The Peytonator

Flux Civilian

Fr33UpFr33ney

Coltsfandink

BlackHawk

BMoreColt

chad72

CCH

Draft order for first 2 rounds (with team name and poster name picking it) below:

Round 1

1. Indianapolis (2-14) - The Peytonator
  2. St. Louis (2-14) - Flux Civilian
  3. Minnesota (3-13) - Fr33UpFr33ney
  4. Cleveland (4-12) - Coltsfandink
  5. Tampa Bay (4-12) - BlackHawk
  6. Washington (5-11) - BMoreColt
  7. Jacksonville (5-11) - chad72
  8. Miami (6-10) - CCH
  9. Carolina (6-10) - The Peytonator
  10. Buffalo (6-10) - Flux Civilian
  11. Kansas City (7-9) - Fr33UpFr33ney
  12. Seattle (7-9) - Coltsfandink
  13. Arizona (8-8) - BlackHawk
  14. Dallas (8-8) - BMoreColt
  15. Philadelphia (8-8) - chad72
  16. New York Jets (8-8) - CCH
  17. Cincinnati - from Oakland (8-8) - The Peytonator
  18. San Diego (8-8) - Flux Civilian
  19. Chicago (8-8) - Fr33UpFr33ney
  20. Tennessee (9-7) - Coltsfandink
  21. Cincinnati* (9-7) - BlackHawk
  22. Cleveland - from Atlanta* (10-6) - BMoreColt
  23. Detroit* (10-6) - chad72
  24. Pittsburgh* (12-4) - CCH
  25. Denver* (8-8) - The Peytonator
  26. Houston* (10-6) - Flux Civilian
  27. New England - from New Orleans* (13-3) - Fr33UpFr33ney
  28. Green Bay* (15-1) - Coltsfandink
  29. Baltimore* (12-4) - BlackHawk
  30. San Francisco* (13-3) - BMoreColt
  31. New England* (13-3) - chad72
  32. New York Giants* (9-7) - CCH

• Atlanta -> Cleveland: Julio Jones
  • New Orleans -> New England: Mark Ingram
  • Oakland -> Cincinnati: Carson Palmer

Round 2

1. St. Louis (2-14) - The Peytonator
  2. Indianapolis (2-14) - Flux Civilian
  3. Minnesota (3-13) - Fr33UpFr33ney
  4. Tampa Bay (4-12) - Coltsfandink
  5. Cleveland (4-12) - BlackHawk
  6. Jacksonville (5-11) - BMoreColt
  7. Washington (5-11) - chad72
  8. Carolina (6-10) - CCH
  9. Buffalo (6-10) - The Peytonator
  10. Miami (6-10) - Flux Civilian
  11. Seattle (7-9) - Fr33UpFr33ney
  12. Kansas City (7-9) - Coltsfandink
  13. Dallas (8-8) - BlackHawk
  14. Philadelphia (8-8) - BMoreColt
  15. New York Jets (8-8) - chad72
  16. New England - from Oakland (8-8) - CCH
  17. San Diego (8-8) - The Peytonator
  18. Chicago (8-8) - Flux Civilian
  19. Philadelphia - from Arizona (8-8) - Fr33UpFr33ney
  20. Tennessee (9-7) - Coltsfandink
  21. Cincinnati* (9-7) - BlackHawk
  22. Detroit* (10-6) - BMoreColt
  23. Atlanta* (10-6) - chad72
  24. Pittsburgh* (12-4) - CCH
  25. Denver* (8-8) - The Peytonator
  26. Houston* (10-6) - Flux Civilian
  27. New Orleans* (13-3) - Fr33UpFr33ney
  28. Green Bay* (15-1) - Coltsfandink
  29. Baltimore* (12-4) - BlackHawk
  30. San Francisco* (13-3) - BMoreColt
  31. New England* (13-3) - chad72
  32. New York Giants* (9-7) - CCH

• Oakland -> New England: Joseph Barksdale and Taiwan Jones
  • Arizona -> Philadelphia: Kevin Kolb

The draft starts at 10 a.m. ET, March 2, 2012. So have your picks (and trades discussed & approved by commish) ready. I am hoping to do 5 minutes between picks (or faster if you guys get on a roll and know who you want), will try to stick to it as much as possible. If anyone wants to PM me their picks if they have something going on for a brief period of time, please do so. Otherwise, your pick will be made for you by the commish, chad72 :).

For trades: Outside your pick that you want to trade in round 1 or round 2, use trade picks beyond round 2 in this draft and future picks, so that you dont have to worry about infringing on another poster's draft picks since picks are not assigned based on teams (at least in this set up, you just have to work with it :).

See you all at 10 a.m. ET, on Friday. Each one should have a healthy 4 picks per round, about 4 GM hats to wear every round :).

I'm shopping that no. 2 pick...PM me with offers...will get back to you after I get off of work if I can't right away.

And thus, it has started, my friends :), lol

For trades: Outside your pick that you want to swap in round 1 or round 2, use trade picks beyond round 2 in this draft and future picks, so that you dont have to worry about infringing on another poster's draft picks since posters are not assigned teams (at least in this set up, you just have to work with it )

The other alternative is no trades :)

trading draft picks only?

