Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 NCAA Basketball

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

They have looked good this week..that said Tennessee was much better than you guys all year long. They beat you twice and that game today was down to the wire. You guys finished 4th in your conference....Tennessee finished tied for 1st. They also had a better non-conference win by beating Purdue who was basically a top 5 team. Nothing wrong with them being seeded ahead of you. They had better road splits and equal neutral site splits and better conference record. While I think you guys are hitting your stride at the right time the seeding was fine. It was where they sent you that sucks. Everyone I hear is ticked because nobody wants to go to Idaho....including Cal from his complaining. It's a tough draw to send you out west like that but seems there were some other loaded brackets too with Duke, Michigan St., and Kansas all together but it is what it is I guess. I just wouldn't complain about Tennessee getting a better seed. They earned it....they are a good team..just like you guys.

Oh I agree Tennessee is a great team possibly capable of a final 4 run. I just think a 5 seed is a seed or two too low. Hell UNC has the same record as us and they got a 2 seed.

I just think the seeding process doesn't make sense sometimes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Oh I agree Tennessee is a great team possibly capable of a final 4 run. I just think a 5 seed is a seed or two too low. Hell UNC has the same record as us and they got a 2 seed.

I just think the seeding process doesn't make sense sometimes. 

Oh gotcha...yeah don’t get me started on UNC...personally I thought you both deserved 4 seeds but that is the ACC effect and their wins over Duke. Yeah can’t argue they are over seeded...I mean Wofford?? That’s a bad bad loss at home. Their conference was loaded with a lot of tier 1 opponents so that helped them. Both you guys had a streak there after January that you were almost bubble teams...but both of you are trending up. They got a huge bump from that Duke win...agreed over seeded.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The women’s team got in with only 16 wins

Wow...the women’s tourney I think is even worse when it comes about who puts butts in seats. Honestly there is like 4 teams that can win it all...but yeah that’s pretty bad. 

The problem with Women's Basketball is, is Connecticut. They are so much better than everyone that it isn't fair. I know they lost last season but not until the Final 4 and it was at the buzzer. I bet they win every game by more than 10 points this season in the Tourney.

-Regarding the Men's Basketball, I haven't made my pick yet to who I think will win it all. I do think Purdue and Michigan and Michigan St all could go deep. The Big10 is well represented.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The problem with Women's Basketball is, is Connecticut. They are so much better than everyone that it isn't fair. I know they lost last season but not until the Final 4 and it was at the buzzer. I bet they win every game by more than 10 points this season in the Tourney.

-Regarding the Men's Basketball, I haven't made my pick yet to who I think will win it all. I do think Purdue and Michigan and Michigan St all could go deep. The Big10 is well represented.

UConn is not the end all anymore but I am partial to a certain team

I have 5 brackets so far. I also have a pretty cool website for you guys to check out; it helps for calculating upsets if you have a hard time choosing those:

mcubed.net

Once in the site, look at the horizontal bar for categories and select NCAA Hoops. It is 5 over from the Home button. 

On the next screen look to the far right, go down to Seed Records. Select it and you get an overall tournament record of n# seeds. Upsets will be in the lower seeded team vs the higher seeded team. 

Also, we should have a Colts Forum March Madness bracket! That would be a lot of fun to do with you guys!

@PrincetonTiger

@dgambill

@2006Coltsbestever

@RockThatBlue

tagged some people that were in this topic just to get feedback, possibly start a custom group on ESPN TC app. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I have 5 brackets so far. I also have a pretty cool website for you guys to check out; it helps for calculating upsets if you have a hard time choosing those:

mcubed.net

Once in the site, look at the horizontal bar for categories and select NCAA Hoops. It is 5 over from the Home button. 

On the next screen look to the far right, go down to Seed Records. Select it and you get an overall tournament record of n# seeds. Upsets will be in the lower seeded team vs the higher seeded team. 

Also, we should have a Colts Forum March Madness bracket! That would be a lot of fun to do with you guys!

