Cap is 74m

Resign

Walden 3 year 17m 7g

Turbin 2 year 3m 1g

Doyle 3 year 9m 3g

Thornton 1 year 1.5m

Butler 2 year 8mil 5g

Cap is 58m

The bulter resign is more for him to play safety if geathers or green are hurt or if we wanna play certain coverages with geathers playing LBer and backup CB with all the injuries we get at that position

Free Agents

Zach Brown ILB 3 year 15m 5g

Morris Claiborne CB 4 year 40m 15g

Donta Hightower ILB 5 year 70m 35g

Larry Warford G 5 year 60m 35g

Misc/backup players 10m

Claiborne allows us to move robinson inside and use butler more as a safety. Hightower I think is possible giving the pats history of not giving big money contracts to their free agents and warford allows us to have haeg as more of the joe reitz role where if someone gets hurt, you can plug him in anywhere along with giving us a really good interior line with mewhort kelly and warford.

Cap is 7M

Draft

Extra 4th round pick is projected as a comp pick for fleener

7th round pick went to the browns for billy winn trade

1st-Davlin Cook RB-Gore was productive, but we need a game changer to get pressure off of luck. Cook has balance, vision, and break away speed along with being a good pass catcher. He is alittle undersize and somewhat of a fumble issue, but that can be fixed

2nd-T.J Watt OLB-Most likely won't be there in the second round, but what a steal that would be. Id be fine with harold landry too. 

3rd-Jarron Jones NT-Im a fan of Parry, but jones would be a perfect fit along with ridgeway and anderson. Jones can push the pocket and stout in the run game

4th-Jalen Reeves-Maybin ILB/OLB-Would be drafted higher if he didnt get hurt. Kind of a tweener, but racks up the tackles and has pass rush ability.

4th-Hunter Dimick OLB-Not the fastest pass rusher, but disruptive pass rusher with 14.5 sacks and and 20 tackles for losses

5th-Demetrious Cox S- pass coverage is lacking, but very good at run support

6th-Darius English OLB-underrated prospect that will probably rise on the boards. 6-6, but only weights 240 pounds so alittle undersized, but fast and strong at the point of attack.

I went pass rush happy because I think guys like ingram jones and collins will be franchised tagged.

31 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Estimated cap is 60m

Release 

Gore saves 3.5m

Jackson saves 5.5m

Jones saves 5.2m

Cap is 74m

Resign

Walden 3 year 17m 7g

Turbin 2 year 3m 1g

Doyle 3 year 9m 3g

Thornton 1 year 1.5m

Butler 2 year 8mil 5g

Cap is 58m

The bulter resign is more for him to play safety if geathers or green are hurt or if we wanna play certain coverages with geathers playing LBer and backup CB with all the injuries we get at that position

Free Agents

Misc/backup players 10m

Claiborne allows us to move robinson inside and use butler more as a safety. Hightower I think is possible giving the pats history of not giving big money contracts to their free agents and warford allows us to have haeg as more of the joe reitz role where if someone gets hurt, you can plug him in anywhere along with giving us a really good interior line with mewhort kelly and warford.

Cap is 7M

Draft

1st-Davlin Cook RB-Gore was productive, but we need a game changer to get pressure off of luck. Cook has balance, vision, and break away speed along with being a good pass catcher. He is alittle undersize and somewhat of a fumble issue, but that can be fixed

2nd-T.J Watt OLB-Most likely won't be there in the second round, but what a steal that would be. Id be fine with harold landry too. 

3rd-Jarron Jones NT-Im a fan of Parry, but jones would be a perfect fit along with ridgeway and anderson. Jones can push the pocket and stout in the run game

4th-Jalen Reeves-Maybin ILB/OLB-Would be drafted higher if he didnt get hurt. Kind of a tweener, but racks up the tackles and has pass rush ability.

4th-Hunter Dimick OLB-Not the fastest pass rusher, but disruptive pass rusher with 14.5 sacks and and 20 tackles for losses

6th-Darius English OLB-underrated prospect that will probably rise on the boards. 6-6, but only weights 240 pounds so alittle undersized, but fast and strong at the point of attack.

I went pass rush happy because I think guys like ingram jones and collins will be franchised tagged.

