Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Confess.....

NewColtsFan

24 minutes ago, Superman said:

Not to keep kicking a dead horse, but I was looking for this earlier today and couldn't find it. Just did, and want to post it so people can get a better understanding of why anyone thinks the Colts players might want to pay tribute to Chuck Pagano.

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/15490/colts-pat-mcafee-on-chuck-pagano-a-guy-you-want-to-work-for

By the way, I'm firmly on the side of replacing Pagano after this season. If it were up to me (and it's clearly not, never has been), I would have moved on after 2015. Nothing Pagano has done since then has changed my mind; in fact, I'm more convinced after two disappointing seasons. But he clearly has the respect and admiration of his players, and I think it's because he's a genuinely good dude. Just not good enough as a head football coach.

Exactly......and this is why the players always play hard for him. That says a lot.......besides he's not a "horrible" coach per se, he's just not who the Colts need to get to that next level.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about the carrying Pagano off the field on their shoulders part but the comments in this thread due to that are hilarious. :lol:

I am kinda torn on this game. It would be nice to win and end the season on an actual.......win. At the same time though I jokingly told my fiance and his friend back in September that if Luck didn't play this year I could see rock bottom happening and we go 3-13. So I am kinda wondering if I called that right and the 3 wins actually does happen. lmao Part of me wants to be right on the 3 wins and part of me thinks 4 wins sounds super much more cool!

Whats hilariously sad too is how the bottom fell out of the Colts and Texans this year and we have a final game of misery coming. haha It's almost fitting that we end the season against each other, NFL poetry.......

On 12/25/2017 at 2:25 PM, NewColtsFan said:

It's not going to happen...   my wish is a pipe dream...     

If the Colts win, the players will give Chuck the game ball --- that's all....

I am cool with that, he deserves something IMO for his time here and in a way if he is fired soon......it's the end of an actual era. We did have some high times with Pagano despite the low ones that came later. He's a good man and person, I hold nothing against him. And in a weird way I will miss him if this is the end. I mean I want us to do better, but I always say you can get worse at coach too so be careful.

I can not separate my self....the person....from my self, the fan. As a person, I appreciate and respect Coach Pagano for what he has given in efforts to make this team better. So even if he has made mistakes and is not the right coach for this team moving forward, I will not celebrate his leaving because that would lessen me, the person.

We all have our own path.  

On 12/26/2017 at 3:43 PM, NewColtsFan said:

This has been Pagano's staff for the last two years.    Roughly half the staff was fired two years ago and Pags picked the replacements.   Chud and Monachino and all the assistants are his guys.    And Ballard approved them.   Didn't make any changes.    So, for better and for worse, this is Chuck's staff...

My point overall is you can't entirely blame the HC when the GM approved them. BOTT just wants to argue with me or the sake of argument. I was simply making a comment in a thread, not starting a discussion. 

On 12/24/2017 at 3:35 PM, NewColtsFan said:

.....  Since we appear to have a shot at the 2nd overall pick,  there's 51 percent of me that won't be upset if we lose to Houston in the final game of the season.

I won't be rooting for a loss,   but I won't be upset if it happens.

That said....

There's also 49 percent of me that is hoping that the Colts beat the Texans, and when we do,  I'd love to see the team carry Pagano off the field on their shoulders.

I think that would be a nice way to say thanks, and goodbye.....

I'm not predicting that...    but I'd love to see it happen....

I suspect many here will disagree with me....    hey,  that's what makes the world go around....

One more week to go and a new world for Indianapolis will start....

We're locked in for the 3rd regardless, so it's very likely that we still get Chubb. The only thing that worries me is the fact that Cleveland has 2 top 4 picks, and could realistically take Chubb at #1 overall, and still get their QB at 4. Gotta think we'd trade back if that's how it ends up playing out.

9 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

We're locked in for the 3rd regardless, so it's very likely that we still get Chubb. The only thing that worries me is the fact that Cleveland has 2 top 4 picks, and could realistically take Chubb at #1 overall, and still get their QB at 4. Gotta think we'd trade back if that's how it ends up playing out.

I doubt Cleveland risks missing on their QB of choice by waiting until the 4th puck to take him.     That's a high stakes gamble for a team that's missed in the QB for roughly 20 years.

i think there's a better chance of taking the WB first and trading with the Colts to take Chubb 3rd overall.    We'd take the pick(s) and move back the one or two spots and then figure out what to do next?   Pick there or trade back a second time?  

Just a different perspective...    and it may depend on who Cleveland wants with their second pick?    Chubb or Barkley?   

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I doubt Cleveland risks missing on their QB of choice by waiting until the 4th puck to take him.     That's a high stakes gamble for a team that's missed in the QB for roughly 20 years.

i think there's a better chance of taking the WB first and trading with the Colts to take Chubb 3rd overall.    We'd take the pick(s) and move back the one or two spots and then figure out what to do next?   Pick there or trade back a second time?  

Just a different perspective...    and it may depend on who Cleveland wants with their second pick?    Chubb or Barkley?   

