Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zach Miller emergency surgery to save leg

ColtsBlueFL

Did anybody see Zach Miller's injury on the TV broadcast, or live?

Here is the news on Z. Miller, TE of the Bears.  He suffered an injury much like Teddy Bridgewater did... except the fears for Bridgewater (arterial and/or nerve damage) did not materialize.  Unfortunately for Zach, this was not the case and suffered aterial damage and will face many surgeries because of it.  There is also a chance he could suffer nerve damage (not unlike Jaylon Smith) along with needing many ortho surgeries (including ligament repairs down the road) to recover.

I wish him the best throughout his rough upcoming ordeal.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-zach-miller-surgery-artery-knee-1030-story.html

7 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Zach Miller was drafted by the Jaguars. None of his injuries in Jacksonville were like this one. He was much better as a Bear than a Jaguar.

I read about it. Terrible news. Zach Miller's top concern now is not having the leg amputated.

7 hours ago, Nadine said:

How long before they know that the vein restoration worked?

Scary stuff

Like Bridgewater, the ATC/medical team was incredibly sharp about the condition, and got him the emergent medical treatment/transport he needed.  It is to stabilize and get him in to the hospital / O.R. and repair/reconstruct the vasculature ASAP.  I know that  they all shoot for ASAP, but less than 6 hours most certainly is preferred; but the ealier the better.  They can feel / measure pulses in the Dorsalis Pedis and Posterial Tibial arteries, either by palpation or doppler to know blood flow is here.  Then monitor while they heal.

There are many other surgeries to follow for him, but they are on the back burner... for now.

8 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Like Bridgewater, the ATC/medical team was incredibly sharp about the condition, and got him the emergent medical treatment/transport he needed. 

I am thankful for that. Teddy will be activated by Wednesday, November 8th. He was fortunate not to have arterial or nerve damage. 

I saw when Miller's injury happened. It looked bad and I looked away. Thankfully the doctors were able to save his leg. I wish him the best for a full recovery.

On 10/30/2017 at 12:07 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Did anybody see Zach Miller's injury on the TV broadcast, or live?

Here is the news on Z. Miller, TE of the Bears.  He suffered an injury much like Teddy Bridgewater did... except the fears for Bridgewater (arterial and/or nerve damage) did not materialize.  Unfortunately for Zach, this was not the case and suffered aterial damage and will face many surgeries because of it.  There is also a chance he could suffer nerve damage (not unlike Jaylon Smith) along with needing many ortho surgeries (including ligament repairs down the road) to recover.

I wish him the best throughout his rough upcoming ordeal.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-zach-miller-surgery-artery-knee-1030-story.html

Sad to hear.  He'll never play again too.

On 10/31/2017 at 6:52 AM, NFLfan said:

I am thankful for that. Teddy will be activated by Wednesday, November 8th. He was fortunate not to have arterial or nerve damage. 

I saw when Miller's injury happened. It looked bad and I looked away. Thankfully the doctors were able to save his leg. I wish him the best for a full recovery.

I wish him the best as well. I hope has a good quality of life left for him, with or without football, that is far more important when it is all said and done.