Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kravitz Tweet, For What It's Worth

deadman

I'm cool with Peyton throwing in Florida, but if he is throwing for Jax and Miami than it's tampering.

Ultimately, maybe Peyton will feel guilty right before he leaves our franchise and restructure with us so that we can trade him. I believe Peyton has wanted to leave for a few seasons now, and that is why coaches like Fisher and Rex started to court him awhile back. This is primarily due to terrible drafting strategies leading to a very top-heavy roster. Those within the organization knew they were one or two injuries away from being average. Unfortunately we learned to what extent our competitiveness falls when we lost the Sheriff, everyone was exposed.

The Colts are a sinking ship, and I can't blame Peyton for wanting to leave. I just hope he doesn't leave us in the dark.

How are we a sinking ship? If anything we are a ship that has already sunk and is now coming back

But Adam..

If Manning is throwing to Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon..arent the 'observing' him?

What if they aren't looking at him directly, might be doing something like when you want to see an eclipse of the sun...... :sarcasm:

They aren't considered coaching staff or management from what I understand.

No doubt..but they could report to Irsay..giving him an idea of Manning's condition...

and they'd be pretty good judges...

..we know the team is talking to Garcon's agent.

are we naive to think that Irsay isnt getting reports from Manning's receivers?

Kravitz seems to be all over the place, first he says "noodle arm". Then he retracts that statement. Now he is saying that Manning is throwing well. I trust Bill Polian's statement that Peyton was throwing well in December and Irsay didn't want that coming out because it would give Peyton a better chance to get that 28 mil and Irsay wants a cheaper contract from Peyton

Probably for similar reasons why PM hasn't demonstrated for the media his current throwing abilities.

Because he's not interested in other teams unless things break down in contract negotiations with the Colts. He can't send video to Irsay because of the CBA. So my guess is he's just trying to get better( practice throws)

What if they aren't looking at him directly, might be doing something like when you want to see an eclipse of the sun...... :sarcasm:

Manning could be wearing a brown paper bag over his head like the "aint" fans used to, making it impossible for Wayne & Garcon to know for sure who is throwing to them.

I don't know what to think anymore.

What exactly does "better" mean?

Until i see video I just can't keep getting my hopes up again and again.

"Throwing better" in Florida tells me NOTHING.

So Irsay is supposed to believe that? Anyone think there were any Dolphin, Redskin, etc staff privy to him throwing?

It seems so unfair for our team to have to make a decision on a health type situation essentially blind.

I'm not sure that it really matters anyway at this point.

Manning could be wearing a brown paper bag over his head like the "aint" fans used to, making it impossible for Wayne & Garcon to know for sure who is throwing to them.

Maybe they're both wearing bags over their heads to test Manning's accuracy and Garcon's route running ability.

Maybe six QBs with wigs are throwing footballs so Reggie and Garcon wont know which one is Manning?

I don't know what to think anymore.

What exactly does "better" mean?

Until i see video I just can't keep getting my hopes up again and again.

"Throwing better" in Florida tells me NOTHING.

So Irsay is supposed to believe that? Anyone think there were any Dolphin, Redskin, etc staff privy to him throwing?

It seems so unfair for our team to have to make a decision on a health type situation essentially blind.

I'm not sure that it really matters anyway at this point.

You'll see a video in April when offseason workouts start. Hopefully he's with the team you prefer.

How are we a sinking ship? If anything we are a ship that has already sunk and is now coming back

From the perspective we haven't drafted well, and if/when Manning leaves you got to suspect he will take others with him (Wayne, Garcon, etc..). At this point we are sunk. I'm just hoping Manning realizes this and agrees to restructure with us so we can trade him. It's the least he could do. I am sure he doesn't want to leave us in shambles w/o some type of compensation (draft picks).

Maybe they're both wearing bags over their heads to test Manning's accuracy and Garcon's route running ability.

Maybe six QBs with wigs are throwing footballs so Reggie and Garcon wont know which one is Manning?

If one of those 6 qb's is Painter they will have a good idea its him because of the inacurracy.

It's funny, I usually am not a big fan of Kravitz. But on the Manning topic, he's saying the exact same thing I've said forever. Best move is to move on, accept rebuilding, and take Luck. But IF we keep Manning, we HAVE to trade the pick, go all-in, and just destroy our cap/future for the hope of 1 ring in the next 3 years. I hate agreeing so vehemently with Kravitz, I'll go take a shower now

It's funny, I usually am not a big fan of Kravitz. But on the Manning topic, he's saying the exact same thing I've said forever. Best move is to move on, accept rebuilding, and take Luck. But IF we keep Manning, we HAVE to trade the pick, go all-in, and just destroy our cap/future for the hope of 1 ring in the next 3 years. I hate agreeing so vehemently with Kravitz, I'll go take a shower now

Where is it written that the Colts have to trade the pick to keep Manning? Lots of variables but I'm pretty sure keeping him and the pick is still an option.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 3, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 3, 2012 - personal shot

I'm cool with Peyton throwing in Florida, but if he is throwing for Jax and Miami than it's tampering.

Ultimately, maybe Peyton will feel guilty right before he leaves our franchise and restructure with us so that we can trade him. I believe Peyton has wanted to leave for a few seasons now, and that is why coaches like Fisher and Rex started to court him awhile back. This is primarily due to terrible drafting strategies leading to a very top-heavy roster. Those within the organization knew they were one or two injuries away from being average. Unfortunately we learned to what extent our competitiveness falls when we lost the Sheriff, everyone was exposed.

The Colts are a sinking ship, and I can't blame Peyton for wanting to leave. I just hope he doesn't leave us in the dark.

I hope this sinking ship sinks right on top of the air bubble that sits directly between you ears....Peyton has wanted to leave for a couple of years????? Get real.....what a ridiculous statement.......thats almost as ridiculous as most of the junk Mike Florio keeps spouting.......just plainly stupid statements without 1 single shred of truth.....thrown up in the air, hoping any little piece of it sticks on the wall somewhere.....jees.....get a life.

I was saying this yesterday.. Pay Manning and trade the 1st draft pick on draft day after seeing what the Rams are being offered.

U have to let teams know u r open, Rams are trying to do deal ASAP to avoid this and lock in trade, In fact a deal may be done already but cant announce till league season starts March 13

I posted links elswhere on this, sorry they were in a comment in a long thread and dont have link

Heres 1 link , ( this wasn't my best one which had more detail and was a better source )

La Canfora also reported, via sources, that the Rams are willing to move the pick far in advance of April's draft.

http://www.nfl.com/n...about-no-2-pick