Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves

PatMcAfeeFan

Y'all are missing the point. Getting busy now cutting players that aren't viewed as productive/fitting scheme is a good thing even if they might spend most of their time in support and see little playing time = how the team practices, fills practice squad, ability to fill shoes when starters are injured (depth), etc. The team is doing what it can now.....with the heavy lifting in-house FA decisions, etc. to follow plus putting together a draft board.

If we have cap space, i really hope we make big moves in free agency this year. I would love to have Carl Nicks or LaRon Landry here

Irsay has said numerous times that this team is in a bad way with the cap. Grigson better be one heck of a number cruncher to work some of the miracles he's gonna need to pull this off. I doubt we will be able to make any splash in the FA market for a cpl of years.

Irsay has said numerous times that this team is in a bad way with the cap. Grigson better be one heck of a number cruncher to work some of the miracles he's gonna need to pull this off. I doubt we will be able to make any splash in the FA market for a cpl of years.

Several users familiar with the Colts cap situation have said that even with Manning and Luck we should have 10 - 20 Mil under the cap. There are no real cap issues as eluded to by the organization.

Several users familiar with the Colts cap situation have said that even with Manning and Luck we should have 10 - 20 Mil under the cap. There are no real cap issues as eluded to by the organization.

Interesting, guess they know more than the guy who writes the checks. Makes me wonder why he would come out and lie and say there are cap issues if there aren't any. Thanks for the info though

Interesting, guess they know more than the guy who writes the checks. Makes me wonder why he would come out and lie and say there are cap issues if there aren't any. Thanks for the info though

I believe it's more of a strategy to say things like this. You know, in case they release manning, they might be able to blame it on salary cap issues. If they have been quoted in the past saying this could be a problem, the media and fans will be more accepting.

The fact of it being an "issue" is more of a subjective view point.

I believe it's more of a strategy to say things like this. You know, in case they release manning, they might be able to blame it on salary cap issues. If they have been quoted in the past saying this could be a problem, the media and fans will be more accepting.

Very true, I wonder if that 10-20 mil is if all 19 of our free agents go elsewhere though. Trying to fill that many roster spots even at the league minimum ($390,000 for a rookie) might prove to be a daunting task since that comes to $7.4 mil.

Very true, I wonder if that 10-20 mil is if all 19 of our free agents go elsewhere though. Trying to fill that many roster spots even at the league minimum ($390,000 for a rookie) might prove to be a daunting task since that comes to $7.4 mil.

I wish I could remember the title of the thread in where we talked about this. It was very informative and very encouraging in regards to our situation next year. Maybe someone else will remember which one it was. We have a lot of intellegent people on here that know what they are talking about, including I think BlueShoe and Undecided Frog.

Yea but that is before you do things like re-sign Mathis and garçon.

That's what I wondered about, Mathis will command good money, and I think with Pagano specifically mentioning his name in his press conference that let's me know he wants Grigson and Irsay to do what they can to keep him here. Wayne is as good as gone so I think you have to do your best to keep Garcon too. Puts a tremendous strain on the cap that's for sure

That's what I wondered about, Mathis will command good money, and I think with Pagano specifically mentioning his name in his press conference that let's me know he wants Grigson and Irsay to do what they can to keep him here. Wayne is as good as gone so I think you have to do your best to keep Garcon too. Puts a tremendous strain on the cap that's for sure

You'd have to see the thread to get a good feel for it. I think the users were under the assumptions we would loose some FAs and keep some.

That's too bad, Zac Diles could be a very good backup, and be an okay starter. I'm a little disapointed.

Jamie Thomas has the potential to become a good backup. I guess they didn't want to invest time into him.

A little upset, but I guess it's for the better....:(