Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Candidates For Dc

BProland85

I like the colts in a 4-3 and 3-4. Draft Thompson to be the dt in the 3-4 and the nt in the 4-3, get Kendal Reyes to be 3-4 de and free agent nt like Franklin. Mathis can play slb and freeney can be the pass rushing wlb or rush lb. then in the 4-3 go freeney, Nevis, Thompson, Mathis.. That's sick.

The only way I want us to use a 3-4 would in a pass rushing situation. We could also use a 3-man line with Dwight Freeney, Drake Nevis, and Robert Mathis with designed CB and LB blitzes. We need to get creative with the defense.

that's harvey keitel "the wolf" from pulp fiction. i was noticing a lot of other pulp fiction avatars & usernames so i figured i'd join in. referencing pulp fiction is NEVER not funny

That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.

that's harvey keitel "the wolf" from pulp fiction. i was noticing a lot of other pulp fiction avatars & usernames so i figured i'd join in. referencing pulp fiction is NEVER not funny

Ok tks. Your reply gave me a chuckle. :haha:

Don't know who he is but thanks for the laughter. :)

Hmmmm...I think I just chizzed myself ;)

I say that Peyton has historically struggled and had a hard time against the 3-4 so having pagano should improve even manning correct...???

I would believe so since he was part of the planning against peyton. On a side note I believe as long as we draft a run stopping DT and another safety the defense can just play to their personnel. I always wondered why teams try to play a system that they dont have to right people for.

I agree, the Colts need to add a NT or two. But a lot of the personnel is not small and can be worked into a 3-4.

For example both Moala and Nevis would make excellent DE in a 3/4 type, Nevis could play the role that Ngata did this year. Angerer and Conner (only because he really seemed to improve his coverage as the year went on) could make the transition to ILB in a 3-4. Wheeler/Mathis and Freeney would be good OLB. Both Rucker and KT have a similar skill set to the Ravens Webb, who really flourished under Pagano's system. And Bethea is a safety in any defense.

So a NT (a lot of people want Poe but I like Alameda Ta'amu out of Washington better, mostly because I have seen Ala play, I have never seen Poe) and a safety opposite Bethea would be the immediate needs on D, IMO.

Moala is a terrible DT and would be horrible as a DE in a 3-4 defense. He cannot get off blocks, can be easily blocked by a single lineman, and is equally bad against the run and pass. Nevis could play but I don't know how effective he would be as a DE. One of our most glaring weakness is the current DL. It must be upgraded with better talent whether we move to a 3-4, stay a 4-3 or go to some hybrid defense.

Moala is a terrible DT and would be horrible as a DE in a 3-4 defense. He cannot get off blocks, can be easily blocked by a single lineman, and is equally bad against the run and pass. Nevis could play but I don't know how effective he would be as a DE. One of our most glaring weakness is the current DL. It must be upgraded with better talent whether we move to a 3-4, stay a 4-3 or go to some hybrid defense.

Exactly, I have been saying 3-4 or 4-3 a

Nt is needed, but in the 3-4 they need a de and dt, nobody on the colts fits that. But a guy like Reyes taken later 5th round could be a 3-4 de and Thompson in the 2nd round could be a dt like nagta plays. Then Mathis and freeney as olb but freeney has to be a rush only lb. but the 3-4 requires two drafted dt's essentially with more versatility. Then in the 4-3 you have freeney, Nevis, Thompson, Mathis.

Moala is a terrible DT

No he's not
and would be horrible as a DE in a 3-4 defense.
It's what he played in college.
e cannot get off blocks,
Yes he can
can be easily blocked by a single lineman,
At times and at times he beats the one on one blocking
and is equally bad against the run and pass.
Not true.

No he's not It's what he played in college. Yes he can At times and at times he beats the one on one blocking Not true.

Moala is simply a bust no matter how you try to define his roles and accomplishments. He had less than 10 sacks total during his entire career at USC, even as a sometimes DE. He was easily outplayed on his own team by Sedrick Ellis another underachieving Trojan D lineman. He has two, count 'em two sacks in his NFL career and only a few more total tackles. He is a bust for a second round pick. Look at the film, he is easily blocked on run or pass downs. He was taken out on many obvious pass plays because he got no push and his ineffectiveness allowed Freeney and Mathis to be double teamed while he was single blocked all the time.

I know some have a hard time believing that a Polian pick (Chris or Bill) was a bad pick but Moala was. No amount of coaching or defensive schemes will make up for him being untalented enough to competently play the position.

Moala is simply a bust no matter how you try to define his roles and accomplishments. He had less than 10 sacks total during his entire career at USC, even as a sometimes DE. He was easily outplayed on his own team by Sedrick Ellis another underachieving Trojan D lineman. He has two, count 'em two sacks in his NFL career and only a few more total tackles. He is a bust for a second round pick. Look at the film, he is easily blocked on run or pass downs. He was taken out on many obvious pass plays because he got no push and his ineffectiveness allowed Freeney and Mathis to be double teamed while he was single blocked all the time.

I know some have a hard time believing that a Polian pick (Chris or Bill) was a bad pick but Moala was. No amount of coaching or defensive schemes will make up for him being untalented enough to competently play the position.

He is downright terrible. Look at Cullen Jenkins a 3-4 de playing 4-3 ut like moala, moala sucks, he can't do anything. I would much rather have someone else as a 4-3 dt or 3-4 de. He can't do anything well. And why should the colts settle for average or less than anymore?

He is downright terrible. Look at Cullen Jenkins a 3-4 de playing 4-3 ut like moala, moala sucks, he can't do anything. I would much rather have someone else as a 4-3 dt or 3-4 de. He can't do anything well. And why should the colts settle for average or less than anymore?

B'moreColt - You sugarcoat your opinions too much. :coltslogo:

B'moreColt - You sugarcoat your opinions too much. :coltslogo:

lmao

He sucks, just saying.. He is the weak link on the d line. He needs to go, could pay so many other ppl his money to play 3-4 decor 4-3 ut. No more paying our own who suck. Example Melvin bullitt, this summer I was asking for a fa safety I wanted pollard or mikel, pillars signed a two year 3 million dollar deal with the ravens, and he is soo much better than bullitt who mad 3 million a year?. My point, there is affordable real talent on other teams.

He was a 3-4 end in college and was very good at the position.

Nevis is actually (as it stands now) a worse fit for a 3-4 end because he is more of a gap penetrator.

3-4 ends (unless your in Wade Phillips scheme) control 2 gaps.