Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Beth Mowin's Calling The Game Yestrday

King Colt

1 minute ago, ColtsSouljah said:

I didn't think it was very good that she was still calling the teams by the wrong name in the 4th quarter...

On a different note, I'm not sure what is a good way to quantify these things, but she is way up there with NFL tv announcers whom I don't find to have a good voice for announcing.

That is quantitative and chages from person to person

As I said earlier I tend to like those kind of announcers because I have many of the same quirks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought both sounded kinda amateurish if you will. Definitely not refined in their coverage...didn't have those nuggets of insight (you could tell they weren't familiar with the players and teams imo)...but a lot of that is probably due to the fact they probably do more college football perhaps?? I don't have any issues with her voice...its a bit muddy but as the game went on it didn't grate me I actually got used to it. For first game I'd say it was a C. Mostly forgettable and yes mistakes with players and saying NCAA etc but people got to start out somewhere. I think given more time and chances she will improve. I don't think being paired up with Jay was good for her....I think having a more polished veteran would have helped the call...as it stood she did just as much carrying the broadcast as he. Overall I won't mind her calling another game but would benefit from a better co-announcer. Good luck to her in her career....not going to lie I am very jealous!

23 hours ago, Superman said:

More to the point, I don't like Beth Mowins' voice or the way she talks, so I didn't enjoy listening to her call the game. And I could be nitpicky about some of the things she said wrong (NCAA instead of NFL, she referred to Brissett as Kizer at least once, etc.), but every announcer gets stuff wrong from time to time. I think Feeley maybe held back from correcting her on air, or maybe he didn't notice... 

Boy! That squawky, scratchy voice of hers was about like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard. She also had a habit of calling players by their first names, and when it came to Browns players I was lost -- "Nice tackle by Freddy..." Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. Freddy who, lady? If we get her on the tube again I think I'll just hit the SAP button and listen to the commentary in Spanish. It couldn't be any worse than listening to her screeching again. 

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Not so many of us are old enough to have had the pleasure of listening to Mr. Cosell.  :^)

He wouldn't last ten minutes in todays broad casting. There are so many butt hurt people just looking for a reason to be offended. The political correctness has gotten to the point It has become impossible to even make any comment without making someone mad. This whole country is full of cry babies who whine their whole life away.