Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Vick to retire with the Falcons

RockThatBlue

10 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Let's see a show of hands... who cares a single iota about Mike Vick and the falcons?

giphy (1).gif

Watch a number of their home games and you'll see more #7 Vick jerseys than anything else at the games. 

He is still insanely popular with that fanbase and probably always will be.

11 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Watch a number of their home games and you'll see more #7 Vick jerseys than anything else at the games. 

I know.... but does anyone outside of Atlanta care? It's not like Vick is current nfl news.

On 5/27/2017 at 3:06 PM, RockThatBlue said:

On 6/1/2017 at 8:14 AM, Chucklez said:

Let's see a show of hands... who cares a single iota about Mike Vick and the falcons?

giphy (1).gif

17 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Vick fell from grace in my eyes, but he is in the midst of a return to grace.  And I was a Falcons fan, at least for two weeks in Jan-Feb, this year... haha

I will never forget 10+ years ago, when my friends voted and I wasn't allowed to play with the Falcons in Madden anymore because I would put up Vince Young CFB-type numbers every game (200+ passing and 200+ rushing) with Vick...  He really wasn't fair.

4 hours ago, rock8591 said:

I'll be surprised if they allow him in the building anymore.

You obviously don't know the Atlanta fans.  They can't wait.  I'll be surprised if we're able to hear any boos when he is in the building.

If Arthur Blank doesn't do this, the Atlanta fans might not allow HIM in the building anymore...

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

If they had won the Superbowl like they were supposed to, I would have cared about them. Instead, like all previous Supebowl losers, they will be cursed and forgotten.

That loss to the Giants really killed the patriots....

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

That loss to the Giants really killed the patriots....

Yea, but that team cheated to bounce back, so they're exempted. The Falcons have to claw their way back, which won't happen because the league values parity, and the only way to beat parity is to cheat.

17 hours ago, BOTT said:

the greatest career that never was

That sounds like a Charles Dickens quote. 

"It was the best of times [for 3 quarters & 10 minutes]; It was the worst of times" [when RB Devonta Freeman failed to pick up a crucial block] that ended ATL's storybook ending. 

Yeah, I know you meant Vick not this past SB loss. That dog won't hunt anymore. Too much? My bad. I do respect how Micheal survived prison though & turned his life around. A good dude. 

4 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

If they had won the Superbowl like they were supposed to, I would have cared about them. Instead, like all previous Supebowl losers, they will be cursed and forgotten.

Yes, karma can be a...rhymes with witch & teams that end up in second place seem to be in a haze or fog the corresponding season. I agree RMDY. 

I keep thinking of Jim Mora Jr. HC in Atlanta at the zenith of Vick's career & the admission by Michael years later that he never really studied his playbook. Imagine what he might have done had he mastered that book in his prime. Wow! 

Not really slamming #7 since I always liked him as a QB who could hurt with his arms or legs on game day. 

I always think of the plight of the black QB when guys like Vick retire. Man, he was magic when he was clicking. I love Warren Moon too & it still ticks me off that there's a double standard learning curve between white QBs & black QBs & African American field generals are always given a much shorter leash or opportunity to fail & make mistakes than caucasian ones. That's a fact & it infuriates me. End rant. 

Yes, I'm a white guy & yes, I believe that too because I've seen it unfold for decades. I pray Jameis Winston will excel for decades too. Okay, I'll zip it now. 

Ooh...I got give Steve McNair some love too. Man, he was tougher than steel. He was fun to watch in Tennessee too. 

28 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I always think of the plight of the black QB when guys like Vick retire. Man, he was magic when he was clicking. I love Warren Moon too & it still ticks me off that there's a double standard learning curve between white QBs & black QBs & African American field generals are always given a much shorter leash or opportunity to fail & make mistakes than caucasian ones. That's a fact & it infuriates me. End rant. 

Yes, I'm a white guy & yes, I believe that too because I've seen it unfold for decades. I pray Jameis Winston will excel for decades too. Okay, I'll zip it now. 

Ooh...I got give Steve McNair some love too. Man, he was tougher than steel. He was fun to watch in Tennessee too. 

