Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 NCAA Basketball


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Wouldn't mind seeing the Pacers draft Haas. A big physical big man is one thing the team needs, and Haas fits that bill.

Way to slow of foot. IU showed he can be exploited guarding guys in space. I’m sure he will be on a roster somewhere but he isn’t even an elite defender. Shoots nice free throws and has a good low post game but the new NBA he wouldn’t last. He would have to guard out to 3 pt line and he can’t do that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

To do a job last key that you need to know them 

 

  The same way teachers need to know their students names

Of course...under the pressure in front of people and probably a young person I am just saying I can understand it. Avid sports fans would know where he is from but I imagine the kid grad student doing the mc probably hasn’t a clue. I agree though...kid has been playing against us what 12 years j/k you would think you would know lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This Trae Young kid is going to be special. This is like the 7-8th game I’ve watched of his. Mini Steph Curry....and making beautiful passes. I mean 60 foot dimes and 30’ 3s. I would love the Pacers to somehow get him but he won’t make it that long.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, dgambill said:

This Trae Young kid is going to be special. This is like the 7-8th game I’ve watched of his. Mini Steph Curry....and making beautiful passes. I mean 60 foot dimes and 30’ 3s. I would love the Pacers to somehow get him but he won’t make it that long.

Yup hes the real deal. Definitely looks like Curry 2.0. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely. Last two losses have only been by a few points in the last seconds of the game. They have to figure out how to stay ahead once they build a good lead....lets see if they can clean some stuff up and get back to winning before the tournament comes around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

Definitely. Last two losses have only been by a few points in the last seconds of the game. They have to figure out how to stay ahead once they build a good lead....lets see if they can clean some stuff up and get back to winning before the tournament comes around. 

Yeah 2 tough losses but Purdue is still a Very Good team. They have as good a chance to make the Final 4 as anyone IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:46 AM, RockThatBlue said:

I don't see Kentucky making a tourney run this year. The team is just way too young. I think for once we will have several players return for next year though.

Do you really? I think two or three go....maybe more....now with the G-League they can get paid (not on visa card lol) and still work on their game. I'm not sure what Cal will have locked up coming in but typically if they want a chance to get better they will have to move on to the NBA or transfer (which I think might happen to a couple). Problem is UK keeps bringing in 5 star recruits...promising to get them to the league...playing time etc....well you can't have older guys plugging up the pipeline. Plus it doesn't help their image playing older guys over freshman. I think Cal will try to get a couple to stay to help fill holes in his roster but I think the majority move on. Besides...unless they grow a heart who would you even WANT to stay from that team. I don't see the effort level from hardly any of them. Usually Cal gets them to buying in that playing hard for the name on the front will reward the one on the back...those kids I don't think are buying into that. Worst team I've seen from Cal....yeah even worse than the NIT one when it comes to effort. You may be correct though....but there will need to be an attitude adjustment. They are very talented though....a dangerous team that I wouldn't want to face in the tournament as they will probably be like an 8 seed like a couple years ago. 1 Seed better hope they get sent out west because I wouldn't want to face them if they get BBN there to cheer them on...might see a sweet 16 out of them....just you wait. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, GOZER said:

Definitely. Last two losses have only been by a few points in the last seconds of the game. They have to figure out how to stay ahead once they build a good lead....lets see if they can clean some stuff up and get back to winning before the tournament comes around. 

If Edwards doesn't turn it around I fear maybe Sweet 16.....but I have a hard time seeing a NC. Haas is a load but there are teams with athleticism to guard your perimeter players and just let Haas get his....or if he gets into foul trouble (see this more in tournament typically) you got some guys that need to step up big...and are just not doing it. Teams get into your bench outside of Harms for limited minutes you will be hurting. Its a tough veteran team but this is a big year...not many dominant teams its wide open....I don't know when else you would get the recruits or have things line up like this again. I'm rooting for you (as long as your not playing IU) but it just looks like your running out of gas or this team has hit its peak...and is just limited talent wise to what it is. Still have a shot at BIG Ten Championship though. Maybe its the big ten schedule this year...heard it was a grind...lot of teams worn out. Maybe a week off before the tourney will boost ya.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Do you really? I think two or three go....maybe more....now with the G-League they can get paid (not on visa card lol) and still work on their game. I'm not sure what Cal will have locked up coming in but typically if they want a chance to get better they will have to move on to the NBA or transfer (which I think might happen to a couple). Problem is UK keeps bringing in 5 star recruits...promising to get them to the league...playing time etc....well you can't have older guys plugging up the pipeline. Plus it doesn't help their image playing older guys over freshman. I think Cal will try to get a couple to stay to help fill holes in his roster but I think the majority move on. Besides...unless they grow a heart who would you even WANT to stay from that team. I don't see the effort level from hardly any of them. Usually Cal gets them to buying in that playing hard for the name on the front will reward the one on the back...those kids I don't think are buying into that. Worst team I've seen from Cal....yeah even worse than the NIT one when it comes to effort. You may be correct though....but there will need to be an attitude adjustment. They are very talented though....a dangerous team that I wouldn't want to face in the tournament as they will probably be like an 8 seed like a couple years ago. 1 Seed better hope they get sent out west because I wouldn't want to face them if they get BBN there to cheer them on...might see a sweet 16 out of them....just you wait. 

