Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Grigson

TheMose

I am in complete shock to see the amount of people here talking about how Grigson did a better job than Ballard. Grigson is a fan's GM. Big sexy picks and players without any consideration for fit and potential. We are fans, we aren't professionals in the field. Chris Ballard is very well praised among his peers. Let's see how these picks play out before cruxifying him. Anybody that wants Grigson back, Please lay off the drugs.

• Like 1

Ballard has about 6 months, then the honeymoon is over.   Nature of the business.  Results, otherwise fans will turn on him like they will turn on anyone.  

I didn't love this offseason or draft, but personally I'm in wait and see mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, #12. said:

Ballard has about 6 months, then the honeymoon is over.   Nature of the business.  Results, otherwise fans will turn on him like they will turn on anyone.  

Because of Grigson's last 4 Drafts between 2013-2016 he messed our whole team up + the Trent trade too. At least give Ballard 3 years before you judge. He hired Reich and actually I like this Draft. I love Nelson - we needed O.Line help. I also think Leonard will be Good at LB, and the Hines pick was Great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

I can definitely respect that. Not a fan of judging a draft until seeing them play. All these grades and judgements mean nothing until we see who performs. 

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

I haven't seen any posts with fans wanting grigson back but Imo you'd have to be one stupid mf to say that. Especially with the state he left our Colts in.

They are all over the draft pick threads. This seemed like a base building draft. Not much flash but a solid foundation. Making up for what Grigson wrecked. 

5 minutes ago, #12. said:

He might have 6 months before the fans turn on him... but he has about 2 more years before the Irsay's do. 

This was a 3 year minimum rebuild from the start. I think it will come together next offseason, and we will be on here chomping at the bit for the season to come next year on day 3 of the draft. This is a longterm approach and his cap management proves he intends on developing these two draft classes into multi-million dollar deal players in next 3-4 years. 

34 minutes ago, TheMose said:

I am in complete shock to see the amount of people here talking about how Grigson did a better job than Ballard. Grigson is a fan's GM. Big sexy picks and players without any consideration for fit and potential. We are fans, we aren't professionals in the field. Chris Ballard is very well praised among his peers. Let's see how these picks play out before cruxifying him. Anybody that wants Grigson back, Please lay off the drugs.

Umm which of grigsons picks were big or sexy outside of Luck???? 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In 5 years of Drafting, Grigson has had 2 Great Draft picks and 1 Good one. That is in 5 years = Luck/TY = Great, Kelly = Good. No Defensive players at all. He traded for Vontae (Defensive player) so I give him that but he also traded for Trent so that offsets that.

Man was a terrible drafter. Hopefully Clayton Geathers is added to the list of his successes though. Big fan of his.