Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Delvin Breaux Being Shopped

krunk

saints-35.png  Saints | Delvin Breaux on the market    Mon Aug 14, 09:38 AM

New Orleans Saints CB Delvin Breaux is being shopped, according to a source.

Link to story

I remember he had a pretty good game covering TY and some of our other receivers when we played the Saints at Lucas Oil.

"Breaux is also extremely affordable with a $615,000 base salary for 2016, and he'll be a restricted free agent next year, which means the team could keep him at a relatively cheap rate."

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/08/saints_delvin_breaux_trade.html

Since krunk doesn't start too many threads usually, I figured I better see what's on his mind. If he thinks we should take a run at Delvin for secondary, I say pull the trigger & sign the man. 

Krunk knows what he's talking about. I trust him. One slight glitch though, I'm not an NFL owner. It figures. Details; Details. 

Has anybody here actually watched Delvin Breaux play? He gets exposed on a weekly basis. He had a horrendous first year in the NFL. He was a cheap starter for a team that couldn't have afforded better if they wanted to. (Saints were in one of the worst cap situations of all time when they signed him.) If he's on a cheap deal and being shopped by New Orleans, that's a huge red flag. Would be ironic if he joined the Colts though, because I've always kind of thought of him as the second coming of Jason David.

On 8/16/2017 at 11:24 AM, Shepman said:

Which has pretty much taken trading Breaux back off the trade table, but forced getting rid of the Orthopedic physician team.

Details here-

http://forums.colts.com/topic/53156-mds-get-it-right-or-get-out/

On 8/15/2017 at 10:06 PM, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Has anybody here actually watched Delvin Breaux play? He gets exposed on a weekly basis. He had a horrendous first year in the NFL. He was a cheap starter for a team that couldn't have afforded better if they wanted to. (Saints were in one of the worst cap situations of all time when they signed him.) If he's on a cheap deal and being shopped by New Orleans, that's a huge red flag. Would be ironic if he joined the Colts though, because I've always kind of thought of him as the second coming of Jason David.

I gave you a like cause most of this is true, except for the part about him being the second coming of Jason David. Breaux is overrated as hell, but he's not that bad as Jason David was. 

However, the Saints DO have some corners in the past 5 years who can properly be compared to David. I'm going with Cory White on that one. No one was worse at blown coverage than Cory White. 

Breaux often does have a few rare moments where he can make big plays. His biggest issue is that when one bad thing happens, it often snowballs and he gets exposed multiple times. The injury history is another problem. Last year, he stayed hurt and I'm pretty sure he stayed hurt most of 2015. 

For anyone that wants a laugh, this was the highlight of his rookie season....

Image result for delvin breaux gif