Good post bud. I think Knox is the only NBA ready player, and even he can score 35 one game, and the very next game he may score 6. Hes the Paul George of college haha but he has a bunch of potential. Alexander may be a late first round pick. He is arguably our most consistent player. I almost feel sorry for him because he is a good PG on a team that has hardly any good shooters. Usually Cal has teams buying in by now but I think the team has too many "me first" guys on it. 

 

And you are right though, you never know what can happen in the tournament. In 2014 the Cats looked pretty bad at times and made a crazy run to the championship game. I'm not 100% fully counting them out, but this team has so many problems. Not enough good shooters plus just pitiful efforts on defense. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

If Edwards doesn't turn it around I fear maybe Sweet 16.....but I have a hard time seeing a NC. Haas is a load but there are teams with athleticism to guard your perimeter players and just let Haas get his....or if he gets into foul trouble (see this more in tournament typically) you got some guys that need to step up big...and are just not doing it. Teams get into your bench outside of Harms for limited minutes you will be hurting. Its a tough veteran team but this is a big year...not many dominant teams its wide open....I don't know when else you would get the recruits or have things line up like this again. I'm rooting for you (as long as your not playing IU) but it just looks like your running out of gas or this team has hit its peak...and is just limited talent wise to what it is. Still have a shot at BIG Ten Championship though. Maybe its the big ten schedule this year...heard it was a grind...lot of teams worn out. Maybe a week off before the tourney will boost ya.

Completely agree, seems like teams have figured out if they take away the perimeter sharpshooters then Purdue seems to struggle. Ward gave Haas some fits for sure. Really hope they haven’t peaked....time will tell. We’ll see how they play at Wisconsin, and against Penn State on Sunday, hopefully a win because I’ll be there watching!!!!:rock:

 

This is pretty cool.....

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hammerandrails.com/platform/amp/2018/2/13/17009494/kobe-bryant-picks-purdue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Good post bud. I think Knox is the only NBA ready player, and even he can score 35 one game, and the very next game he may score 6. Hes the Paul George of college haha but he has a bunch of potential. Alexander may be a late first round pick. He is arguably our most consistent player. I almost feel sorry for him because he is a good PG on a team that has hardly any good shooters. Usually Cal has teams buying in by now but I think the team has too many "me first" guys on it. 

 

And you are right though, you never know what can happen in the tournament. In 2014 the Cats looked pretty bad at times and made a crazy run to the championship game. I'm not 100% fully counting them out, but this team has so many problems. Not enough good shooters plus just pitiful efforts on defense. 

Diallo is definitely gone...almost left last year he isn’t waiting longer on getting that big paycheck. Agree on your other two. Richards and Vanderbilt I think are possibilities as second rd prospects. I wouldn’t be surprised to see those 5 go...hard to tell what kind position they may go but if they are told top 60 I think they go. I feel that way...these guys went to UK for one reason and that was to get to the NBA...so I think they will go if they get the opportunity. They sure didn’t go to UK to dive on the floor, help on defense, hit the boards and do the small things to help Kentucky win because this team is a shell of what most kids that play at UK play like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Completely agree, seems like teams have figured out if they take away the perimeter sharpshooters then Purdue seems to struggle. Ward gave Haas some fits for sure. Really hope they haven’t peaked....time will tell. We’ll see how they play at Wisconsin, and against Penn State on Sunday, hopefully a win because I’ll be there watching!!!!:rock:

 

This is pretty cool.....

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hammerandrails.com/platform/amp/2018/2/13/17009494/kobe-bryant-picks-purdue

Well if you lose to Wisconsin that would really mean something is wrong. Penn state has some good guards and will make a good game of it but being at Mackey you should be ok. Maybe IU will help you out and beat OSU...we need a signature win desperately. Plus it would shut up Dackich.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont know if any of you follow Missouri Valley Conference, but so far this year its been a lot better than years past. It seems that there has been a lot more dog fights in conference games. When tournament time comes, keep an eye on who comes from the conference they may make a splash as a surprise since there is no Wichita State and Creighton anymore

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I dont know if any of you follow Missouri Valley Conference, but so far this year its been a lot better than years past. It seems that there has been a lot more dog fights in conference games. When tournament time comes, keep an eye on who comes from the conference they may make a splash as a surprise since there is no Wichita State and Creighton anymore

I live 25 miles and my Dad is an Athletic alum of UE

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I'm currently at Missouri State. It has been a very surprising season in the Valley

I wanted to follow my Dad to UE and work with the football Program(My Dad played for the Purple Aces) but UE dropped football and more importantly gave me only one of the multiple scholarships I qualified for so I went to University of Southern Indiana and worked with the Princeton Community Tiger Football Program

 

  so I went from being a Purple Ace to being a Screaming Eagle and experiencing one top NCAA DII progams in MBB and WBB 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...