Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Building block or JAG

CR91

Mewhort's legit guys. I don't understand why some posters don't like him. He's a borderline top 10 guard. I'd say definitely top 15ish. We just need a Zach Martin, Gabe Jackson, Kelechi Osemele, Marshall Yanda, Kyle Long, Josh Sitton, etc type at RG and we'll be set. Haeg, Clark, or maybe even Good or a mid round rookie one should take over and hold down the RT spot. I think Haeg and Clark both have a lot of potential. But I also thought Haeg showed some promise at RG. Maybe he's our guy for the next 8 years or so. I don't know. I like him better at RG than RT but he is capable of playing both so I don't think it'd be a bad idea to sign TJ Lang or Ronald Leary this offseason. Either would bring leadership to our line, they both come from good offensive lines, and have experience in playoff runs. Plus they both are top tier guards. Leary was a beast this year and he's younger than you'd think. He's only like 27, but with that said I'd take Lang all day.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• As for other extension candidates, Wells mentions CB Darius Butler as a player that could be re-signed and asked to convert to the safety position.
  • According to Wells, the Colts’ staff are questioning whether second-round S T.J. Green is ready to be an every-down starter, making Butler an interesting candidate to be signed and switch positions to ease Greens’ workload.
  • http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-notes-chiefs-colts-jets-redskins/

Mewhort: BB

Moncrief: JAG he's inconsistent and barring a breakthrough season it's time to     move on. 

Dorsett: JAG fast guy with bad hands

Anderson: Undecided- not the same after the injury. Hopefully regains his rookie form this season. 

Geathers: JAG- injuries make it hard to count on Geathers. Also not very good in coverage. 

Parry: JAG- the epitome of JAG

Good: Undecided- has potential but is still very raw. 

The Colts seem to hold on to underperforming/injury prone players far too long. Hopefully Ballard is quicker to replace guys like this. 

Mewhort - BB

Moncrief - BB

Dorsett - incomplete

Anderson - JAG

Geathers - JAG

Parry - JAG

Good -JAG

I'm sorry, if you can't stay healthy in this sport you are a JAG.  Geathers and Anderson are damn good players but if we only have them for less than 50% of possible games they become JAGs.  If those same guys were getting suspended for half the games we'd want them gone.  Being hurt that much (even though it's part of the game) is not that different.