Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Peyton be the G.O.A.T ?

coltsfeva

It's all opinion and subjective. You have SB wins, Stats, League MVP's, what kind of teams and coaches you had around you, what era you played in, etc.. I think the only players in the GOAT discussion are Brady, Montana, Peyton, Elway, and Unitas but that is my opinion. You have other QB's that have been outstanding like Favre but he is the all-time INT leader/so no, Marino - no SB wins/so no, Bradshaw 4 SB wins but 212 TD's and 210 INT's career wise/so no. JMO's. The top 5 QB's I named are in the discussion and if you chose one, I don't think you would look bad in choosing one of those. All of them won 2 or more SB's (Unitas 1 SB but 2 NFL Titles), all of them have won 2 or more League MVP's except Elway who won 1 League MVP, and all put up Great Stats.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Figures once again.

It's an age old thread that never has any legit answers because there are no legit answers.

It's the off-season leave people alone there are a ton of other topics to post in or you could start your own that you think is more important  

On 5/18/2017 at 0:09 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

It's the off-season leave people alone there are a ton of other topics to post in or you could start your own that you think is more important  

Don't take it too personal.  This is just what they do.  Instead of skipping over repeat topics, they like to poo-poo on topics they are sick of reading.  They don't appreciate that there may be numerous brand new members who want to give their opinion about it for the first time.

BOTT does the same thing, but at least they are funny when they do it.  It helps to serve a little sugar with the bitterness.

20 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Don't take it too personal.  This is just what they do.  Instead of skipping over repeat topics, they like to poo-poo on topics they are sick of reading.  They don't appreciate that there may be numerous brand new members who want to give their opinion about it for the first time.

BOTT does the same thing, but at least they are funny when they do it.  It helps to serve a little sugar with the bitterness.

He is a bitter grouchy @** 90% of the time!

In my gods honest opinion after watching Peyton for so many years and rooting for him I would probably say he's the greatest I've ever seen. After playing against him and feeling like we have to score every freaking time we touch the ball and every time we punted I felt like we missed out on a big opportunity, this is a feeling I've never ever felt towards another quarterback no matter if it was Bree's or Brady. I was always worried what manning would do or that he would come back and destroy

Us. Luckily we have had pretty good luck against him no pun intended. After having felt that feeling I would say without a doubt he's the best I've ever seen. The way the man knows the game down to the every detail is almost cyborg like. He's basically a football rain man lol. Didn't his mom take pictures of outfits so he knew what matched a wile back ago lol. Anyways, a lot of the other greats the Brady's, montanas etc have all had great defenses and manning won more with crap than anyone else and it's not even close. I wish the rest of the country watched colts games every week like we do and then it would be no doubt who the goat is.

I think there will never be that one G.O.A.T.

Football is a team sport and no player can win a game or even a ring alone by himself (imagine edelman hadnt caught that damn ball last sb). And keep in mind, that the rules have changed a lot over the last 20,30 or 40 years,  in this discussion.... 

Peyton is the only QB to win MVP and a Super Bowl with 2 different teams. If you take that into consideration using Brady's comments about scheme and coaching, then Peyton is the GOAT hands down. You can talk about players, coaching, situations, etc... but the facts that Peyton has been the best on two different teams makes him the only one who has proven that he is good regardless. Hands down GOAT IMO.