Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Josh Gordon debacle (Joke)

COLTS449

I've stated my opinion on these things many, many time. Most disagree, but I mean this is just ridiculous. Let me start by saying this.....

:ranton:

I'm a business man. My grandpa taught me how to make money, and I run my own business. I have my own landscaping company, We do homes as well as local business's, and I also have 2 mowing crews 4 men each with well over 300 yards, (I'd have to look to see the exact number). Plus, again local business's. I make good money and have several workers, and I work my own hours, and I'm to the point now I don't really have to get out and do much at all. Basically I've got it going on not to brag. OK.... I do not drug test any of my workers. Why? Because as long as they show up and do their job I don't care what they do drug wise, and I know for a fact I have a handful of workers who couldn't even work without drugs. They know I don't care, unless it interferes with their job. But again. As long as they show up and do their job up to my expectations I don't give * what they do outside of work. That's their business unless it interferes with mine. You know....Unless one physically harms somebody or does something ACTUALLY BAD OR WRONG. Then, if it was clear they done it I'd fire them on the spot. So......

When is the NFL going to stay out of players personal lives??? I do not get this. It really hurts the sport. Wouldn't the league have been better this year if Gordon, Blackmon, Washington, Smith, Bryant,or even Gregory and etc had played??? Yes. Those are superstar players. Now the league denies Gordons re-instatement because he smokes a little weed. OMG who the hell cares. This just kills me. Why suspend players over smoking weed or taking pills, or whatever they may be doing? That's their personal life. It should be UP TO THE TEAM AND COACHING STAFF. If its effecting a players ON FIELD performance then it should be up to the coach to suspend him. And especially the weed. I mean come on. Who cares about freaking weed? 3/4 of people smoke weed. *. I just simply do not understand this. Its really hurting the NFL and its causing great players to not be on the field, and more importantly its ruining young men's dream. Bottom line. The NFL should stay out of players personal lives. Drug issues should be left up to the coaching staff. Unless they kill somebody or actually do something wrong. Again....This is just stupid. A top 5 WR doesn't get re-instated because he likes a little green. Whoopy!!!! Go buy some alcohol legally and let it do more damage than half of the illegal drugs might do. LOL. What a joke. I'd much rather somebody be on the road smoking weed than drinking. Who hadn't? Alcohols worse LOL. No arguing that. Its just ridiculous as I said. Wish every state would hurry and legalize it so this farce would end. Thoughts.........

:rantoff:

Edited by Nadine
masked profanity and offensive words

48 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Id rather everyone driving be under no influence

Well me too, but my point is alcohol is way worse than marijuana. All the way around and any way you look at it. And the NFL is screwing this young man. He can re-apply in September and if he's not re-instated effective immediately the NFLPA should raise hell. The NFLPA needs to stand up for this. Greg Hardy and Ray Rice are allowed to play after beating the hell out of their girls, but Josh Gordon isn't over weed???? Explain that.

Weeds legal in AK and 2 of the 3 states I spend the most time in Washington Oregon and home Indiana. Of course Indiana is the place that it's illegal.

I don't notice any difference in day to day life. The legalization of marijuana is a huge money maker for the state. Washington state topped 1 billion dollars of pot sold since legalizing and its generating over 20 M in revenue for the state monthly. 

The NFL can do as they wish just as you can when it comes to testing. No one has to agree. They test for nicotine to work at hospitals among other places out here.