Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Head coach hiring process - meetings, requests for interviews, etc vol.2

stitches

According to Edholm Ballard and Irsay are not on the same page in the coaching search:

People are speculating that Frazier is the guy Irsay wants(Rapoport reported that Irsay is a "big fan" of Frazier), while Ballard is leaning towards the other two. 

Reich is my first choice.  I didn't want Frazier, but if we go that route I think Frazier would be fine with a good QB in place. I think Fraziers time in Minnesota was highly influenced by the bad QB play.  I think he's got the intelligence and attention to detail that is needed.  I'm pretty sure he'd choose a West Coast Offense coordinator.  He had Bill Musgrave in Minnesota.  Don't know if he'd go with Darrell Bevell or somebody else.

There's some things about Dan Campbell that are attractive in my opinion when it comes to toughness, leadership and being able to communicate what he wants done. But I think our situation needs somebody with some experience.  We'll see what happens.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

I don't know what to think anymore. Some are saying ownership wants Frazier, others say Reich... I don't know what to believe. I guess we will see soon enough. 

since there's not much info coming out, speculation is running rampant. It's all they have.

Brad Wells whatever his word is worth is saying the same thing.

According to a report by Brad Wells, a source close to the situation says that the Colts head coach job belongs to Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator Frank Reich "if he wants it". Reich is scheduled to interview for the position tomorrow.

In addition, Wells says that the Irsay family that owns the Colts received advice on head coaching candidates from former quarterback Peyton Manning, who endorsed Reich.

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Report-Frank-Reich-will-be-Indianapolis-Colts-head-coach-if-he-wants-job-114895767

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Brad Wells whatever his word is worth is saying the same thing.

According to a report by Brad Wells, a source close to the situation says that the Colts head coach job belongs to Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator Frank Reich "if he wants it". Reich is scheduled to interview for the position tomorrow.

In addition, Wells says that the Irsay family that owns the Colts received advice on head coaching candidates from former quarterback Peyton Manning, who endorsed Reich.

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Report-Frank-Reich-will-be-Indianapolis-Colts-head-coach-if-he-wants-job-114895767

"if he wants it"  what's that supposed to mean?  He's interviewing and there's rumbling he might not want it.  He has to be convinced to take the job.  Ballard wants a guy " that's all in Colts".  Brad says it belongs to him implying why interview anyone else?  Just show up for the interview.  I think if he shows any sign of not being sure he wants the job or signs he's not all in he's in trouble.  He has to blow Ballard away IMO.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

"if he wants it"  what's that supposed to mean?  He's interviewing and there's rumbling he might not want it.  He has to be convinced to take the job.  Ballard wants a guy " that's all in Colts".  Brad says it belongs to him implying why interview anyone else?  Just show up for the interview.  I think if he shows any sign of not being sure he wants the job or signs he's not all in he's in trouble.  He has to blow Ballard away IMO.

Those are Wells words and whoever the heck his source is.  I doubt that's actually how Frank Reich views it.  It's kind of obvious he wants it or he wouldn't even show up.  He knows they know him well so he couldn't fake the funk if he wanted to.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

it's also Brad Wells too, so his word means about as much as mine on this.

6 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

No clue why this is a relevant comment.  Irsay did nothing to make McD not come here or even pick him.  Ballard picked him.  Where is this even coming from.....

What are you talking about???? I'm talking about irsay wanting to get frazier as our coach and we don't need that type of coach at all....irsay needs to chill and let ballard handle this

On 2/9/2018 at 8:22 PM, VaAllDay757 said:

What are you talking about???? I'm talking about irsay wanting to get frazier as our coach and we don't need that type of coach at all....irsay needs to chill and let ballard handle this

A Name being brought up during a coach search is what makes you think Irsay interfering? As the owner and just being burned by McD, the owner is probably going to throw a few names in the hat to get someone in that seat quickly.  Doesn't mean he is forcing Ballard to hire him.

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

A Name being brought up during a coach search is what makes you think Irsay interfering? As the owner and just being burned by McD, the owner is probably going to throw a few names in the hat to get someone in that seat quickly.  Doesn't mean he is forcing Ballard to hire him.

That was being reported thru the media and some of yall may not agree but irsay is not the same person he was before he messed up hiring grigs then giving grigs and chuck an extension which made no sense his press conference at the end of the season was very confusing he just need to sit back and relax

1 hour ago, VaAllDay757 said:

That was being reported thru the media and some of yall may not agree but irsay is not the same person he was before he messed up hiring grigs then giving grigs and chuck an extension which made no sense his press conference at the end of the season was very confusing he just need to sit back and relax

Now I agree with you there.  He has changed since the Polian days.  But he has always had some say in the coach.  He is actually the reason we interviewed Dungy.  Polian did not want him but respected Irsay just as Ballard probably does as well.  Irsay gets the terrible wrap for the personal side stuff but as an owner many talk highly of him.