@PrincetonTiger

@dgambill

@2006Coltsbestever

@RockThatBlue

tagged some people that were in this topic just to get feedback, possibly start a custom group on ESPN TC app. 

Thanks but I get to partial to make a good one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

mcubed.net

@PrincetonTiger

@dgambill

@2006Coltsbestever

@RockThatBlue

I will have my Final 4 done by this afternoon and who I think will win it all. Still not sure yet. I am working on it now. I usually just do 1 Brackett and just state on here who have predicted. I do the same one where I work and just roll with it.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will have my Final 4 done by this afternoon and who I think will win it all. Still not sure yet. I am working on it now. I usually just do 1 Brackett and just state on here who have predicted. I do the same one where I work and just roll with it.

I’ll probably put my elite 8 on here all the way to the championship, then guess a final score. I have fun with it :D

i think Wichita has a good chance to win, they are the lowest seed winners I have so far. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I’ll probably put my elite 8 on here all the way to the championship, then guess a final score. I have fun with it :D

i think Wichita has a good chance to win, they are the lowest seed winners I have so far. 

Yeah I will list my Final 8 on here in a little while and pick my Champion and the score.

Elite Eight

East

4 Wichita St

2 Purdue

South

1 UVA

2 Tennessee

West

1 Xavier

2 UNC

Midwest

1 Kansas

3 Michigan State

———————————

Final Four

1 UVA vs 2 UNC

4 Wichita State vs 1 Kansas

———————————

Championship Game

1 UVA vs 4 Wichita St. 

Winner: Wichita St. 

Score: 68-65

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am going out on a limb a bit but my Final 4 is:

-Kentucky vs Michigan, Purdue vs Kansas

-Michigan over Kentucky, Kansas over Purdue

-Kansas over Michigan 72-70 = Kansas will be your Champion!

I’ve had friends tell me Kansas isn’t that good this year, said they shouldn’t have seeded 1. I see it though, anything can happen, especially this year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Elite Eight

East

4 Wichita St

2 Purdue

South

1 UVA

2 Tennessee

West

1 Xavier

2 UNC

Midwest

1 Kansas

3 Michigan State

———————————

Final Four

1 UVA vs 2 UNC

4 Wichita State vs 1 Kansas

———————————

Championship Game

1 UVA vs 4 Wichita St. 

Winner: Wichita St. 

Score: 68-65

Yeah you have Purdue and Kansas going deep like me. Kentucky is my sleeper team as a 5 seed. They looked good vs Tennessee on Sunday. I really like Michigan as well. I heard that Kansas's Center is getting near 100%, that guy is a monster. Along with their Guard play (Graham) and him, I think they will be a real tough out.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am going out on a limb a bit but my Final 4 is:

-Kentucky vs Michigan, Purdue vs Kansas

-Michigan over Kentucky, Kansas over Purdue

-Kansas over Michigan 72-70 = Kansas will be your Champion!

Sorry Gozer but I still have Purdue making the Final 4. I hope they win it all but not sure. Kentucky is my sleeper to make it that far. They looked great against Tennessee and Calipari is always dangerous in the Tourney.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sorry Gozer but I still have Purdue making the Final 4. I hope they win it all but not sure. Kentucky is my sleeper to make it that far. They looked great against Tennessee and Calipari is always dangerous in the Tourney.

It’s all good Bud I was just messing around.....obviously would love for them to win it all, but getting to the final four would be great! Hopefully the extended rest gets them back to early season form.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GOZER said:

It’s all good Bud I was just messing around.....obviously would love for them to win it all, but getting to the final four would be great! Hopefully the extended rest gets them back to early season form.

Yeah they may do it. I am rooting for them. They have as good as chance as anyone IMO.

• Like 1

Kansas is being cautious and they aren't even hardly playing Azubuike, making sure his knee gets better. Without him Kansas interior Defense is Average, with him it's Great. Penn hanging tough, Kansas still up 4. Graham is tough. Penn doesn't look like a 16 Seed to me, they have Good Big's and Good 3 point shooters.