I like it, maybe switch Cox for another cb but I would be beyond happy with it

I think cutting Gore is a huge mistake especially if you're spending a high pick on a RB. His knowledge and experience would be invaluable to a young RB who is expected to be a cornerstone of your franchise. $3.5 million isn't much. 

2 hours ago, SP_21 said:

I think cutting Gore is a huge mistake especially if you're spending a high pick on a RB. His knowledge and experience would be invaluable to a young RB who is expected to be a cornerstone of your franchise. $3.5 million isn't much. 

Yeah and if you're cutting Gore, you're essentially banking on taking Cook (or some other running back) really high in the draft, and if he's gone, you'll have to risk taking a RB somewhat off the board or going into the season with a mid/late round rookie and Turbin as your RB duo.

I like this off season, though I'm not sure if how plausible it is, especially in FA. I see the Colts grabbing maybe 1 or 2 guys as a scheme fit. Not sure if they'll be ready to reach for the wallet to get a top tier player. But I do like the Zach Brown signing and the TJ Watt, and Jarron Jones picks. Those are guys who I think can thrive in Indy.

On 1/6/2017 at 8:55 PM, SP_21 said:

On 1/6/2017 at 11:42 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Yeah and if you're cutting Gore, you're essentially banking on taking Cook (or some other running back) really high in the draft, and if he's gone, you'll have to risk taking a RB somewhat off the board or going into the season with a mid/late round rookie and Turbin as your RB duo.

If gore is that much of a problem then fine keep him. Change the backup players amount to 6.5m

If this is how the offseason turns out, I'd be more than excited. We solve our offensive problem spots (HB, G) with Cook and Warford, while completely retooling the defense. But some of my thoughts...If we sign Warford, I don't see a future on this team for Hugh Thorton. Even on a one year deal, I don't think we need him.

I think Doyle is going to get a sizable pay-day. I've seen reports suggesting he will get a deal in line with the deals Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen got last offseason. He ranked very well in the advanced metrics that teams look for. I also think a team out there may over pay for Walden, a team like SF or the Browns with a treasure trove of cap space pay give him $8-$10 a year on a short term deal. I love the FA adds, but $12m a year for Hightower seems a little high. I may be wrong on that one, though, and I'd rather the front office shoot for real difference makers then raid the market for bargain basement deals.

if we leave the draft with Cook and Watt, we win. I don't know how likely that is. Right now, before the combine, any draft projections are a crap shoot. Too many things will change between now and draft day, but I'd be running around the house like a giddy fanboy if these were the players we ended up with. Only thing is that I feel like a RB in the middle-late rounds would be a good idea, even with Cook in the first. If we cut Gore, then we have Turbin, Todman and Ferguson. I don't think either Todman or Ferguson showed enough to warrant a roster spot for next year. With the depth at RB in this year's draft, if we could land two explosive backs and pair them up with a veteran leader in Gore and/or Turbin...it could completely transform our offense. The pair of Freeman and Coleman completely transformed the offense in ATL, and I feel like this draft could be a great opportunity for Indy to do something similar.

On 1/7/2017 at 9:22 AM, Defjamz26 said:

Haven't watched Watt yet but I feel like you could get a better edge rusher there. Walker from FSU or Lawson from Auburn. Is Watt really good?

10.5 sacks and 14 tackles for losses and he just moved to defense I believe

On 1/7/2017 at 10:03 AM, horseshoeblue22 said:

If this is how the offseason turns out, I'd be more than excited. We solve our offensive problem spots (HB, G) with Cook and Warford, while completely retooling the defense. But some of my thoughts...If we sign Warford, I don't see a future on this team for Hugh Thorton. Even on a one year deal, I don't think we need him.