It all depends on which QBs actually declare for the draft, and how highly Dorsey rates them. He's no *, he's not just going to take a QB because that's what the fans want. I also don't see him drafting Josh Allen, and Rosen basically said he wants no part of the Browns, so that leaves Darnold or Lamar Jackson as the only 2 QBs that could garner a top 4 pick.

No matter what, a potential Ballard/Dorsey day 1 chess match is making this year's draft pretty exciting already.

8 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

My point overall is you can't entirely blame the HC when the GM approved them. BOTT just wants to argue with me or the sake of argument. I was simply making a comment in a thread, not starting a discussion. 

No im not. You want to place blame on a GM because he has rubber stamp approval of his coaching hires.  Hell, blame Irsay for everything then....

On 12/24/2017 at 5:35 PM, NewColtsFan said:

.....  Since we appear to have a shot at the 2nd overall pick,  there's 51 percent of me that won't be upset if we lose to Houston in the final game of the season.

I won't be rooting for a loss,   but I won't be upset if it happens.

That said....

There's also 49 percent of me that is hoping that the Colts beat the Texans, and when we do,  I'd love to see the team carry Pagano off the field on their shoulders.

I think that would be a nice way to say thanks, and goodbye.....

I'm not predicting that...    but I'd love to see it happen....

I suspect many here will disagree with me....    hey,  that's what makes the world go around....

One more week to go and a new world for Indianapolis will start....

That sounds very depressing. Hope for the best.

6 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It all depends on which QBs actually declare for the draft, and how highly Dorsey rates them. He's no *, he's not just going to take a QB because that's what the fans want. I also don't see him drafting Josh Allen, and Rosen basically said he wants no part of the Browns, so that leaves Darnold or Lamar Jackson as the only 2 QBs that could garner a top 4 pick.

No matter what, a potential Ballard/Dorsey day 1 chess match is making this year's draft pretty exciting already.

Not sure what and where you are reading about Jackson being drafted in the top-5...?

My reading of him shows he's more likely to get picked in the top-5 of R2 or R3 or even R4....     I read recently that some teams who are not convinced of his skill at QB will want Jackson to work out at WR as well at the combine and pro days.

I'm not saying he's got no shot of going in the first round...   but top 5?    I don't think so...    but hey,  it only takes one team to fall in love with you.

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not sure what and where you are reading about Jackson being drafted in the top-5...?

My reading of him shows he's more likely to get picked in the top-5 of R2 or R3 or even R4....     I read recently that some teams who are not convinced of his skill at QB will want Jackson to work out at WR as well at the combine and pro days.

I'm not saying he's got no shot of going in the first round...   but top 5?    I don't think so...    but hey,  it only takes one team to fall in love with you.

I don't think Jackson will go top 5, I just think that Dorsey won't use a top pick on any of the other guys because they're really not that good.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I don't think Jackson will go top 5, I just think that Dorsey won't use a top pick on any of the other guys because they're really not that good.

Assuming they both come out, I think Dorsey's draft could be their choice of QB and Barkley, or maybe Chubb if they prefer. (Might need a trade on that pick to make it happen...)

That would be a great draft day for Cleveland..  

49 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Assuming they both come out, I think Dorsey's draft could be their choice of QB and Barkley, or maybe Chubb if they prefer. (Might need a trade on that pick to make it happen...)

That would be a great draft day for Cleveland..  

It'd be just like the movie "Draft Day" with Kevin Costner.

4 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

That's what the Browns have thought in the past and they missed out on some quality quarterbacks.  If Rosen comes out and doesn't have a problem playing for the Browns, I would be shocked if he didn't go #1.

11 minutes ago, BOTT said:

That's what the Browns have thought in the past and they missed out on some quality quarterbacks.  If Rosen comes out and doesn't have a problem playing for the Browns, I would be shocked if he didn't go #1.

Rosen pretty much said that he'd prefer being drafted by "a more stable franchise like the Giants." At least that's what was reported. If I'm Cleveland and think that there's any truth to that whatsoever, I'm not touching him. Why waste a #1 overall pick on a guy that wants nothing to do with your franchise?

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Rosen pretty much said that he'd prefer being drafted by "a more stable franchise like the Giants." At least that's what was reported. If I'm Cleveland and think that there's any truth to that whatsoever, I'm not touching him. Why waste a #1 overall pick on a guy that wants nothing to do with your franchise?

The Browns should dump Hue Jackson.  They just hired a legit GM and allowing him to bring in his own guy would be a better presentation to prospects if nothing else.

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

The Browns should dump Hue Jackson.  They just hired a legit GM and allowing him to bring in his own guy would be a better presentation to prospects if nothing else.

I've read a couple articles suggesting that Cincinnati is going to allow Marvin Lewis to take on a GM type role, and that his HC candidate would be Hue Jackson assuming Cleveland lets him go.

43 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I've read a couple articles suggesting that Cincinnati is going to allow Marvin Lewis to take on a GM type role, and that his HC candidate would be Hue Jackson assuming Cleveland lets him go.

Boy, that should get the Bengals fans excited....