Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Good Analysis Of Peyton's 9-10 Playoff Record

chad72

Coffee STILL DOGGING DEVAN???????????
No, dogging Devan would be mentioning his bad play in a topic or post where the mention of his name is not relevant. That play it was relevant to mention him.

Also do you still want to talk about how great he was? I do remember you talking about how quickly the Eagles signed him and that meant he was good... yet he lasted 5 weeks with the Eagles and then was not on an NFL roster for the rest of the season. How could that possibly happen to such a good guard?

The fact that the Brady won 3 SB's to Peyton's 1 and the better playoff record is what Patriot fans always want to use as the reason Brady has been the better QB. My question to them is "Who is the better QB, the guy who played QB for New England from 2001-2005 or the guy who has played QB for NE from 2006-2011?". Obviously, they concede Brady is better now than he was when they won those SB's. So if that is the case, how can TEAM playoff success be the measuring stick for how good a QB is?

2002 Jets, 2003 Pats, 2004 Pats, 2009 Saints. I know he has played bad in some wins too.

But on the flip side he has some brilliant games. .his perfect QB rating against the Broncos was mind blowing. Only one other QB has ever had a perfect QB rating in the playoffs. Many times the stats dont show it either. 2006 AFCCG for example.

How was he responsible for the loss to the Saints? Are you going to point to the pick 6? Really? A dropped pass, a failed onside recovery, and a WR screen where Collie turns the wrong way kept the Colts from BLOWING OUT the Saints. Manning would have had over 400 yards, and we'd be talking about one of the top 3 performances in Super Bowl history. Oh yeah, and how often did we get to Brees? Or even both him? Or even get between his passes and his receivers? Didn't we go something like 14:00 consecutively without seeing the ball on offense?

Excellent link. Should be pinned on page 1.

This should be therapeutic reading for all who have difficulty accepting how Indy has won/lost with all of the chips on the table over the past 14 years, most particularly when compared to dominant postseason franchises vs. beating up on a weak expansion division = merely how you get there. A tough out is still an out no matter how you cut it, and 19 opportunities is a good cross-sectional. Attributes for winning vs. shortcomings (not excuses) for losing.

Hopefully, the history light shows Colts fans why a shift was needed and helps answer timing questions.

How was he responsible for the loss to the Saints? Are you going to point to the pick 6? Really? A dropped pass, a failed onside recovery, and a WR screen where Collie turns the wrong way kept the Colts from BLOWING OUT the Saints. Manning would have had over 400 yards, and we'd be talking about one of the top 3 performances in Super Bowl history. Oh yeah, and how often did we get to Brees? Or even both him? Or even get between his passes and his receivers? Didn't we go something like 14:00 consecutively without seeing the ball on offense?

Yes im going to point to the pick 6. Had Manning not thrown the pick 6, the game could have had a different outcome. And woulda coulda shoulda is nice but doesn't work here. If Brady threw a pick 6 in the SB no matter what the circumstances, everyone would be all over him. Just because its Peyton Manning doesn't mean he is exempt from being criticized. It was both a poor route and a poor throw.

Yes im going to point to the pick 6. Had Manning not thrown the pick 6, the game could have had a different outcome. And woulda coulda shoulda is nice but doesn't work here. If Brady threw a pick 6 in the SB no matter what the circumstances, everyone would be all over him. Just because its Peyton Manning doesn't mean he is exempt from being criticized. It was both a poor route and a poor throw.

If that's what you want to pin that game on then pin it on Reggie Wayne and his poor route. If he had been where he should have the worst case scenario is an incomplete pass.

If that's what you want to pin that game on then pin it on Reggie Wayne and his poor route. If he had been where he should have the worst case scenario is an incomplete pass.

Like I said poor route and poor throw

His eyes never left Wayne and Porter read it beautifully

Like I said poor route and poor throw

His eyes never left Wayne and Porter read it beautifully

The throw was where it was supposed to be for the route that he was running. He just wasn't there. Porter made a good play but he also got Lucky that Wayne wasn't running the combo route(in and up) off of that action. Then he would have guessed wrong.

