Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tough loss here, they made some lucky shots all night I will say that. 2 losses in a row now so we need to stop the bleeding quickly. Still 16-13 so we are ok and should beat the Nets on Sunday.

Some of the foul calls Detroit got just made me shake my head 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow what a game between the Thunder at Sixers. Game of the year! Thunder wins in Triple OT 119-117! That game had Playoff intensity big time, guys on both teams were diving for loose balls and playin D out of their rear. Embiid had 34 for the Sixers and had some incredible blocks but Westbrook took over in the 3rd OT and ended up with 27 Points, 17 Rebounds, and 15 Assists. PG and Melo both had 24 Points a piece. Best game I have watched all season to be honest, both teams wanted this badly and were talking junk to each other in the OT's. I wish every NBA game was played like this, those players laid it out on the line. OKC is now the 8th Seed in the West and at .500 = 14-14. They are looking much better lately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tough loss here, they made some lucky shots all night I will say that. 2 losses in a row now so we need to stop the bleeding quickly. Still 16-13 so we are ok and should beat the Nets on Sunday.

We give up too many second chance points and at the worst times. We have to rebound the ball. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, akcolt said:

We give up too many second chance points and at the worst times. We have to rebound the ball. 

I don't know what we can do about rebounding against teas like Detroit except to pay Sabonis and Turner together a lot .

That way we have Turners shot blocking and Sabonis' rebounding..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wow what a game between the Thunder at Sixers. Game of the year! Thunder wins in Triple OT 119-117! That game had Playoff intensity big time, guys on both teams were diving for loose balls and playin D out of their rear. Embiid had 34 for the Sixers and had some incredible blocks but Westbrook took over in the 3rd OT and ended up with 27 Points, 17 Rebounds, and 15 Assists. PG and Melo both had 24 Points a piece. Best game I have watched all season to be honest, both teams wanted this badly and were talking junk to each other in the OT's. I wish every NBA game was played like this, those players laid it out on the line. OKC is now the 8th Seed in the West and at .500 = 14-14. They are looking much better lately.

CBE..Simple question. Is Joel Embid just a punk..

 

He's out there disrespecting guys like Carmelo and Westbrook.  Trash talking everybody like he is a world champion.

He cant even play 3 games in a row...and he might want to get into better shape

 

I'm old school.  Accomplish something some where other than social media and then you can talk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

CBE..Simple question. Is Joel Embid just a punk..

 

He's out there disrespecting guys like Carmelo and Westbrook.  Trash talking everybody like he is a world champion.

He cant even play 3 games in a row...and he might want to get into better shape

 

I'm old school.  Accomplish something some where other than social media and then you can talk

I wouldn't say Embiid is a punk but I would say young and immature. One thing you don't want to do is get Westbrook mad. When that happens he plays better and turns into a beast!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't say Embiid is a punk but I would say young and immature. One thing you don't want to do is get Westbrook mad. When that happens he plays better and turns into a beast!

they don't have many older veterans who could tell him that his mouth isn't helping him...

....if you want the respect of other players.....

 

..maybe he values his 'brand' and his 'act' more than he does winning . Ego rules

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't say Embiid is a punk but I would say young and immature. One thing you don't want to do is get Westbrook mad. When that happens he plays better and turns into a beast!

Embiid is a bit of a troll. Likes trying to get into peoples heads. Hes kind of like Lance in that way,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tomorrow will be a big game for Pacers/Celtics. Celtics have had a few shaky games in the last week though.......scoring for them has been off or inconsistent at times and especially in second quarters. So it's hard for me to tell right now who will do what. Kyrie will get his usual points but they seem lost at times lately but they will be okay long term under Stevens. 

 

If the Pacers want to grab one from Boston this is a chance to do so, but a back to back is tough as well. 

 

This game starts earlier then I would like since I might not be home till 8 to 9 pm.

 

I am very interested in the Lakers game though tomorrow night since it's the Kobe Bryant jersey retirement game!!!! Both his jersey numbers!!!!!!!:excited:

 

 

My respect for Steve Kerr just went up even more.:thmup:

 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749681-steve-kerr-says-warriors-will-watch-lakers-retire-kobe-bryants-jerseys

 

Quote

 

Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr said he'll keep the team on the floor during halftime Monday night when the Los Angeles Lakers retire Kobe Bryant's No. 8 and No. 24 jerseys at the Staples Center.

 

"Just the experience in seeing one of the greatest players in the history of the game getting his jersey retired, and we happen to be there," Kerr said Saturday, per Chris Haynes of ESPN.com. "I'm not going to keep them in the locker room to watch tape of the first half. The players would look at me like I was nuts. There's something interesting going on the floor. Let's go out there."