I think Doyle is going to get a sizable pay-day. I've seen reports suggesting he will get a deal in line with the deals Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen got last offseason. He ranked very well in the advanced metrics that teams look for. I also think a team out there may over pay for Walden, a team like SF or the Browns with a treasure trove of cap space pay give him $8-$10 a year on a short term deal. I love the FA adds, but $12m a year for Hightower seems a little high. I may be wrong on that one, though, and I'd rather the front office shoot for real difference makers then raid the market for bargain basement deals.

if we leave the draft with Cook and Watt, we win. I don't know how likely that is. Right now, before the combine, any draft projections are a crap shoot. Too many things will change between now and draft day, but I'd be running around the house like a giddy fanboy if these were the players we ended up with. Only thing is that I feel like a RB in the middle-late rounds would be a good idea, even with Cook in the first. If we cut Gore, then we have Turbin, Todman and Ferguson. I don't think either Todman or Ferguson showed enough to warrant a roster spot for next year. With the depth at RB in this year's draft, if we could land two explosive backs and pair them up with a veteran leader in Gore and/or Turbin...it could completely transform our offense. The pair of Freeman and Coleman completely transformed the offense in ATL, and I feel like this draft could be a great opportunity for Indy to do something similar.

I enjoyed your input. I few things to clear up. I cant really see doyle getting a contract like dwayne or coby and if thats the case then he can walk because thats not his value. hes not a TE1, but if he can get TE1 money then by all means. If we can get outbid for walden, i'd be fine with that as it allows the other OLBs I drafted to play early. If there was ever a draft to go early for RB, its this one. This is gonna be one of the best draft classes for RBs. joe mixon is an option too, but I dont know how well people here would welcome him after his altercation with a woman even though he was 18

19 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Care to explain why my draft is terrible

Terrible was probably too harsh of a word.

But my reasons: taking a rb in the 1st is bad, not a fan of TJ watt, we need an athletic ilb not another thumper, and we desperately need a corner(depends on FA, but there's quite a few good ones in the draft too)

8 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

Terrible was probably too harsh of a word.

But my reasons: taking a rb in the 1st is bad, not a fan of TJ watt, we need an athletic ilb not another thumper, and we desperately need a corner(depends on FA, but there's quite a few good ones in the draft too)

Well I think we need to do something to get pressure off of luck. Cook is dynamic and would be a playmaker day one. I suggested Harold Landry as well if you don't like watt. I have us signing Claiborne so we don't need to draft a CB. 

@CR91 have you watched TJ Watts teammate Vince Biegal? I was watching Watt in the game vs LSU and was impressed by the other OLB. Biegal doesn't have great stats over his career but he's fast, strong, and has good instincts. Curious what you think of him. 

3 hours ago, SP_21 said:

@CR91 have you watched TJ Watts teammate Vince Biegal? I was watching Watt in the game vs LSU and was impressed by the other OLB. Biegal doesn't have great stats over his career but he's fast, strong, and has good instincts. Curious what you think of him. 

Talented with good measurements, but not consistent. Might be a nice find later in the draft like the fifth round

Overall not bad. I'd keep Gore though. And I'd let Walden and Thornton walk. Walden is not a true pass rusher and has very misleading stats. He's a mediocre player on a terrible defense. Most likely I'd let Doyle walk too as I have a feeling his price tag is gonna be too steep. We're already paying enough as it is to Allen, and I think Swoope could be finally rounding into shape. 

I haven't looked to much into free agents thus far so I won't be too judgmental on that. Although NE getting rid of Jones and Collins leads me to believe they really want to keep Hightower. 

I'd be somewhat okay with the Cook pick in the first. He's an incredibly dynamic player, it all just depends on who else is there. If a stud edge rusher or linebacker is there (Foster, Barnett, Cunningham) then I really dislike the pick. 

They traded J. Collins and C. Jones to sing Hightower longterm, so i don't  see him moving from NE, Walden contract is pretty good, i would sing Thorton for vet min.

The releases seems fine , Gore release would be a tough call but i think if we got a stud RB in the draft we could afford it. 

I don't like the idea of paying big money to Warford , i would rather give extensions to Moncrief and Mewhort, we have leverage right now because both are coming off injuries.

17 minutes ago, Jact.stark said:

They traded J. Collins and C. Jones to sing Hightower longterm, so i don't  see him moving from NE, Walden contract is pretty good, i would sing Thorton for vet min.

The releases seems fine , Gore release would be a tough call but i think if we got a stud RB in the draft we could afford it. 

I don't like the idea of paying big money to Warford , i would rather give extensions to Moncrief and Mewhort, we have leverage right now because both are coming off injuries.

