Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wildcard Playoffs: Oakland Raiders @ Houston Texans Gameday Thread!

MTC

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

We don't even officially know yet if Houston goes to NE next weekend until Steelers/Dolphins. If Miami pulls off the upset they automatically go to NE.

BTW congrats Q boy!!!! Good win for your guys.

The phins aren't going to beat the Steelers

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

We don't even officially know yet if Houston goes to NE next weekend until Steelers/Dolphins. If Miami pulls off the upset they automatically go to NE.

True but the Steelers will probably win. Nevertheless a Good win for Houston and Brock. It was really easily predictable because without Carr the Raiders are pretty Bad.

10 minutes ago, Jules said:

Congrats to you as well! Looks like you got your wish about Brock lol. 

Just now, IinD said:

I won't crap on Hou's parade. It's still a playoff win. Our fans would be ecstatic if we were in it and won.

Puts pressure on us to get better.

IMO, winning your division and at least 1 Playoff game is a Good season no matter how you get it done. Lets see if Houston can make that next step like we did in 2014 getting to the Title Game. The Divisional Round is when the big boys play, Final 8 time next week!

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

I won't crap on Hou's parade. It's still a playoff win. Our fans would be ecstatic if we were in it and won.

Puts pressure on us to get better.

This game put no pressure on us to get better.  

Not winning the division put pressure on us to get better

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nice win Q. If the Steelers win, how do you feel about going into dreaded Foxboro?

I don't think anyone except the Ravens is happy about going to Foxborough. But this is the NFL playoffs. Our offense will have to play better then they did today for us to have a chance. And our defense is superb but we all know Brady is lethal at home in the playoffs. Glad to still be in it. One game at a time. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO, winning your division and at least 1 Playoff game is a Good season no matter how you get it done. Lets see if Houston can make that next step like we did in 2014 getting to the Title Game. The Divisional Round is when the big boys play, Final 8 time next week!

Absolutely I agree. Was just kind of commenting on people discounting Hou. Hey, once in the dance you have a shot. I'd be happy even if we had beat a Carr-less Oak in this game.

3 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I don't think anyone except the Ravens is happy about going to Foxborough. But this is the NFL playoffs. Our offense will have to play better then they did today for us to have a chance. And our defense is superb but we all know Brady is lethal at home in the playoffs. Glad to still be in it. One game at a time. 

Yeah staying alive is always fun, I loved the 2014 run because we had so much success without Peyton and actually beat him in the 2014 Divisional Round. I kind of figured we would lose at Foxboro but it was a hell of a run while it lasted.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Brock didn't lose the game....defense did enough.

Can they win at NE.....

..let me get back to you on that one

I highly doubt they can win at NE. it wouldn't shock me if they beat the Texans something similar to the way they beat us in the Title Game a couple of years ago. Having said that, I am rooting for Houston if that matchup occurs. It would be arguably the biggest upset of all-time in a Divisional Round Game.

37 minutes ago, Jules said:

Relax Miami isn't beating the steelers with Matt Moore it just flat out isn't happening.

Anyone catch the comment the Raiders led the league in in catchable dropped passes his year with 31? They dropped a few today as well. Draft a QB and don't give him top notch receivers?! What's next in the NFL, draft a #1 QB  and not give him an OL for protection?

4 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Anyone catch the comment the Raiders led the league in in catchable dropped passes his year with 31? They dropped a few today as well. Draft a QB and don't give him top notch receivers?! What's next in the NFL, draft a #1 QB  and not give him an OL for protection?

Did you see their terrible o line today?  

13 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The Raider recievers couldn't catch a cold today and multiple bad calls on both sides in this game too.

11 hours ago, King Colt said:

Drafting that franchise QB when you don't have an Oline, a running game, good receivers and a top notch defense is just silly. It just doesn't work anymore. Look at last years top 2 QBs taken. Teams that are ready should certainly land a franchise QB. Andrew Luck's career has gone the way of David Carr and management is responsible.

6 hours ago, Bigbadbill said:

Drafting that franchise QB when you don't have an Oline, a running game, good receivers and a top notch defense is just silly. It just doesn't work anymore. Look at last years top 2 QBs taken. Teams that are ready should certainly land a franchise QB. Andrew Luck's career has gone the way of David Carr and management is responsible.

Nothing like the Texans with David Carr