Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kenny Moore

1959Colts

I really liked what I saw from Kenny Moore II last year.

It seems the Colts are impressed as well.

Here is the latest piece from Stampede Blue that says Moore may surprise this season:

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/6/29/17516580/colts-cornerback-position-may-serve-up-a-surprise-in-2018

it’s been Kenny Moore II who has been getting talked up for what he’s shown in the offseason program. Chris Ballard has been a fan of Moore since claiming off waivers from the New England Patriots in early September of last year. This year, with a new staff, he seems to be making an early impression on them too.

Colts’ defensive coordinator, Matt Eberflus, is liking what he’s seen of Moore. Last season should have given most of us a heads up on how tough Moore is despite his 5-foot-9 frame. Moore totaled 33 tackles in 2017 while starting only 5 games and was as, or more, productive as any of the cornerbacks on the roster given playing time.

• Like 2

His measurables indicate the perfect slot corner. Plus as a former FS/CB at Valdosta State he is used to playing in space. His speed, and his 3-Cone drill indicates he has the hips and flexibility to change direction quickly.

I believe Hairston will be on the outside as a boundary corner and Moore ends up in the slot. 

Desir ends up as the depth on the outside and someone like D.J. White, one of the UDFA's or a waiver wire pickup adds more depth....

• Like 1

If it’s true that the team is considering moving Hairston to inside to the outside corner spot and using someone like Moore in the nickel slot then that would make sense....

It will be interesting to see what kind of interest we show in the three defensive backs up for bidding in the upcoming supplemental draft July 11.    Whether we submit a winning bid or not I hope it’s revealed what all the bids are on each player.    But I don’t expect we’ll get that lucky.   I’ll be very curious to know.

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If it’s true that the team is considering moving Hairston to inside to the outside corner spot and using someone like Moore in the nickel slot then that would make sense....

It will be interesting to see what kind of interest we show in the three defensive backs up for budding in the upcoming supplemental draft July 11.    Whether we submit a winning bid or not I hope it’s revealed what all the bids are on each player.    But I don’t expect we’ll get that lucky.   I’ll be very curious to know.

I'm with you on the supplemental draft.  The fact that we are showing interest in three defensive backs and also have brought in three free agent defensive backs is indicating to me that we are not completely comfortable with our current situation.  We do have at least one extra pick next year so if they forfeit one pick now it is not really a big deal.  I think if at least one of the three rookies passes our scrutiny then Ballard will make a bid.  I can't think of a real strong reason not to as long as they feel the value is there. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Savage said:

The Colts secondary is highly underrated.

Based on what evidence?

The colts secondary is a giant question mark... the two starting safeties are coming off injury, Wilson hardly played last year, Desir needs to show consistency, hairston might be moving outside, who knows how he'll do there?..... and it's a new scheme..... there is nothing certain about this group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

I don't know about moore.....he's no good on the outside....he seems alright in the slot maybe I haven't seen enough of him playing hopefully that will change

Don't forget Moore was a rookie last year...

Undrafted free agent, who started 5 games for us at corner, and was a (very good) starting gunner on kick/punt team.

And was one of our better tacklers.

from wikipedia:

Kenneth Moore Jr. 

(born August 23, 1995) is an American football cornerback for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Valdosta State. He signed with the New England Patriots as an undrafted free agent in 2017.

College career

Moore played for the Valdosta State Blazers of Valdosta State University from 2013 to 2016.[ He began his college career as a cornerback and converted to safety his senior season.] He played in 10 games, starting 1, in 2013, recording 12 solo tackles, 6 tackle assists and 1 interception.

Moore played in all 13 games in 2014, totaling 26 solo tackles, 11 tackle assists, 5 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and 1 forced fumble. He played in 12 games in 2015, recording 34 solo tackles, 17 tackle assists, 1 sack, 6 pass breakups and 3 interceptions, 2 of which were returned for touchdowns. He earned First Team All-GSC, D2CAA Second Team All-Super Region Two and USA College Football Division II Second Team All-American honors in 2015.

Moore played in 11 games in 2016, totaling 45 solo tackles, 20 tackle assists, 1 sack, 8 pass breakups and 5 interceptions.[11] He garnered GSC All-Academic, Second Team All-GSC, D2CAA Second Team All-Super Region Two, HERO Sports D2 First Team All-American and AFCA First Team All-American recognition in 2016.

His 11 career interceptions ranked fifth all-time in school history.

In January 2017, he played in the Tropical Bowl, a college football all-star game.

New England Patriots

Moore signed with the New England Patriots as an undrafted free agent on May 5, 2017. Despite a strong performance in training camp and the preseason, he was waived by the Patriots on September 2, 2017.

Indianapolis Colts

Moore was claimed off waivers by the Indianapolis Colts on September 3, 2017.