Pats trade their players all the time. It's not out of the norm. I don't think you can read too much into it. Besides I'd say Collins and Jones are better so why choice hightower over them? Also mewhort and moncrief won't be difficult to resign. We can afford it with the increasing cap and warford would complete our interior line while also giving us depth with haeg

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Pats trade their players all the time. It's not out of the norm. I don't think you can read too much into it. Besides I'd say Collins and Jones are better so why choice hightower over them? Also mewhort and moncrief won't be difficult to resign. We can afford it with the increasing cap and warford would complete our interior line while also giving us depth with haeg

I think is Hightowers' work ethic ,and he has BB trust, also NE is gonna have a lot of cap space next year, i don't like the idea of overpaying Hightower we could go for Melvin Ingram and move Gathers as ILB/SS and let Morrison as run stopper, we must go for Melvin Ingram he comes from an 3-4 scheme.

9 hours ago, Jact.stark said:

I think is Hightowers' work ethic ,and he has BB trust, also NE is gonna have a lot of cap space next year, i don't like the idea of overpaying Hightower we could go for Melvin Ingram and move Gathers as ILB/SS and let Morrison as run stopper, we must go for Melvin Ingram he comes from an 3-4 scheme.

Ingram will get franchised tagged

On 1/6/2017 at 11:44 PM, NorthernBlue said:

I like this off season, though I'm not sure if how plausible it is, especially in FA. I see the Colts grabbing maybe 1 or 2 guys as a scheme fit. Not sure if they'll be ready to reach for the wallet to get a top tier player. But I do like the Zach Brown signing and the TJ Watt, and Jarron Jones picks. Those are guys who I think can thrive in Indy.

You like Jones as NT?I see him as classic 5 tech.  And 2nd rd seems hi for Watt

1 hour ago, BigHen said:

You like Jones as NT?I see him as classic 5 tech.  And 2nd rd seems hi for Watt

His size and and skill set is perfect for a NT. Also watt will jump in the boards after the combine and workouts

Just now, CR91 said:

His size and and skill set is perfect for a NT. Also watt will jump in the boards after the combine and workouts

He is 6'5",  I see him more as a run stopping 5 tech.  You are right with Watt, he could skyrocket after the underwear olympics

On 1/8/2017 at 11:50 AM, BigHen said:

He is 6'5",  I see him more as a run stopping 5 tech.  You are right with Watt, he could skyrocket after the underwear olympics

6'5 330. hard to move, stout in the run game and can move the pocket. 

11 hours ago, CR91 said:

Jones had that synthetic weed thing before his trade and also the contract...Collins was doing his own thing on the field and also his contract..I think they'll keep Hightower 

We'd still need a true game changing EDGE rusher. Unless Watt came in day 1 and made a monster impact. I don't like the idea of going RB in the 1st at all. This is a loaded class for RB's. I'd steal Mixon in the 3rd or 4th along with another back to pair with him in that same range (3rd-4th).2 of the top 3 backs in the NFL were drafted in the 2nd and 3rd. Bell and Johnson. You can find good, feature backs in the 2nd-4th, and then if you know how to spot talent there's usually a guy like Jordan Howard or Jay Ajayi in the 5th, or a Thomas Rawls or CJ Anderson who goes undrafted. I love the idea of Hightower and Brown at ILB. Brown is criminally underrated. But add in Nick Perry or Melvin Ingram instead of Warford and that would be a win in FA.

39 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

We'd still need a true game changing EDGE rusher. Unless Watt came in day 1 and made a monster impact. I don't like the idea of going RB in the 1st at all. This is a loaded class for RB's. I'd steal Mixon in the 3rd or 4th along with another back to pair with him in that same range (3rd-4th).2 of the top 3 backs in the NFL were drafted in the 2nd and 3rd. Bell and Johnson. You can find good, feature backs in the 2nd-4th, and then if you know how to spot talent there's usually a guy like Jordan Howard or Jay Ajayi in the 5th, or a Thomas Rawls or CJ Anderson who goes undrafted. I love the idea of Hightower and Brown at ILB. Brown is criminally underrated. But add in Nick Perry or Melvin Ingram instead of Warford and that would be a win in FA.