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

Tomorrow will be a big game for Pacers/Celtics. Celtics have had a few shaky games in the last week though.......scoring for them has been off or inconsistent at times and especially in second quarters. So it's hard for me to tell right now who will do what. Kyrie will get his usual points but they seem lost at times lately but they will be okay long term under Stevens. 

 

If the Pacers want to grab one from Boston this is a chance to do so, but a back to back is tough as well. 

 

This game starts earlier then I would like since I might not be home till 8 to 9 pm.

 

I am very interested in the Lakers game though tomorrow night since it's the Kobe Bryant jersey retirement game!!!! Both his jersey numbers!!!!!!!:excited:

 

 

My respect for Steve Kerr just went up even more.:thmup:

 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749681-steve-kerr-says-warriors-will-watch-lakers-retire-kobe-bryants-jerseys

 

 

Pacers win 109-97 over Nets, Dipo goes for 26 on 9-14 shooting. Sweet! Kobe retirement = excellent! He is in my Top 5 ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kobe Top 5, yes sir! Closest thing to Michael Jordan ever.

1. Jordan

2. Magic

3. Kareem

4. Wilt

5. Kobe

-that is my 5

 

-Bird, LeBron, Duncan, Russell, and Shaq are right there but Kobe has 5 Championships and an 81 point game and 4 other 60+ games, and a ton of 40+ games. He was the Jordan of this past era just not as Great as Jordan. Kobe won 2 Championships with Pau Gasol being his 2nd best player. LeBron didn't win his 1st until he joined Wade and Bosh.

 

-Russell won 11 Championships but 8 of those, he only had to win 2 series, perspective. It was different in the 60's. Wilt was the better player actually IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Jules, here's my Top 10 just for you:

1. Michael Jordan

2. Magic Johnson

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

4. Wilt Chamberlain

5. Kobe Bryant

6. Larry Bird

7. Shaq O'Neal

8. Tim Duncan

9. LeBron James - yeah I am a hater because I don't rank him 2nd haha but look who I have in front of him. James is special and made my Top 10 out of a million players, so I hate lmao 

 

10. Bill Russell - Great player and won 11 Championships so deserves Top 10. Was on loaded teams that only needed to win 2 series in 8 of his Championships though. Great Defender, Team Player, and Rebounder. His Offensive game was kind of blah so he is at my 10 spot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a lot of fans might give you an argument/debate over where to rank Tim Duncan since I have seen that a lot online in the past before with hardcore NBA fans.

 

Tim Duncan was awesome, I just think too many casual fans or those who were never into the Spurs ever truly at times appreciated him. And many didn't get into him either since he was a quiet guy and kinda didn't have the big personality obviously.

 

On btw good news!!!!!!!! Dirk thinks he might play another season after this year!!!

 

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/12/15/dirk-nowitzki-dallas-mavericks-its-looking-will-play-2018-19-season

 

I hope so. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jules said:

I think a lot of fans might give you an argument/debate over where to rank Tim Duncan since I have seen that a lot online in the past before with hardcore NBA fans.

 

Tim Duncan was awesome, I just think too many casual fans or those who were never into the Spurs ever truly at times appreciated him. And many didn't get into him either since he was a quiet guy and kinda didn't have the big personality obviously.

 

On btw good news!!!!!!!! Dirk thinks he might play another season after this year!!!

 

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/12/15/dirk-nowitzki-dallas-mavericks-its-looking-will-play-2018-19-season

 

I hope so. 

Hey, Vince Carter is still playing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pacers win 109-97 over Nets, Dipo goes for 26 on 9-14 shooting. Sweet! Kobe retirement = excellent! He is in my Top 5 ever.

Our centers both played very well....(it was free weekend on NBA 'League Pass"

..and we were active defensively..

 

Funny how we don't fall behind 10 in the first quarter when we play on the road.

What's up with that?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Jules, here's my Top 10 just for you:

1. Michael Jordan

2. Magic Johnson

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

4. Wilt Chamberlain

5. Kobe Bryant

6. Larry Bird

7. Shaq O'Neal

8. Tim Duncan

9. LeBron James - yeah I am a hater because I don't rank him 2nd haha but look who I have in front of him. James is special and made my Top 10 out of a million players, so I hate lmao 

 

10. Bill Russell - Great player and won 11 Championships so deserves Top 10. Was on loaded teams that only needed to win 2 series in 8 of his Championships though. Great Defender, Team Player, and Rebounder. His Offensive game was kind of blah so he is at my 10 spot.

