Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my ideal lineup when MVP returns,

1B - Rizzo

2B - Murphy

3B - MVP

SS - Baez

C - Contreras

RF - Zobrist

CF - Heyward because he has the best Defense on the team

LF - Schwarber/Bote - whoever Maddon feels like is playing better.

Not sure what my batting order would be regarding those guys? But that is the 8 I would play with Schwarber/Bote duking it out for LF.

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I will take this one and by the way they put him on DL for shoulder he injured last year. https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/video/statcast-ozunas-479-ft-homer/c-1905415783?tid=240568594 

Cards have a tough and a huge 3 game series coming up with the Rockies. Rockies are on fire lately like the Cards have been. Rockies are battling to win their Division or a Wildcard spot at worse. Getting ready to hit the bed, work comes early in the morning/working days tomorrow, take it easy.

-I am just glad the Cubs are winning again (3 in a row now) because the Division is tight. Cards are now 3.5 back and Brewers 4 back before each play tonight. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards have a tough and a huge 3 game series coming up with the Rockies. Rockies are on fire lately like the Cards have been. Rockies are battling to win their Division or a Wildcard spot at worse. Getting ready to hit the bed, work comes early in the morning/working days tomorrow, take it easy.

-I am just glad the Cubs are winning again (3 in a row now) because the Division is tight. Cards are now 3.5 back and Brewers 4 back before each play tonight. 

Later Brother have a great day tomorrow

On 8/23/2018 at 2:44 PM, NFLfan said:

I should not have singled you out. I apologize. We all joke with each other on this thread and we all get along.

You wrote that you were surprised. Are you referring to the double play or the trade?

A large gathering of Mets fans just got on the subway, trying to beat the crowd. The Mets are losing 3-1 in the bottom of the ninth. 

The double play. I know he is a good fit and a legit bat. I just really value defense especially backing up our fragile mental pitching staff. I’ve seen this team get a huge lift from defensive gems that sparked the bats. At this point though we will take whatever to get this team rolling. 

I feel for you...Degrom got robbed again the other night.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards take game one 7-5 in playoff atmosphere . They are a MLB leading 18-4 in August . Its been fun to watch mostly done through the youth movement . I had told folks all year the Cards Farm system was loaded with talent. Yes they are young and could fail down the stretch . Many people have tried telling me their organization was ranked way down or middle of the pack . I told them that's what you get for listening to sports writers who are geographically bias instead of researching on your own. Regardless of how this season ends I am really encouraged for the future of this organization . I am fine if they leave the manager and staff the same. Shildt is a players manager , and it has shown since Matheny's departure.

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cards take game one 7-5 in playoff atmosphere . They are a MLB leading 18-4 in August . Its been fun to watch mostly done through the youth movement . I had told folks all year the Cards Farm system was loaded with talent. Yes they are young and could fail down the stretch . Many people have tried telling me their organization was ranked way down or middle of the pack . I told them that's what you get for listening to sports writers who are geographically bias instead of researching on your own. Regardless of how this season ends I am really encouraged for the future of this organization . I am fine if they leave the manager and staff the same. Shildt is a players manager , and it has shown since Matheny's departure.

The Rockies are pretty good, playing in Colorado isn't easy. Cards keep rolling - that was a big win. Brewers got lucky again last night. I seen the highlights when I woke up. They were down 6-4 in the 15th and a strike away from losing and they ended up winning 7-6 on another walkoff. Brewers aren't losing much either.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards and Brewers both won last night, so the Cubs lead in the NL Central remains 3 over the Cards and 3.5 over the Brewers.

Yes Brother this division is very good from top to bottom , just about what we expected.

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Cubs will play a large part in the Brewers demise I hope :spit: they have 6 head to heads early in Sept , still shaping as very important games . Cards only have 3 with each , good luck to my friends from the Windy City .

So far we have faired well vs the Brewers going 9-4. If we can go 4-2 against them I will take it. 3-3 wouldn't even be the end of the world, they wouldn't gain any ground.

18 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

This run by the Cards has been impressive , but what really stands out the bulk of its been on the road.

I like that you are doing it with some young players that will be with the team many years. It is always more fun for me to see the young players. Both the Cubs and the Cards have young teams. It is exciting. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I like that you are doing it with some young players that will be with the team many years. It is always more fun for me to see the young players. Both the Cubs and the Cards have young teams. It is exciting. 

That Pitcher we had Pitching yesterday (Mills) had just come up from the Minor League and he only gave up 1 Run and struck out 8. I think the Chatwood days are becoming history. 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I figured they would start playing better but I didn't see this type of run coming. 18-4 is real impressive over the last 22. They scare me much more than the Brewers do. 

Lol they scare me too , for different reasons . After 5 years or so of Matheny , I catch myself waiting for the bottom to fall out.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That Pitcher we had Pitching yesterday (Mills) had just come up from the Minor League and he only gave up 1 Run and struck out 8. I think the Chatwood days are becoming history. 

I was wondering why they hadn't brought someone up. May be the boost they need.People tend to overlook how much good catchers and good D can do for young pitchers.

Archived