Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I dont understand...We put those guys in because they can shoot foul shots. Bogdonavic is 85%

CoJo hits 91% he's the best we have I was celebrating when we got the inbounds pass to him He's a PG he has to make the right play Bogy should know better but the play was to CoJo 

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Lets tell the whole truth about Bill Russell

He was hardly the best player on his team during some championship years. His rookie year..Cousy was MVP

Russell's last year,..he averaged 10 points a game..He was a rebounder and defender.

Wilt was better than Russell in every individual stat...Russell was great but he had better teammates..than Wilt

If you look at my all-time list I have Wilt rated much higher. So we agree, you are making a debate out of Wilt/Russ when there is no need too because I think Wilt was better too IMO. Russell had too many flaws on Offense to be considered a Top 5 player of all-time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you look at my all-time list I have Wilt rated much higher. So we agree, you are making a debate out of Wilt/Russ when there is no need too because I think Wilt was better too IMO. Russell had too many flaws on Offense to be considered a Top 5 player of all-time.

I think good debate is between Magic/Kobe/Bird/LeBron regarding who is the better floor player. Keeping Big's out of it because I am still not convinced LeBron is better than any of those other 3 like many are.

OKC just beat the Nuggets 95-94 which puts them back to .500 at 15-15. Huge win for them as they were down by 10 in the 4th Qtr at one point. OKC is setting in the 8th spot but is just 1 game out of the 5th spot now. Pelicans are 7th at 15-15 as well, Nuggets are 6th at 16-14, and Blazers are 5th at 16-14. My guess is, by weeks end OKC will move all the way up to 5th and we aren't even out of December yet. Long way to go.

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I was screaming my head off and was so pumped up thought we would just in bounds it and hold it til the foul boy I was wrong :wall::flaming:

Yeah I haven't seen a loss like that in a long while. It reminded me of when the Colts had Houston down 23-9 with 4 minutes left and let Brock beat us. I was so upset that night I ended up with a migraine headache and just shut the TV off.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still cant believe Boston won tonight, that was an unreal ending. It's never over until it's over.

That was a completely CRAZY game.......-omg- Poor olduncleM had to lie down.

Cavs fans are going insane I seen before yelling at the Pacers and cursing the C's/Kyrie again.......they be nuts.......

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Irving's long 3 set everything up, without that the crazy ending doesn't happen.

Did the Pacers call a timeout before the Kyrie 3? I don't remember really but if they did I don't think thats a great spot for it since Stevens often thinks of something in those spots. I think he went small at the end with more speed to try and hope someone would actually steal the ball.....

My mind is fuzzy on this, insanity.......

1 hour ago, MTC said:

Disappointing loss, but love how the team was able to fight back after being down 19.

Oladipo's All-Star/MIP campaign continues to rise. 

Celtics pre game show (I live in NE so always get them lol) was often about Oladipo. He was interviewed by one of the Celtics reporters. Brad Stevens was asked about him too and Stevens said he knew he was good already from his past but he is taking it to the next level now. Al Horford talked about him and praised him. And there was just A LOT of talk about him. Tommy Heinsohn speaks highly of Dipo......

So if you all want more national coverage of him he is getting it, believe me. I see Cavs fans talk about him too.

He is easily becoming a much more well known name.......

Luckily I got home earlier tonight to see and hear more because 7 pm starts can kill me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah I like Bog but that was definitely not one of his better moments 

The end game fell on Bogy. He made the pass that led to the dunk but that play was on CoJo. 

He's the PG and our best free throw shooter 91%. The inbounds play was to get the ball to CoJo and put him on the line. We executed the play and had the ball in the hands of the guy we wanted to have it. Then inexplicably he passed  the ball to a big away from the basket. Things went down hill from there. 

Damn, Lakers lose to Warriors again in OT. Wish they got this one at home on Kobe's big night.:thmdown:

Warriors had a few starters out but Durant carried them and got the clutch shot in at the end. Durant is well........dude's pretty good. lmao 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

But that wasn't the debate...Whether Russell is Top-5 or better than Wilt isnt what I'm discussing, if you recall the start of this. I'm saying that throw titles out as a badge of honor is extremely simplistic.

Simply to be on a championship team should not come up as a barometer of great players.

What did you DO on those title teams....again Jordan was the dominant player and leader on his 6 title teams.

Russell was not  (although he coached the last couple and was, in that respect, was certainly a leader) the dominant player on his first title team or his last few.

You often mention Russell's 11 titles and I'm saying, while Bill was  a major contributor, he didnt 'win' them in the same respect that Jordan did and that should recalled in the 'he won 11 titles' comment where it pertains to individual greatness.  I saw those teams. I was a big fan of those teams, But a half dozen  Hall-of-Fame 60s Celtics 'won' a lot of titles. 

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

But that wasn't the debate...Whether Russell is Top-5 or better than Wilt isnt what I'm discussing, if you recall the start of this. I'm saying that throw titles out as a badge of honor is extremely simplistic.

Simply to be on a championship team should not come up as a barometer of great players.

What did you DO on those title teams....again Jordan was the dominant player and leader on his 6 title teams.

Russell was not  (although he coached the last couple and was, in that respect, was certainly a leader) the dominant player on his first title team or his last few.

You often mention Russell's 11 titles and I'm saying, while Bill was  a major contributor, he didnt 'win' them in the same respect that Jordan did and that should recalled in the 'he won 11 titles' comment where it pertains to individual greatness.  I saw those teams. I was a big fan of those teams, But a half dozen  Hall-of-Fame 60s Celtics 'won' a lot of titles. 

So are you saying Championships shouldn't be factored in at all? They have to be IMO, I am not saying that is the end all but it has to factor in when ranking players.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Turn out the lights the party is over! Nice bounce back win after that punch to the gut the other night. Bogs played good as well. Now 18-14 on the season. Losses like the other night can cause teams to go into a funk, we have a sign of a good team by coming on the road and whipping Atlanta.

Nice W we've done a good job winning the games we are supposed to this season. We did a better job at the FT line 18-19 It looked like Vic was ready to have another huge 4th quarter but sat the final 5 mins or so with us up big.

TJ had an encouraging 33 point game for Ft Wayne Monday night. We may get some help from him this season yet. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:39 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So are you saying Championships shouldn't be factored in at all? They have to be IMO, I am not saying that is the end all but it has to factor in when ranking players.

It does not.

We always say that one player doesnt win a championship and that's true. So you cant turn around and when  we judge players, rank them according to titles...and call it a tie-breaker.

Do you believe that a player being on a championship and that makes him better  than a player who has similar achievements but has never on a championship team.

And be careful because its really hard to say (using something other than feelings) why that would be the case

..and, by the way,  thank you for this conversation because I know the Pacers won tonight but I'm still paralyzed by our most experienced player, an NBA and Olympic veteran, making a pass that you see in high school ,when Warren Central starts pressing the School for the Blind..and giving away a game to the first place team in our conference.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Turn out the lights the party is over! Nice bounce back win after that punch to the gut the other night. Bogs played good as well. Now 18-14 on the season. Losses like the other night can cause teams to go into a funk, we have a sign of a good team by coming on the road and whipping Atlanta.

0-2 vs. Boston..0-2 vs. Houston...0-2 vs. OKC

and 18-8 against everybody else...

Ill take it