people and do something proactive about it. By closing, instead of merging, redundant threads to send a clear warning about the need to search for topics before opening a new thread. In many cases, one needs not actually use the search feature to discover the topic they wish to discuss is already up and going, often, a quick visual search of the front page will reveal the needlessness of redundant threads.

Many of the regular members here are sick of it. We have new folks popping in here by the dozens and lazily opening threads, as if it comforts their ego to to "hear themselves talking", so to speak. Please mods, do something about this before the season starts and quell the tidal wave of redundant lunacy. It seems nothing short of vandalism to me.

thank you officer ruksak, i know i am newand trying to learn the ropes but it seems if someone says something you dont agree with it is

wrong. why dont you start every topic and we all can just waddle behind you. we all are colt fans here, but that does'nt mean cant have some different

opinions. go colts and thanks for some of the signings.

It's all good man. I'm happy to have new faces in the forums so let me be the first by saying WELCOME! It wasn't a personal attack Luv, it seems everyone is making multiple posts. It's no big deal. I'm glad the new forums got started before the season started so we can iron out these wrinkles. I feel we need to watch multiple posts and also there are a few topics in the Colts football discussion that should be moved to the Gameday section, but no worries. I just enjoy talking football no matter how many threads there are

thank you officer ruksak, i know i am newand trying to learn the ropes but it seems if someone says something you dont agree with it is

wrong. why dont you start every topic and all can jut waddle behind you. we all are colt fans here, but that does'nt mean cant have some different

opinions. go colts and thanks for some of the signings.

I have over 150 posts and I haven't started a new thread yet. Not because I am shy to do so, because the topics I wish to discuss are already ongoing. I do what the rules stipulate should be done, and that is, I discuss the topic in the existing thread instead of burdening the mods and the members by creating redundant threads.

You see, when we have 3 Nevis threads, all of which are the same, the mods can either allow the clutter to lay about or they have to take the time to merge the threads. It is time consuming for them. As well, it is time consuming for the members to swim through the river or redundant threads.

Yes, everyone should have a voice. But when we are essentially talking over each other, then what is the point? Frankly, I think its incredibly rude for a new member to sign up, go directly to the 'New Post' tab and create a post without even looking around first. Many of these folks don't even come back afterward, they essentially let their dog poop in our yard and run off.

It is in the rules, Mr Shoe. I am only asking that we come together to help clean up the site. As the regular season kicks off, we are going to see a mass influx of this sort of thing and you will see what I mean. It is not unusual for there to be 5-6 threads on the front page that are all about the same topic, many even having the exact same thread title.

I have over 150 posts and I haven't started a new thread yet. Not because I am shy to do so, because the topics I wish to discuss are already ongoing. I do what the rules stipulate should be done, and that is, I discuss the topic in the existing thread instead of burdening the mods and the members by creating redundant threads.

You see, when we have 3 Nevis threads, all of which are the same, the mods can either allow the clutter to lay about or they have to take the time to merge the threads. It is time consuming for them. As well, it is time consuming for the members to swim through the river or redundant threads.

Yes, everyone should have a voice. But when we are essentially talking over each other, then what is the point? Frankly, I think its incredibly rude for a new member to sign up, go directly to the 'New Post' tab and create a post without even looking around first. Many of these folks don't even come back afterward, they essentially let their dog poop in our yard and run off.

It is in the rules, Mr Shoe. I am only asking that we come together to help clean up the site. As the regular season kicks off, we are going to see a mass influx of this sort of thing and you will see what I mean. It is not unusual for there to be 5-6 threads on the front page that are all about the same topic, many even having the exact same thread title.

i understand what you are saying, than why dont people just not respond to a bad thread and it will go away, but i will work on my game and apologize

if i came in the wrong way,