Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah, it makes for the highlights on ESPN. The dramatics also get a lot of fouls called no matter if they were real fouls.

The thing that irritates me is when the Pacers play like who they play instead of how they are capable.

I guess without Vic and Sabonis.....it would have been a big upset for us to win this..

we got very, very little off the bench

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

117-98......on the dark side

Myles had a career high 17 rebounds

..but we wont beat anybody shooting 37 3s.....we arent that kind of team

42-24...and on to the big one: Philadelphia Sunday

Agree with how we were going against our identity. That falls on the coaching staff, IMO. 

• Like 1

Well I never said we should shoot 37 3's (of course that isn't our identity) but to beat that team you better make a majority of the 3's you take was my point. Like 12-20 for example and defend their 3's and not turn it over. You won't beat teams like the Warriors, Bucks, or Rockets if you do not make 3's. That is common sense no matter your identity. 

As much as I like the Bucks because they are a small market team and much like us = built the right way, they will get squashed like a bug if they play the Warriors in the Finals. Giannis will have to deal with Durant so they are screwed. Curry will have a field day in a series like that.

10 minutes ago, MTC said:

Agree with how we were going against our identity. That falls on the coaching staff, IMO. 

I have to agree. I wonder what our game plan was.

They have Brooke Lopez and 78-year-old Pau Gasol at center and we have Myles at the 3-point line.  Even O'Quinn was shooting mid range Js.

That seemed to be by design....and, to me, that's a bad design.

I know Myles is not a good low-post center but Brooke Lopez is going to stop him?

In the low post you get fouled and you get free throws and you slow the game

We badly missed Sabonis...maybe he can play Sunday

But Sunday, we go against a low-post Monster in Embid.

We played well defensively tonight until the final few minutes but our offense was a wing and a prayer.  37 3s is not what we do.

But again..2 of our top 3 scorers were out....and Milwaukee is in first place.

I cant be too critical

24 minutes ago, MTC said:

I hate to be a Negative Nancy, but I don’t see us competing with the top dogs of the East (Boston, Philly, Toronto, and Milwaukee) when it comes to the playoffs.

You are probably right and just being realistic. Once Vic went down I thought the same thing. Take anyone's best player away from any team and that is just how it is. Take Giannis off the Bucks, take Embiid of the Sixers, take Leonard off of the Raptors, those teams become average. 

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well I never said we should shoot 37 3's (of course that isn't our identity) but to beat that team you better make a majority of the 3's you take was my point. Like 12-20 for example and defend their 3's and not turn it over. You won't beat teams like the Warriors, Bucks, or Rockets if you do not make 3's. That is common sense no matter your identity. 

As much as I like the Bucks because they are a small market team and much like us = built the right way, they will get squashed like a bug if they play the Warriors in the Finals. Giannis will have to deal with Durant so they are screwed. Curry will have a field day in a series like that.

But WE wont beat ANYBODY shooting 37 3s.....is my point.

We don't have a half dozen distance shooters...

You don't outshoot Golden State and Houston.

You slow the game down and get in the low post. The game slows down in the playoffs.

Nobody hits a majority of their 3s//

Milwaukee will have problems with Philadelphia because they don't have a matchup for Embid and they do have long range shooters.

I wasn't impressed with the Bucks.  I'm still not sure they'd beat us in a 7-game series

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MTC said:

I hate to be a Negative Nancy, but I don’t see us competing with the top dogs of the East (Boston, Philly, Toronto, and Milwaukee) when it comes to the playoffs.

That's probably why we need to hold the 3-seed so we can play Detroit or Brooklyn in the first round

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

But WE wont beat ANYBODY shooting 37 3s.....is my point.

We don't have a half dozen distance shooters...

You don't outshoot Golden State and Houston.

You slow the game down and get in the low post. The game slows down in the playoffs.

Nobody hits a majority of their 3s//

Milwaukee will have problems with Philadelphia because they don't have a matchup for Embid and they do have long range shooters.

I wasn't impressed with the Bucks.  I'm still not sure they'd beat us in a 7-game series

If we had Vic I think we could win the East but we don't so it is a moot point. I still think we have played well without him. We also have a fun, unselfish team to watch but without Vic we can't beat the elite teams.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we had Vic I think we could win the East but we don't so it is a moot point. I still think we have played well without him. We also have a fun, unselfish team to watch but without Vic we can't beat the elite teams.

I am not ready to say that with certainty just yet...

Since Vic has been out, we missed Myles for 5 games..Evans for 4 and now Sabonis for 4.

With all hands (except Vic) on deck, I think we can pull an upset.

You know how I am...Its not fun unless we're winning  and if we dont win a playoff series its not a good year

I still see 50 wins

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I am not ready to say that with certainty just yet...

Since Vic has been out, we missed Myles for 5 games..Evans for 4 and now Sabonis for 4.

With all hands (except Vic) on deck, I think we can pull an upset.

You know how I am...Its not fun unless we're winning  and if we dont win a playoff series its not a good year

I still see 50 wins

Had we had Sabonis tonight the game would've been much closer I will say that. If we play the Nets in the 1st round I have us winning that. If we have HCA vs Boston we have a chance but it will be tough if they start playing like they are capable of. They are starting to play better.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Had we had Sabonis tonight the game would've been much closer I will say that. If we play the Nets in the 1st round I have us winning that. If we have HCA vs Boston we have a chance but it will be tough if they start playing like they are capable of. They are starting to play better.

24 hours ago...…..Boston 125, Golden State 97...