I think you maybe need to upgrade your thought process in regards to the plight of the black QB. What you say was true in the past but in todays football it is not a problem. Color plays no part in a player being drafted if he has the talent to be a starter in the NFL.

51 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Yes, karma can be a...rhymes with witch & teams that end up in second place seem to be in a haze or fog the corresponding season. I agree RMDY. 

Yup, and the loser of the Superbowl becomes a walking punch line of a joke. The stories are many: Rex Grossman costing the Bears the Superbowl, Denver and the snap sailing over Manning's head, the Cardinals giving up the huge TD return to big James Harrison, the list goes on.

We all remember the negativity, and the Falcons will especially be no exception. Meanwhile, despite the Patriots horrendous start to the Falcons, the only thing we'll remember is how awesome Tom Brady is. Sad, but true.

22 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think you maybe need to upgrade your thought process in regards to the plight of the black QB. What you say was true in the past but in todays football it is not a problem. Color plays no part in a player being drafted if he has the talent to be a starter in the NFL.

Upgrade my thought process you say....I don't see it that way at all CC1. I never said anything about being drafted. I'm talking about reps, faces of the franchise, & how much latitude mistakes are given among white & black QBs without losing the starting job as the guy for an organization. 

38 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Yup, and the loser of the Superbowl becomes a walking punch line of a joke. The stories are many: Rex Grossman costing the Bears the Superbowl, Denver and the snap sailing over Manning's head, the Cardinals giving up the huge TD return to big James Harrison, the list goes on.

We all remember the negativity, and the Falcons will especially be no exception. Meanwhile, despite the Patriots horrendous start to the Falcons, the only thing we'll remember is how awesome Tom Brady is. Sad, but true.

I know right. When I heard that Matt Ryan had watched that SB tape at least 4 times, I was like why subject yourself to that level of punishment? Burn the darn tape & hit the mental reset button man. 

This loss will haunt Ryan & the Falcons forever. 1 FG & odds are you would have emerged World Champions. Sigh... I always marvel at how Jim Kelly & the Bills got to the dance 4 consecutive times. Incredible. 

Man, losing like Atlanta did so close to victory just blows. They might not ever get back either. OUCH! 

I feel bad for owner Arthur Blank. First, he finds out Vick ran an underground dog fighting ring, then he trades away QB Matt Schaub to Houston, & then just when you think it's time to celebrate BB's defense says hold on now not so fast...Son of a...

19 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I know right. When I heard that Matt Ryan had watched that SB tape at least 4 times, I was like why subject yourself to that level of punishment? Burn the darn tape & hit the mental reset button man. 

This loss will haunt Ryan & the Falcons forever. 1 FG & odds are you would have emerged World Champions. Sigh... I always marvel at how Jim Kelly & the Bills got to the dance 4 consecutive times. Incredible. 

Man, losing like Atlanta did so close to victory just blows. They might not ever get back either. OUCH! 

I can't speak for the Falcons, but yea, it probably does haunt them. There was that story about it definitely haunting Richard Sherman and the Seahawks. Sherman has been in a bad mood ever since. Now imagine when you have that final play times 100 (ie. the Falcons would never run the ball).

3 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I can't speak for the Falcons, but yea, it probably does haunt them. There was that story about it definitely haunting Richard Sherman and the Seahawks. Sherman has been in a bad mood ever since. Now imagine when you have that final play times 100 (ie. the Falcons would never run the ball).

Uh huh. Even I was like why is OC Kyle Shanahan continuing to throw the ball? The clock is your friend now if you play your cards right. Easy to say now in hindsight I know. 

Sherman has completely unraveled & become a dirty & unruly DB now. You're exactly right RMDY. The Hawks will trade him eventually. They have to. He's uncontrollable now when he pops off. 

6 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Uh huh. Even I was like why is OC Kyle Shanahan continuing to throw the ball? The clock is your friend now if you play your cards right. Easy to say now in hindsight I know. 

