Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

13 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Nice W we've done a good job winning the games we are supposed to this season. We did a better job at the FT line 18-19 It looked like Vic was ready to have another huge 4th quarter but sat the final 5 mins or so with us up big.

TJ had an encouraging 33 point game for Ft Wayne Monday night. We may get some help from him this season yet. 

33?  That's very encouraging...we need a 9th player in the rotation who can contribute

Since the Lakers ended the Rockets streak and finally got the much needed "big win" I have no choice but to post these..... lmao 

0839321001450983758_filepicker-646x355.j

2a4f5b44e8b7c8554b5f908538ff762f--kobe-b

hqdefault.jpg

Have a great holiday weekend coming up guys and Merry Christmas to you lovelies!!!!!!!!

41ZWLt+5q9L.jpg

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2-0 vs LeBron though :rock:

2088575_2.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

0-2 vs. Boston..0-2 vs. Houston...0-2 vs. OKC

and 18-8 against everybody else...

Ill take it

Yes and all those loses were vs playoff bound teams except @ Miami in our 3rd game and @ Philly vs a Jekylle and Hyde Sixers team. That's right the Knicks are currently sitting 8th. 

The only team that's really handled us is the Rockets. There are a handful of games we gave away including the Boston debacle. Hopefully we learn from those. There is no question we have bounced back from each "bad" loss.  

We are  2-0 vs the defending Eastern Conference champs. Who are still the team to beat until someone actually does.

I will take in too Mark. This team has shown they believe in themselves. They don't get down on each other instead they play for one another. That's huge. 

I'm impressed with how they go to work. It's not easy to win when you should and minus a couple home games to pretty good teams we have done it. That's the mark on of a good team.

I'm confident we will continue to battle for a middle of the pack playoff seed. This is a quietly talented team with some playoff seasoned guys on the roster. We will be a tough out. I'm 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That and Boston should've never won the other night. That was perhaps the biggest fluke of an ending I have ever seen.

That's what I'm talking about the first loss we didn't even have our superstar the 2nd loss they shot way over average they hardly ever happens

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@oldunclemark Championships have to be at least part of the criteria for Alpha Dog type players, not Role Players. Example:

-Lets say Player A scores 30,000 Points in his career and wins 3 MVP's and so does Player B but Player A has won 4 Championships and Player B only wins 1. Who would you rank higher?

I would NOT assume that because Player A was on 4 title teams and player B was on one, that Player A was marginally better..Do you think Tim Duncan was better than Karl Malone?  .I don't. Check the numbers and titles.WE  saw them play. We KNOW Malone was better.

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I would NOT assume that because Player A was on 4 title teams and player B was on one, that Player A was marginally better..Do you think Tim Duncan was better than Karl Malone?  .I don't. Check the numbers and titles.WE  saw them play. We KNOW Malone was better.

Malone is a lot better statistically, he is the 2nd all-time leading scorer in NBA history. So he has more ammo in a debate when it comes to guys that has more Rings. Had Malone only played 12 or 13 seasons and had the Stats Duncan had, I would rank Duncan higher without hesitation because of his Rings.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Malone is a lot better statistically, he is the 2nd all-time leading scorer in NBA history. So he has more ammo in a debate when it comes to guys that has more Rings. Had Malone only played 12 or 13 seasons and had the Stats Duncan had, I would rank Duncan higher without hesitation because of his Rings.

Malone wasn't a lot better statistically look at their career averages Tim 19 pts 10.8 rebs 3 assist .7 steals  2.2 blks and 50.1% fgs 68.9% ft's Malone 25pts 10.1 rebs 3.6 assists 1.4 steals .08 blks and 51.6% fg 74.2% ft's  That's pretty even Malone had more points but he had more attempts and played with Stockton.  If you look at their playoff numbers Timmy's went up a little 20.6 and 11.4 50.1%fg 68.9% ft  Karl's slide a little with field goal percentage taking a noticeable dip  24.7 and 10.7 46.3% fg 73.6% ft.  

I would not be so quick to say the Mailman is better. In fact most lists have Duncan as the best PF of all time. They push him to the top because of titles I'm sure. Malone put the power in PF and his game was more suited to the 4. He faced up more and had better range on his jump shot. He got up and down the floor better scored more in transition. Duncan posted up more and was a better interior defender and rim protector.  I think he was the better passer too. 

Duncan's game was more of a hybrid PF/C where Malone was a PF. That's how I would rank them Malone greatest PF Duncan greatest PF/C. I know it is a cop out. Luckily PG-Magic SG-Jordan and C-Kareem are easy don't see any arguments there.  SF gets a lot more interesting. 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:00 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Malone was not a lot better than Duncan statistically...if we're looking at totals

..and to rank Tim above Malone would,be wrong under any circumstances because we both saw them play And we know better