Yeah. But you wont see a tangible benefit in this mock draft, just the bragging rights that you pulled off a trade. Let me explain.

BMoreColt has the Redskins pick in round 1 but not in round 2 in this mock draft. So, BMoreColt sends Flux Civilian a trade offer - swap of 2012 first rounders, 2013 first rounder and 2012 third rounder. Then (say) CCH sends Flux Civilian a trade offer - swap of 2012 first rounders, 2013 first rounder, 2012 third rounder and fourth rounder plus 2013 third rounder, and thus wins the trade.

Flux Civilian is not going to see the tangible benefit of that trade in this mock draft since posters are not assigned teams. But CCH wins the rights to that trade by outbidding the others and Flux Civilian has the right to determine who wins the trade war :).

Is that clear?

Cannot reproduce every aspect of a real draft in a mock draft, especially with trades. But this is as far as we can go.

Yeah. But you wont see a tangible benefit in this mock draft, just the bragging rights that you pulled off a trade. Let me explain.

BMoreColt has the Redskins pick in round 1 but not in round 2 in this mock draft. So, BMoreColt sends Flux Civilian a trade offer - swap of 2012 first rounders, 2013 first rounder and 2012 third rounder. Then (say) CCH sends Flux Civilian a trade offer - swap of 2012 first rounders, 2013 first rounder, 2012 third rounder and fourth rounder plus 2013 third rounder, and thus wins the trade.

Flux Civilian is not going to see the tangible benefit of that trade in this mock draft since posters are not assigned teams. But CCH wins the rights to that trade by outbidding the others and Flux Civilian has the right to determine who wins the trade war :).

Is that clear?

Cannot reproduce every aspect of a real draft in a mock draft, especially with trades. But this is as far as we can go.

Yep, gotcha.

I think y'all should mock based on current order, assuming no trades. Just my humble opinion. :-)

See my post above, you can only swap first or second round picks, and trade future round and future year picks in this mock draft. So, users who execute trades will have more bragging rights than draft picks in this mock draft.

My post above read:

Is that clear?

Are we posting in here?

No, I will start a new thread for it just before 1 p.m. ET

I know there are time limitations as to how late I can edit the list of draft picks selected if I want to keep it in one post. So, I will just periodically re-quote the list to keep it updated in the new thread.

Chad are their any trades known yet bro?

If you want to make a deal with someone, it is all up to you. Swapping of the same round picks, and future round picks (past round 2 in this mock) and future year picks are the only ones that can be done via this mock draft. We just simulate the intention of GMs, cannot simulate the actual draft picks gained.

My question was if say Cleveland traded up, and I have their #22 pick I keep that pick # just get whichever team it is right?

If you do not have a pick, you cannot trade it. That is the downside of posters not being assigned teams but we have to work with it. That is why I asked posters to use future round picks and future year picks for simulating trades other than the ones they swap in the same round.

Like I said in posts before, you get the bragging rights for pulling off a trade to simulate intent, just not the draft picks to show for it. :)

Am I being clear and on the same page as you are? Or do I confuse you?

If you do not have a pick, you cannot trade it. That is the downside of posters not being assigned teams but we have to work with it. That is why I asked posters to use future round picks and future year picks for simulating trades other than the ones they swap in the same round.

Like I said in posts before, you get the bragging rights for pulling off a trade to simulate intent, just not the draft picks to show for it. :)

Am I being clear and on the same page as you are? Or do I confuse you?

We all get the puck # we are assigned to regardless of team or trade? So I am 6, 14, 22, 30 both rounds no matter the team?

We all get the pick # we are assigned to regardless of team or trade? So I am 6, 14, 22, 30 both rounds no matter the team?

Let us say you trade pick No.6 for pick No.4 and 2012 3rd rounder, 2013 1st and 3rd rounder, your partner will be picking for you at No.4 and you for your trade partner will be picking at No.6. That is the only case where your pick number will technically change but you will still be picking for your trade partner at No.6 (swapping in a trade within same round, note other picks in trade example are all future picks since we are doing only 2 rounds in 2012). The other picks will remain the same unless you implement a trade for those too in similar fashion.

So, I think we are saying the same thing, are we? :)

Let us say you trade pick No.6 for pick No.4 and 2012 3rd rounder, 2013 1st and 3rd rounder, your partner will be picking for you at No.4 and you for your trade partner will be picking at No.6. That is the only case where your pick number will technically change but you will still be picking for your trade partner at No.6 (swapping in a trade within same round, note other picks in trade example are all future picks since we are doing only 2 rounds in 2012). The other picks will remain the same unless you implement a trade for those too in similar fashion.

So, I think we are saying the same thing, are we? :)

So in a trade, are we trading teams or pick #s...say I trade out of the second spot to another team...would I then become that team or would I continue to be the rams in the first round...sorry just want to be clear

So in a trade, are we trading teams or pick #s...say I trade out of the second spot to another team...would I then become that team or would I continue to be the rams in the first round...sorry just want to be clear

If you trade the Rams pick to (say) the Redskins, the Rams are picking for the Redskins, the Redskins are picking for the Rams.

So, essentially, like in a real trade, you still pick at the same spot but you pick for your trading partner. Your pick number where you pick does not change, trade or not, the team you pick for at that pick number will change only in the case of a trade.

Is that clear now?