Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buffalo trade I’d be ok with

Buffalo gets 6

we get 12, 22 and their two second.  

I would then like to trade 12 and one second and maybe a future four to move up somewhere between 8-10 and take edmunds or Smith.  In this trade scenario Chubb, Barkley, and Nelson are already gone.  We’d pick an extra first and would then have four seconds. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Buffalo gets 6

I would then like to trade 12 and one second and maybe a future four to move up somewhere between 8-10 and take edmunds or Smith.  In this trade scenario Chubb, Barkley, and Nelson are already gone.  We’d pick an extra first and would then have four seconds. 

I’d much rather get their 12, 22, and 2019 1st.

Then with the 12th pick I’d target Roquan Smith and at 22 I’d target Taven Bryan. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

I’d much rather get their 12, 22, and 2019 1st.

Then with the 12th pick I’d target Roquan Smith and at 22 I’d target Taven Bryan. 

I don’t think you’re going to get 3 ones for them to move up six spots. I kind of doubt they can get both seconds.  

Also, I don’t think Smith will be there at 12 unfortunately.  That’s why I proposed the third trade. 

28 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Buffalo gets 6

The chances of this happening are not great....

The points match was a fit when the Colts had the 3rd overall pick.   So, it's no longer a match now.   If the Bills want to move up to get their QB they could offer all those picks to the NYG for the 2nd pick or Cleveland for the 4th pick and maybe even Denver for the 5th pick.

That means we have very little leverage.

Plus...   Ballard may want to do a deal for fewer if the Bills 2018 picks and have Buffalo include a 2019 first round pick.   The Bills don't look like a very good team in 2018, so their 19 first round pick may be VERY desirable. 

Just some food for thought...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The points match was a fit when the Colts had the 3rd overall pick.   So, it's no longer a match now.   If the Bills want to move up to get their QB they could offer all those picks to the NYG for the 2nd pick or Cleveland for the 4th pick and maybe even Denver for the 5th pick.

Plus...   Ballard may want to do a deal for fewer if the Bills 2018 picks and have Buffalo include a 2019 first round pick.   The Bills don't look like a very good team in 2018, so their 19 first round pick may be VERY desirable. 

Yeah I’m all onboard for getting a potentially bad team’s first round pick for next year. The dline class is going to be stacked. Fans don’t seem to be keen on it because they don’t want the delayed gratification but since we’re not going to be exactly competing for a championship next year, I’m a huge proponent of turning our current pick into an additional first for 2019. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well, Cleveland has a boatload of picks already. They need talent and can get it with the 1st and 4th picks. At some point you cash in your chips. I don’t expect Cleveland to trade the 4th pick. Barkley or Chubb  IMO. And Denver needs help too. As In blue chip players. Nelson would be a great fit. So there sit the Colts and Buffalo is desperate for a QB. You don’t think if there is a QB still available that they want that they won’t go all in? I think in such a situation the Colts can get both of the Bills’ 1st rounders as well as a second and maybe that 65th pick they got from Cleveland. Or two firsts this year and next years’ first. And they’ll make that deal because there will be other teams trying to trade up ahead of them. Miami and Arizona, for instance. They have the ammunition other teams don’t. If the right QB is there I can see another bonanza coming the Colts’ way. 

55 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Well, Cleveland has a boatload of picks already. They need talent and can get it with the 1st and 4th picks. At some point you cash in your chips. I don’t expect Cleveland to trade the 4th pick. Barkley or Chubb  IMO. And Denver needs help too. As In blue chip players. Nelson would be a great fit. So there sit the Colts and Buffalo is desperate for a QB. You don’t think if there is a QB still available that they want that they won’t go all in? I think in such a situation the Colts can get both of the Bills’ 1st rounders as well as a second and maybe that 65th pick they got from Cleveland. Or two firsts this year and next years’ first. And they’ll make that deal because there will be other teams trying to trade up ahead of them. Miami and Arizona, for instance. They have the ammunition other teams don’t. If the right QB is there I can see another bonanza coming the Colts’ way. 

If we trade back...    IF...   I hope we get a haul you feel good about....

16 hours ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Buffalo gets 6

I'd jump at that haul!

I would not in turn trade back up as you propose, though.

As I said in a different thread on basically the same subject ...

I think if it were me making the decision, to trade down with the Bills, I would require both of their 1sts rounders this year, AND ...

- either a 2nd or maybe a 3rd rounder this year ...

- or no less than a second rounder next year.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 6:47 PM, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Buffalo gets 6

If 2 of those top 4 qbs are still around when we Pick I think buffalo would be more than desperate enough to actually make that trade.