Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think the Cards just stole Christian Kirk from us

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nwosu is a 3-4 OLB.    Not a scheme fit.

And Kirk is under 5'10" 1/2.   That's not what we're looking for....

well, as for Kirk, we're talking about going to more short passing. That's right up Kirk's alley. short pass and run run run

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gigc said:

well, as for Kirk, we're talking about going to more short passing. That's right up Kirk's alley. short pass and run run run

Yup.  Don't need the big physical WR everybody thinks.  We need YAC.

This forum has always liked slow physical receivers.  Nicks, Allen, AJ.  I dont get it.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yup.  Don't need the big physical WR everybody thinks.  We need YAC.

This forum has always liked slow physical receivers.  Nicks, Allen, AJ.  I dont get it.

Sure you get it...

Taller receivers are Red Zone Targets...   what's so hard to understand about that?

You make a fair point about YAC...   we'll see how this pans out....

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sure you get it...

Taller receivers are Red Zone Targets...   what's so hard to understand about that?

You make a fair point about YAC...   we'll see how this pans out....

We haven't had true YAC since Terrance Wilkins, if you remember him.  Marvin went down to avoid hits and Reggie was a possession guy.  TY has straight line speed but not much wiggle.  No other WR is even worth mentioning.

St Brown, Simmie Cobbs, and Javon Sims are nice tall receivers, but I want a slot with great hands and YAC.

4 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

Well, Ballard passed on DJ Chark. He's 6'4 guy with 4.3 speed.

And there's a reason for that...  because rookie receivers rarely deliver much in their first year.   Why use a high pick on a guy who likely won't give you bang for your draft pick buck...

Plus...   the Colts have more pressing needs on defense and maybe even at running back... 

i believe they wanted to go WR & RB late there are a ton of RB's in this draft i'm not concerned Ballard is staying true to his word and it doesnt look like they are getting away from there board the picks are in pretty quick the more i see of Turay now he looks like he can get after the QB and as some have already mentioned his get off is one of the first things you notice about him. I've like the picks so far i'd like to see these fronts punch people in the face more often than getting punched in the mouth.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And there's a reason for that...  because rookie receivers rarely deliver much in their first year.   Why use a high pick on a guy who likely won't give you bang for your draft pick buck...

Plus...   the Colts have more pressing needs on defense and maybe even at running back... 

yeah, except second year wide receivers only get there by being rookie wide receivers first :)

• Like 2

Well, I see another CB today, along with another LB, a WR and a RB. PLUS HEAVY on all 4 positions with UFAs. 

Plus.....look for a vet WR and a vet RB to be signed soon as well. That would help a lot with depth at both positions.