Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qbs/rbs/wrs

IndyTrav

We need at least 2 of these guys, IMO QB, and WR.

For those watching, lets post in here what we see, and who we like after seeing them.

Just watched RG3 run a 4.41 in the 40. Looking at the guy, he's got a good cut/build to him. Looks a little small height wise.

Cant wait for WR.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know much about Michael Flloyd out of Notre Dame but boy did he 'look' good. Good size a bit over 6-2. 220lb but looks bigger. Big hands. Ran a 4.42 he looks like an nfl wr. Hakeem Nicks maybe a comparison? Any ND fans in here can tell me more about the guy?

Look at the 3-cone drill in combo with the 40 yard time for WRs.

Route running, understanding soft spots in zones, spatial awareness, reading coverages can mostly be determined with game film. Catching with the hands and not the body, hips being fluid, 3-cone and 20 yard shuttle drills are probably the most key ones for WRs in combine.

Wow, Michael Floyd 4.42. I'd take him over Blackmon.

Blackmon is way more quick than fast, much quicker into his routes than Floyd. Straight line speed is overrated, especially for those top wideouts. Quickness, more than straight line speed, ends up mattering in more routes at the NFL level. Explains Wes Welker's success as well.

WR that has impressed me the most - Stephen Hill (speed is one thing but his drills have been outstanding)

QBs that have impressed me the most - Kirk Cousins

QBs that were a letdown - Nick Foles, Case Keenum (Keenum has a feeble arm, he is a Chad Pennington at best). Talking about Chad Pennington, where the heck is Kellen Moore, who I think is a left handed version of Chad Pennington :).

WR that has impressed me the most - Stephen Hill (speed is one thing but his drills have been outstanding)

QBs that have impressed me the most - Kirk Cousins

QBs that were a letdown - Nick Foles, Case Keenum (Keenum has a feeble arm, he is a Chad Pennington at best). Talking about Chad Pennington, where the heck is Kellen Moore, who I think is a left handed version of Chad Pennington :).

I agree.

Another WR, who Im not ness. impressed with, but have seen some things I liked, i havent caught his name. He's a smaller guy out of Miami U, he's got dreads, he has had some drops, but watching him cut, and move up the field I was impressed with, looks to have Slot WR written all over him, but his cuts and burst looked really good.