Tim Duncan won 5 Championships and is underrated by the media, Shaq was a more dominant player than LeBron and has won 4 Championships. Bird would've won at least 5 had it not been for Magic. James is a better athlete than those guys, but player that is debatable IMO. LeBron isn't better than Kobe Bryant and I don't see any debate you can give me to dispute that other than the brainwash clowns on ESPN like Max and Stephen A that think so. Those 2 never watched Magic play I am convinced of that because LeBron isn't near better than Magic. Magic was the best ever by far before Jordan came along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tim Duncan won 5 Championships and is underrated by the media, Shaq was a more dominant player than LeBron and has won 4 Championships. Bird would've won at least 5 had it not been for Magic. James is a better athlete than those guys, but player that is debatable IMO. LeBron isn't better than Kobe Bryant and I don't see any debate you can give me to dispute that other than the brainwash clowns on ESPN like Max and Stephen A that think so. Those 2 never watched Magic play I am convinced of that because LeBron isn't near better than Magic. Magic was the best ever by far before Jordan came along.

'Championships are a funny barometer..

John Salley won 4 titles..

and Jordan 'would have won 8'  had he not retired...early to play baseball

But I agree.....It does matter who you actually saw.

 

We don't consider Wilt the best ever because none of us saw him in his early and mid-20s when he set unbreakable records in an era when he was triple-teamed and teams played 3 games in 3 nights

 

..and because he won only 2 titles in an era when The Celtics could get all the good players they wanted .....

Edited by oldunclemark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/16/2017 at 1:24 PM, oldunclemark said:

I don't know what we can do about rebounding against teas like Detroit except to pay Sabonis and Turner together a lot .

That way we have Turners shot blocking and Sabonis' rebounding..

I think Nate should look playing those 2 together a little more. It's a back breaker to play solid D for 24 seconds force a missed shot then give up an offensive rebound. You have to finish those stops in the playoffs when possessions get fewer.  

 

I was a fan of getting Poythress on a 2 way deal. He was a McDonalds All American heading to UK then a knee as a Jr derailed him.

 

He shot 40% from 3 while averaging 20 & 9 last season for the Mad Ants. He was an All Star and All Rookie. He could be a nice piece off the bench. The opportunity is there for him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

He's kinda like Rob Gronkowksi, except that Gronkowksi has won something

You are giving Embid too much credit or Gronk not enough. Gronk has one something and is one of the best TE of his generation if not in the history of the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

'Championships are a funny barometer..

John Salley won 4 titles..

and Jordan 'would have won 8'  had he not retired...early to play baseball

But I agree.....It does matter who you actually saw.

 

We don't consider Wilt the best ever because none of us saw him in his early and mid-20s when he set unbreakable records in an era when he was triple-teamed and teams played 3 games in 3 nights

 

..and because he won only 2 titles in an era when The Celtics could get all the good players they wanted .....

John Salley won 4 and Robert Horry won 7, come on man. We know that but I am comparing alpha dogs when it comes to Championships. Role players aren't in that equation. If anyone watched Magic play and LeBron play and they think LeBron is better they need their brain checked. Magic was much more clutch and made players around him better more than LeBron has. It's cracks me up how Max and Stephen A just puts LeBron at #2. That is ridiculous, LeBron is awesome/Great but he isn't better than Kobe or Bird even.

 

Top 10 ever - yes LeBron is. Best player over the last 5 years - yes, 2nd of all-time and compared to Jordan - beyond ridiculous. Magic was even better period. I think some these media people need to go back and watch film and see how Magic dominated as a Rookie and won a Championship without Kareem. They need to see how Jordan scored like 50 points in his sleep and won the Championship every year he was in it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we look a team that played last night and spent all of our energy. This isn't looking good at all. C's up 62-47 at Half.

Embarassing///We need to pick up the pace and we cant. This is where our lack of depth hurts

 

How come Marcus Smart shots well against us but no one else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

John Salley won 4 and Robert Horry won 7, come on man. We know that but I am comparing alpha dogs when it comes to Championships. Role players aren't in that equation. If anyone watched Magic play and LeBron play and they think LeBron is better they need their brain checked. Magic was much more clutch and made players around him better more than LeBron has. It's cracks me up how Max and Stephen A just puts LeBron at #2. That is ridiculous, LeBron is awesome/Great but he isn't better than Kobe or Bird even.

 

Top 10 ever - yes LeBron is. Best player over the last 5 years - yes, 2nd of all-time and compared to Jordan - beyond ridiculous. Magic was even better period. I think some these media people need to go back and watch film and see how Magic dominated as a Rookie and won a Championship without Kareem. They need to see how Jordan scored like 50 points in his sleep and won the Championship every year he was in it.

Lets tell the whole truth about Bill Russell

 

He was hardly the best player on his team during some championship years. His rookie year..Cousy was MVP

 

Russell's last year,..he averaged 10 points a game..He was a rebounder and defender.

Wilt was better than Russell in every individual stat...Russell was great but he had better teammates..than Wilt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...