The throw was where it was supposed to be for the route that he was running. He just wasn't there. Porter made a good play but he also got Lucky that Wayne wasn't running the combo route(in and up) off of that action. Then he would have guessed wrong.

Manning was locked in on Wayne the entire time and Porter knew it. Manning should have not thrown it. This is the problem I have with a lot of fellow Colts fans and I see it all the time. God forbid Manning throws one crucial interception and its Mannings fault! Watching the video over and over Porter was sitting there just waiting for it and Manning should have not made that throw.

I do agree to an extent it was not Reggie's best route but you make it sound like Manning was not at fault at all. Reggie was a non factor up to that point and Porter did a great job.

oh yea....HATERS WILL HATE!

I'm gonna start calling you guys the "Luck Hypocrisy"

The reason why PMs record in the playoffs is so bad is because we are a bad team in a bad division. Always have been. As PM has said, once you get to the Playoffs, you're only 2 games from the SB.

All they had to do is win their division before they started playing GOOD teams. Thus the mediocre record.

You can thank PM for the fact that this team was even in the playoffs as much as they were - let a lone on National TV.

Manning was locked in on Wayne the entire time and Porter knew it. Manning should have not thrown it. This is the problem I have with a lot of fellow Colts fans and I see it all the time. God forbid Manning throws one crucial interception and its Mannings fault! Watching the video over and over Porter was sitting there just waiting for it and Manning should have not made that throw.

I do agree to an extent it was not Reggie's best route but you make it sound like Manning was not at fault at all. Reggie was a non factor up to that point and Porter did a great job.

IF you have to put 100% of the blame on someone it goes to Reggie. If you divided it accurately 60% reggie 20% Manning and 20% to Porter.

Again Porter got lucky it wasn't the combo route off of it or it's 6 points. Manning was locked in because he didn't have Brady time back there.

I could keep going but I would only be wasting my time. I don't care to do that.. Good day.

oh yea....HATERS WILL HATE!

I'm gonna start calling you guys the "Luck Hypocrisy"

The reason why PMs record in the playoffs is so bad is because we are a bad team in a bad division. Always have been. As PM has said, once you get to the Playoffs, you're only 2 games from the SB.

All they had to do is win their division before they started playing GOOD teams. Thus the mediocre record.

You can thank PM for the fact that this team was even in the playoffs as much as they were - let a lone on National TV.

I didnt say anything about Manning being bad. I actually think he is a GREAT quarterback in the post season. He was just stuck with a mediocre defense and special teams for the majority of his career. I just don't like seeing certain things twisted in ways to make it look like its not Mannings fault LIKE the pick 6 in the Super Bowl.

You know what I took out of Super Bowl 44? The only person you can't blame for the loss was Pat McAfee. Everyone else INCLUDING Peyton can share a little bit in the blame for us losing the game. With that said if people are trying to put all the blame for that loss on Manning's shoulders that's a mistake as well. No one single play cost us that game. There were several mistakes during the course of the game that ended up costing us the game. You can point to any number of plays in that game that had they gone differently we would have won. We just didn't bring our A game that day and the Saints were the better team that day as a result. Again unless you are named Pat McAfee everyone who was on the team can shoulder some weight for that loss.

The Dolphin loss..... thanks for nothing Vandy..

03-04 The Pats were just better...

05 This game literally made me just sick for a week following. I won't even go into the 'blown" chances Indy had.

The Chargers, they have just had Indy's number.... And Sproles against our woeful ST's didn't help.

The Saint SB loss.... sigh... see 05, Garcon's drop was huge in the first half... as big as the Hank onside drop.

And 2010.... the TO.....

Crap like a PR muffing 2 punts just didn't happen too Indy the last decade. The Colts had to play "at their very best" to win.