Sherman has completely unraveled & become a dirty & unruly DB now. You're exactly right RMDY. The Hawks will trade him eventually. They have to. He's uncontrollable now when he pops off. 

I know exactly what happened. Pete Carrol phoned the Falcons Coaching Staff in the 4th and told them passing the ball is the way to go, so it's a must. The Falcons Coaching staff responded by saying, O-tay I believe you since it worked for you in the SB :sarcasm:

Michael Vick is arguably the greatest QB that franchise has ever had. He was so dynamic and could pass and run. He also got the Falcons to an NFC Title Game so he has went far in the Playoffs. Bartkowski was Good in the early 80's, Chris Chandler got them to a SB but lost in the 90's, Ryan is Very Good but not Great and just lost in the SB. Vick should not only retire a Falcon but he should have his # retired and I am pet lover - dogs and cats. He paid his dues regarding what he did IMO and was a Very Good Football QB.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know exactly what happened. Pete Carrol phoned the Falcons Coaching Staff in the 4th and told them passing the ball is the way to go, so it's a must. The Falcons Coaching staff responded by saying, O-tay I believe you since it worked for you in the SB :sarcasm:

Bah! Ha! Ha! 

If we're going to stretch our imaginations for comic relief purposes, we might as well say that Peyton Manning called Brady after halftime to pass along to Bill that Pete was was gonna throw the ball into the end zone on the final play against the Pats on defense in order to extract revenge against the Hawks for the Broncos SB loss in 2013. Manning is next level you know. 

Otay was a nice touch. haha

20 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Bah! Ha! Ha! 

If we're going to stretch our imaginations for comic relief purposes, we might as well say that Peyton Manning called Brady after halftime to pass along to Bill that Pete was was gonna throw the ball into the end zone on the final play against the Pats on defense in order to extract revenge against the Hawks for the Broncos SB loss in 2013. Manning is next level you know. 

Otay was a nice touch. haha

How's this for comedy relief - Hi I am Pete Carroll, instead of running Lynch for a guarantee win in the SB, we will get cute and throw in traffic so Tom Brady can be the GOAT. 2 years later, Falcons Coach, lets not run the ball 2 times and kill clock and kick a sure FG that will win the game, lets get cute and pass it/fumble so Tom Brady can be called the GOAT lmao. They have to be the 2 dumbest  teams I have ever seen. A 5 yr old would know to run the ball in both games to just pretty much end the games. I am just Glad Tom Brady played awesome Defense in both of those games so he could become the GOAT, man did Brady mind screw those teams by making them pass lmao. I wish Peyton just could've recovered that stinkin onside kick vs the Saints, had he done that he may have been the GOAT, GOSH DARN IT!

53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wish Peyton just could've recovered that stinkin onside kick vs the Saints, had he done that he may have been the GOAT, GOSH DARN IT!

Darn right bro. That 1 special teams play made Sean Payton famous & a bling wearer. Now, I like Sean & all, but that possession changed the whole trajectory of that SB. Sigh...18 had a fantastic 2009 season until that play messed up INDY's mojo & flow the rest of that game. Grrr! 

I know; I know we can't change the past. What's done is done. Unless we could borrow Doc, Marty, & a delorean that can go 88 MPH right? Back To The Future movie joke. "Whoa, this is heavy." Alright; I'll stop. 

37 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Darn right bro. That 1 special teams play made Sean Payton famous & a bling wearer. Now, I like Sean & all, but that possession changed the whole trajectory of that SB. Sigh...18 had a fantastic 2009 season until that play messed up INDY's mojo & flow the rest of that game. Grrr! 

I know; I know we can't change the past. What's done is done. Unless we could borrow Doc, Marty, & a delorean that can go 88 MPH right? Back To The Future movie joke. "Whoa, this is heavy." Alright; I'll stop. 

Saints had a great team so there is no shame in losing to them. They were definitely better than either Giants team that beat Tommy. Brees has been Top tier for years. I was just being sarcastic because QB's get so much blame when their team loses and if their team wins because it was the Defense or SPTeams they still get most of the credit. I just think when ranking some of these players, everyone needs to analyze the whole picture on why teams win.