Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fletcher Cox Vs Ta'amu Vs Devon Still(Video Gametape Inside)

If both Still and Cox fell to 34 I think I would want Still, but it would be close. I don't know if he can, but if he can play NT then that would easily separate him from Cox for me...I know he can play 3-4 DE and 4-3 DT, 3-4 NT would bring some needed versatility. I wouldn't mind Ta'amu where previously I had been high on him, It's just that idk if he would be the best talent at 34...if we could get him in the third however, that would be different.

I love Cox and Still, but I don't think either of them will be available at 34. Cox has a better chance and would be a great pick. Ta'amu has great potential but I wouldn't take him at 34, he may be there at 65.

Still has 50% motor. I don't know if I wan't that guy. Cox is All motor, so is Derek Wolf but Cox is a gamer I like him in the second round.

HOWEVER, since we are doing this hybrid 3-4 Defense, and we already have Drake Nieves who I think can do what Cox can, and Ta'Amu might get picked up mid 2nd round....we should think about maybe going CB 2nd round and hoping that Ta'Amu falls to the third and pick him up immediately.

Of the 3, Ta'Amu is the definite best fit for NT in a 3-4.

So the way I see it is Hosely 2nd or Stephen gilmore (who i'm still researching) and T'amu in the 3rd which is risky...or Cox in the 2nd round and Casey Hayward in the 3rd which is safe

Still has 50% motor. I don't know if I wan't that guy. Cox is All motor, so is Derek Wolf but Cox is a gamer I like him in the second round.

HOWEVER, since we are doing this hybrid 3-4 Defense, and we already have Drake Nieves who I think can do what Cox can, and Ta'Amu might get picked up mid 2nd round....we should think about maybe going CB 2nd round and hoping that Ta'Amu falls to the third and pick him up immediately.

So the way I see it is Hosely 2nd or Stephen gilmore (who i'm still researching) and T'amu in the 3rd which is risky...or Cox in the 2nd round and Casey Hayward in the 3rd which is safe

Cox and Hayward would be beautiful

If we got Cox in the 2nd and Wolfe later in the draft our D-Line would be great if we picked up an NT or got Ta'amu at 65. Then you got Mathis and maybe Freeney blitzing from the OLB position. How do you stop that?

If we could get either Crick or Wolfe with our comp. 4th I'd be very happy...It all depends on how FA pans out though and where our biggest needs are

just as a side note...the more guys I look up and like that are projected later in this draft...the more tempting it is to side with the "trade the No. 1 pick" crowd. I've never been this into scouting, I'm pretty pumped to see how this draft class will turn out.

I have yet to see A Rankings board that has Reyes ranked higer than Ta'Amu

Also, people keep saying Ta'Amu in the third, but I don't know if he make it to the third.

Everybody draft board has him in the top 40.

I said Ta'amu in the third because I don't think he would be the bpa at 34 and thus would not want him there and would rather adress another need there, since we seem to have a few, and go NT later in the draft with guys who Bmore listed. ( I had forgotten about Nicks for a little while until Bmore brought him up)

I said Ta'amu in the third because I don't think he would be the bpa at 34 and thus would not want him there and would rather adress another need there, since we seem to have a few, and go NT later in the draft with guys who Bmore listed. ( I had forgotten about Nicks for a little while until Bmore brought him up)

I agree with what u said. Ta'amu is a reach at 34 but gives some value at 65. I like going BPA almost anytime in draft. Or at least top few. I hate reaching in order to get a player that fits a need.

Brockers and Still seem to be the top rated DTs but I feel both will drop some in the first round. I believe Cox is the best athlete of the DTs. All three will be gone by pick 34. Ta Amu is a pure NT and is a 3rd round talent that the Colts may have to take at 34 but I would prefer the CB Robinson at 34. He is the fastest DB from the combine and his ss, 3 cone, Bp and VL are all outstanding. I do realize that for the new 3-4 the Colts will run a big tough NT is needed more.

Brockers and Still seem to be the top rated DTs but I feel both will drop some in the first round. I believe Cox is the best athlete of the DTs. All three will be gone by pick 34. Ta Amu is a pure NT and is a 3rd round talent that the Colts may have to take at 34 but I would prefer the CB Robinson at 34. He is the fastest DB from the combine and his ss, 3 cone, Bp and VL are all outstanding. I do realize that for the new 3-4 the Colts will run a big tough NT is needed more.

That's my point. I hate reaching, and Polian Despised reaching...but I think that Ta'Amu is extremely important for us, and I don't think he is third round. I think if he can project to mid 2nd by april, we take a small reach.

I like Josh Robinson's stats. I'll post some videos of his game tape. He played very Good against A.J. Green.

I coached Stephon Gilmore in youth football. I rank him as the second best athlete I have coached in 24 years. Kayo Simpson was the third and lasted a few years with Buffalo. I felt Stephon was more suited to WR at USC and in the NFL but most of the top athletes from my home town are moved to DB in the NFL. Phillip Rivers with SF, Jeff Burris with the Colts and Buffalo, Johnathan Joseph with Cinn. and Hou. to name a few. I have a lot of Gamecock fans in my home town that are down on Stephon but I believe he can play in the NFL. Stephon has speed and excellent change of direction skills. I feel he is more suited to WR but he will make in the NFL no matter where they play him (FS or CB are options).

A lot of good names in this thread.

I love Cox....does that sound wrong?

Ta'Amu isn't really a 'penetrator', but he does seem to demand a double team. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_big_board_rankings.html&position=all <<<This place is pretty high on him, but I don't know where NFL scouts think his worth is. I probably wouldn't take him at 34, but if he fell to the 3rd round...hellllzzz yeah.

Kheeston Randall, Derek Wolfe, Josh Chapman....all guys that I see making an impact in the league, and can be had with a 4th/5th round pick.

Draftek has Fletcher Cox at # 34,... Kendall Reyes @ # 62, Kheeston Randall,... Derek Wolfe. # 180.. all are 3-4 DE's

Ta' amu #79, ( -16 Drop)... Hick's 3148 ( +253) ...Chapman #153 (-87) .. all 3-4 DT/ NT

I would take Cox if available ( can only hope) .. Reyes yea if we can grab.. don't think he will be there Wolfe will be a good pick up in the 5th if he s there

I like hicks ( raw, but high upside ) Chapman would be a good choice.....

Even though the scouts are saying that this is a deep draft for DT, there are not many 3-4 DTs in this years draft. Maybe five or six true 3-4 DTs and another couple that could possibly play there. I read somewhere that about half of the teams in the league now run the 3-4 defense. This is why some one like Ta'amu who would normally be a third round talent will probably go in the second. I would be alright with trading down a little later in the second round to pick him and get an extra pick or two as well. I think he is the best pure run stuffing 3-4 NT after Poe. And with the 3 technique so deep this year, we could get a lot better value in the later rounds not to mention we have a full roster of them as well.