Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gotta Love Marshall Faulk

Slick_Rick

It just seems to me that he is the only one that sees Peyton being a Colt. It is great to hear from a voice that actually knows a lot about this team and this situation.

How does Faulk know a lot about the team and the situation, at least anymore than any other NFL analysts? Faulk hasn't had anything at all to do with the organization in 13 yrs. and from the times I've seen him, takes any opportunity he gets to take a shot at the Colts.

How does Faulk know a lot about the team and the situation, at least anymore than any other NFL analysts? Faulk hasn't had anything at all to do with the organization in 13 yrs. and from the times I've seen him, takes any opportunity he gets to take a shot at the Colts.

"The Colts are a soft team, they get run on and punched in the mouth. I predict they go 10-6"...a few months later, the Colts are the league's best team at 14-2

I don't always agree with what he has to say, but he always shows a significant amount of respect and affection for Peyton. I have no idea why anyone would think that he seeks to go out of his way to take "shots" at the Colts, as if he has a secret agenda to damage the team. He's just another talking head. Sometimes hes right, more often he's not.

Not to mention he left on such bad terms here that he has been elected to the pro-football Hall of Fame but the Colts wont bring him back to put him in the Ring of Honor.

"The Colts are a soft team, they get run on and punched in the mouth. I predict they go 10-6"...a few months later, the Colts are the league's best team at 14-2

Both statements were true. The Colts were and still are a soft team. We did go 14-2 in 2009 during the regular season and gave up a chance to have a perfect regular season. We lost the SB tat year.

Both statements were true. The Colts were and still are a soft team. We did go 14-2 in 2009 during the regular season and gave up a chance to have a perfect regular season. We lost the SB tat year.

Hate to say it, but I agree. Despite the colts great success, they have always had a soft underbelly that gets exposed all too easy. The playcalling, the schemes and the size of the players.....very soft stuff. Frankly, I've found their flavor of vanilla quite embarrassing during certain moments in the past.

He has a close association with Peyton. I forget how he said it, but basically, he said that Peyton will be a Colt next season. I just thought it was a refreshing idea amidst the gloom and doom we have been hearing since last August

be ready for disappointment.

He has a close association with Peyton. I forget how he said it, but basically, he said that Peyton will be a Colt next season. I just thought it was a refreshing idea amidst the gloom and doom we have been hearing since last August

That's fair. I'd just say a close association with Peyton isn't the same as a close association to the Colts and I think that is more of what people took issue with because Faulk has pretty much made it known he would be just as happy if people forgot he was a Colt.

be ready for disappointment.

Why would I be ready for disappointment? The Colts have to do what is best for them. The Colts have not come out and said Peyton is gone. Likely? Yea, I'd say so. Definite? Not until Peyton Manning is no longer listed on the Colts roster. This topic was intended to spread a little hope. I think when a team is facing an enormous turnover like we have begun, hope for fans is necessary. I find it discouraging that so many fans want to throw Peyton Manning away and forget what he has meant to this team.

I find it discouraging that so many fans want to throw Peyton Manning away and forget what he has meant to this team.

not forgetting at all. I clutched my 18 jersey and cried my eyes out before falling asleep. its over, and I am past the denial stage. Not saying you are in denial at all, but there are many people here who are. They haven't accepted the inevitable yet.

Gonna be EXTREMELY difficult to keep him on the roster next year.