Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Combine Pre-Pro Days Mock Draft - March 2, 2012, 10 A.m. Et

If you trade the Rams pick to (say) the Redskins, the Rams are picking for the Redskins, the Redskins are picking for the Rams.

So, essentially, like in a real trade, you still pick at the same spot but you pick for your trading partner. Your pick number where you pick does not change, trade or not, the team you pick for at that pick number will change only in the case of a trade.

Is that clear now?

ahh I see now thanks...well that makes things a bit easier on me haha

If you trade the Rams pick to (say) the Redskins, the Rams are picking for the Redskins, the Redskins are picking for the Rams.

So, essentially, like in a real trade, you still pick at the same spot but you pick for your trading partner. Your pick number where you pick does not change, trade or not, the team you pick for at that pick number will change only in the case of a trade.

Is that clear now?

Oic. I thought we stayed with our teams after a trade. Cuz Ive looked up and planned out picks that the Browns would want if I traded down, but havent put time into the redskins or dolphins or jags on their needs.

Oic. I thought we stayed with our teams after a trade. Cuz Ive looked up and planned out picks that the Browns would want if I traded down, but havent put time into the redskins or dolphins or jags on their needs.

You don't have to worry too much, your trading partner (Redskins or Dolphins or Jags) will tell you what he wants for his team. You tell your trading partner what you want if the Browns trade down (everything is based on player availability). That takes care of it from the Browns perspective and the trading team perspective, that is how real trades work.

I get it now. So so Far Chad, flux, Me, Dank are checked in

Peytonator, Blackhawk and CCH please check in

You don't have to, your trading partner will tell you what he wants. You tell your trading partner what you want if the Browns trade down. That takes care of it, that is how real trades work.

o ok. I got ya. I was thinkin that If I trade down I lost control of the Browns pick. Makes sense now.