Cook just has too much talent for me to pass up and I included a lot more pass rushers then just watt. I just don't see how guys like Ingram Jones and Collins don't get franchised tagged

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Cook just has too much talent for me to pass up and I included a lot more pass rushers then just watt. I just don't see how guys like Ingram Jones and Collins don't get franchised tagged

As for Cook or another RB in the 1st. We're not loaded from top to bottom. We don't have a top tier offensive line and a top tier defense full of young star caliber playmakers. So IMO we don't have the luxury of drafting a RB 1. If we were oozing with talent up and down the roster but lacked a star RB then yeah, but man we have to bring in some young playmakers on defense first and foremost.

Don't forget about Nick Perry. He has really started to put it all together these last 2 seasons. He will probably be available and might just be the best option for us. He's going to be a double digit sack EDGE rusher year after year. Again. He's put it all together and is an ascending player. Yeah Jones will get tagged or signed long term probably. I could see Ingram hitting the market though. Collins I love, but I like him as an ILB not an EDGE rusher. ILB is where he belongs. I want Walden re-signed, Nick Perry signed, Tim Williams in the 1st, then another EDGE rusher in the 2nd-4th range.

On 1/6/2017 at 4:02 PM, CR91 said:

Estimated cap is 60m

Release 

Gore saves 3.5m

Jackson saves 5.5m

Jones saves 5.2m

Cap is 74m

Resign

Walden 3 year 17m 7g

Turbin 2 year 3m 1g

Doyle 3 year 9m 3g

Thornton 1 year 1.5m

Butler 2 year 8mil 5g

Cap is 58m

Free Agents

Misc/backup players 10m

Cap is 7M

Draft

Teams don't spend down to zero.    Or even near to zero.    Most leave a cushion in case of injury, or trade.   An emergency fund.    At least,  that's now how most teams operate.

I think the chances of the Colts spending as you want them to in free agency are slim at best and likely less than that.

You've got over 40 million on a per year basis on FA's alone and more than 70 million guaranteed and Irsay would have to write several huge checks.      I don't see that happening.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Teams don't spend down to zero.    Or even near to zero.    Most leave a cushion in case of injury, or trade.   An emergency fund.    At least,  that's now how most teams operate.

I think the chances of the Colts spending as you want them to in free agency are slim at best and likely less than that.

You've got over 40 million on a per year basis on FA's alone and more than 70 million guaranteed and Irsay would have to write several huge checks.      I don't see that happening.

That is usually how much teams go into the draft with from what I've seen in the past. Yes the spending is much, but these are the weak points that need to be addressed. 

On 1/7/2017 at 5:22 AM, Defjamz26 said:

Haven't watched Watt yet but I feel like you could get a better edge rusher there. Walker from FSU or Lawson from Auburn. Is Watt really good?

I don't know who has him going in the top 50 besides this board. He missed significant time the 2014  season and most of 2015 due to injuries to both knees. This is his first full season at OLB. 

There will potentially be guys like Anderson Smoot Landry to name a few I'd take before TJ.

If Lawson is there that's a no brainer he might be the best pure pass rusher in the draft. People are delusional if they think Watt is testing better than Lawson. 

On 1/10/2017 at 7:02 AM, akcolt said:

I don't know who has him going in the top 50 besides this board. He missed significant time the 2014  season and most of 2015 due to injuries to both knees. This is his first full season at OLB. 

There will potentially be guys like Anderson Smoot Landry to name a few I'd take before TJ.

If Lawson is there that's a no brainer he might be the best pure pass rusher in the draft. People are delusional if they think Watt is testing better than Lawson. 

Landry is going back to school

I would let Jack Doyle walk in free agency. We should get a compensatory pick in return. We cannot afford to spend a sizable portion of our cap on two tight ends. Doyle will likely command a Fleener caliber contract in free agency. 

I would also let Walden walk. He is NOT a guy who provides consistent pressure on the quarterback. He is also NOT a double digit sack guy. This year was an aberration. Let another team pay him big money and we can collect a comp pick. 

I would re-sign Zack Kerr. I think he is underutilized and still offers a great deal of promise. 

As far as free agency, my understanding of our blocking scheme is such that we are looking for more athletic linemen which does not include Larry Warford. I would take a look at Kevin Zeitler from Cincy and Riley Reiff from Detroit, but I would not overspend.