Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Green Bay (+ 4 1/2) at Dallas (1-15-17)

oldunclemark

4:40 EST......Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Erin Andrews and Chris Myers (about 2 too many) on FOX

over-under at 52.5  inside the AT & T stadium

Green Bay TV commercial king Aaron Rodgers (401 of 610, 4,428 yards, 40 TDs, 7 INTs)  has thrown fro 4 TDs in each of GB;s last 3 games and leads the NFL in TD passes.

But he wont have Pro Bowl WR Jordy Nelson (97 catches, 1,257 yards,) who caught 14 of those TDs (No.1 in the NFL)

GB's DeVonate Adams (73 catches, 997 yards) has caught 12 TDs but the key for the Dallas defense may be the where abouts of Ty Montgomery, who has run 77 times for 457 yards and caught 44 passes for 348 yards. Randall Cobb (66 catches, 610 yards) caught 3 TDs in the playoff opener against New York

Rookie WR Geromino Allen will try to replace Nelson but the Pack may got with two tight end on many plays 

Dallas rookie QB Dak Prescott (311 of 3459, 3,667 yards, 23 Tds completed 67% of his passes despite not having a 1,000-yard receiver.

Slot receiver Cole Beasley caught 75 passes for 833 yards..WR Dez Bryant caught just 50 for 796 yards

But the big gun for the 'Boys is rookie RB Zeke Elliott who led the NFL with 1,631 yards rushing and 15 TDs on 322 carries

Dallas rushes for 4.8 yards a carry and the Cowboy "d"  held the opposition under 20 points nine times but GB has scored 30 or more 6 weeks in a row.

with a week off, Dallas should be healthy but there is a question about LT Tyron Smith, who hurt his knee and back 2 weeks ago. he will start

GB grabbed 17 interceptions during the season but Dak Prescott threw just 4 in 16 games,. Packers have allowed 270 yards passing per game but they haven't lost a game since before Thanksgiving.

It all comes down to how you think Dallas rookie stars will play. I thin Elliott will play well. I don't think Dak Prescott will play well.

But, hey, I didn't think the San Diego Chargers would move to LA and play in a soccer stadium...so what do I know

I like Green Bay getting more than 3 points and I like the 'over'  even at 52.5

It isn't logical to think that these teams can stop each other indoors on afast track.

Than again, Denver was 9-7 and replaced 75% of their coaching staff....the Bears were 3-13 and kept everybody.

So much for logic

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

4.5 spread??????? ummmm its arron freakin rodgers. ill take that spread all day every day

That's what I'm thinking.

Even if Dallas wins,.,,they have to cover and Rodgers is going to be out there throwing until the last play

Unless he gets hurt......I sure do like GB getting 4 1/2

Aaron Rodgers is that good. This guy is amazing. He's just 4-5 in the playoffs since his SB championship in 10-11 though. He's got to prove it when the lights are shining bright. I want the Packers to win because I love me some Aaron Rodgers. I want them to win the SB as well. Unfortunately, I don't think that happens. Cowboys have been the best team in the NFC all year and I think they show tomorrow that it wasn't a fluke

It is odd how Aaron Rodgers is supposed to overcome all his team's flaws..

He rolls up big time numbers no matter what adversity befalls his team

They lose corner backs...Its okay, they have Aaron Rodgers

Top receiver knocked out...Its okay......Aaron could overcome it..

Aaron is the new Peyton Manning in that he isn't suspected of carrying his otherwise average (or slightly above average) team...

........he is expected to carry them

25 minutes ago, snkdy said:

I want GB to win. Watching them against ATL would be a fun NFCCG.

Nooooo. Lol. Too bad both GB and Dallas can't lose. I dislike both. 

Since there must be a winner, I am picking Dallas. For the first time ever, I am not rooting for Dallas to lose. 

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Nooooo. Lol. Too bad both GB and Dallas can't lose. I dislike both. 

Since there must be a winner, I am picking Dallas. For the first time ever, I am not rooting for Dallas to lose. 

haha I'm sorry. I just really dislike the Cowboys lol. Either way though, I'm rooting for ATL to come out of the NFC.

26 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

It would be and I think GB would win this time around. My biggest concern for the Packers is today. If they can get by Dallas, I think they represent the NFC

That regular season game between ATL and GB was really close, but I just think the Falcons are better right now.

1 minute ago, snkdy said:

That regular season game between ATL and GB was really close, but I just think the Falcons are better right now.

I will admit that I might have underestimated the Falcons. That was not the same Seattle team but was still a SB winning, battle tested team. That was impressive. It would be a great QB matchup