….That's how they played last year......

I agree..I dont know if we beat Boston now

..and I dont know if Philadelphia beats them

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

24 hours ago...…..Boston 125, Golden State 97...

….That's how they played last year......

I agree..I dont know if we beat Boston now

..and I dont know if Philadelphia beats them

Before the season started I had the Warriors vs Celtics in the Finals. It may still happen. I had us in the Conference Finals losing to the Celtics but Vic's injury screwed me up there. I thought the Bucks would be good but not this good, they are surprisingly borderline great. The Sixers are missing something IMO, good chemistry perhaps? The Celtics own them.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't want to say the Bucks aren't good,.

But like you said,   Giannis cant score outside the lane and they are a little old and light at center.

The oddity of Kyrie Irving 'messing up' the Celtics is not something I saw coming.

And I'll bet he's not there next year no matter how far they go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Yeah, I don't want to say the Bucks aren't good,.

But like you said,   Giannis cant score outside the lane and they are a little old and light at center.

The oddity of Kyrie Irving 'messing up' the Celtics is not something I saw coming.

And I'll bet he's not there next year no matter how far they go.

If Leonard plays like he did 2 years ago, Toronto could even win the East. 

• Like 2

Winning Sunday is our only chance to have a shot at keeping the #3 seed.   

I'm proud and bummed at the teams performance this season.   Mostly proud.   They really have come together and played well.   

The "bummed" part comes from Turner.   While he is doing decent,  I was hoping this would be a breakout year for him.  Especially after Vic went down.    He has been better this season, but not really that much.   It seems we'll be going into another off season saying that next year could be the year that we see a 20/10 stat line.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Winning Sunday is our only chance to have a shot at keeping the #3 seed.   

I'm proud and bummed at the teams performance this season.   Mostly proud.   They really have come together and played well.   

The "bummed" part comes from Turner.   While he is doing decent,  I was hoping this would be a breakout year for him.  Especially after Vic went down.    He has been better this season, but not really that much.   It seems we'll be going into another off season saying that next year could be the year that we see a 20/10 stat line.   

I hear you, Myles'   Your rim protection is great but you're still averaging 13-14 points and 6-7 rebounds a game. You just has to get stronger so you doesnt get pushed around. Maybe next year.

I keep trying to remember,  you're just 23 years old but our backup center cannot average more points, rebounds and assists than our starting center.

Myles has to give us 20 and 10 for us to win the conference.

..and yes, with 16 games to go, we have to beat the 76ers Sunday or we wont be the '3'

• Like 1

17 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I hear you, Myles'   Your rim protection is great but you're still averaging 13-14 points and 6-7 rebounds a game. You just has to get stronger so you doesnt get pushed around. Maybe next year.

I keep trying to remember,  you're just 23 years old but our backup center cannot average more points, rebounds and assists than our starting center.

Myles has to give us 20 and 10 for us to win the conference.

..and yes, with 16 games to go, we have to beat the 76ers Sunday or we wont be the '3'

I still say, if they can keep working and developing Myles, he can be a Kevin Garnett type player. The kid can shoot from anywhere on the floor, however I'm with you, he can't be shooting 10+ 3's like he did the other night (I'm sure this was a huge outlier but still). He HAS to get better on the block and develop a consistent low post game. As you said in another post, he should have been killing Lopez/Gasol down low, but he opted to play outside of the paint. Until they can knock the softness out of Myles, he's going to continue being the same player. Until Myles turns that corner, if he ever does, the Pacers HAVE to find a way to keep Sabonis on the roster in the future because he's still consistently outplaying Myles on the offensive end, off the bench.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I still say, if they can keep working and developing Myles, he can be a Kevin Garnett type player. The kid can shoot from anywhere on the floor, however I'm with you, he can't be shooting 10+ 3's like he did the other night (I'm sure this was a huge outlier but still). He HAS to get better on the block and develop a consistent low post game. As you said in another post, he should have been killing Lopez/Gasol down low, but he opted to play outside of the paint. Until they can knock the softness out of Myles, he's going to continue being the same player. Until Myles turns that corner, if he ever does, the Pacers HAVE to find a way to keep Sabonis on the roster in the future because he's still consistently outplaying Myles on the offensive end, off the bench.

There's still a lot of time...He's just turning 23 this month.

But remember when Al Jefferson was here and his parttime job was to teach Myles the low post game?  It didn't take.

...Is it crazy that we sign  or draft a third center….a low post rebounder and back-to-the basket scorer and make Myles a full-time '4'?

Or would that take him away from the basket and dim his shot blocking prowess?

Its interesting you mention Garnett. Garnett played angry.

Myles plays 'nice' ..

I wonder if you can change that.

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

59-51 at the half...   My;es has played just 9 minutes and Sabonis has played only 8

We're in good shape.

Bogdonavic has no problem being the focus of the offense again today

11 of 19 from the foul line..we should be ahead  by 15

I will take 59-51 for the foul trouble we have been in. We have to be careful at the beginning of the 3rd because I have feeling they will come out aggressive.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will take 59-51 for the foul trouble we have been in. We have to be careful at the beginning of the 3rd because I have feeling they will come out aggressive.

I know I'm whining..but when Embid backs into Quinn its a foul on Quinn

..and when Sabonis backs into Embid, its a foul on Sabonis.

What's up with that.?

Aaron Holiday was ready to play...5 minutes...6 points and a steal.

..and McDermott looks like Kyle Korver out there.. well..sometimes he does

• Like 1