Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Elite Free Agency Wish List

I think we have around 42 million in cap space heading into 2017.

I would love to get just 3 to 5 of these UFA players in FA and fill the holes in the draft.

Season to Date PFF Score

Guards - Kevin Zeitler                  86.3

TJ Lang                         85.6

Ronald Leary                81.9

Would only want a guard if we couldn't get enough players and to give us another year

to evaluate Haeg and Clark at RT.

Edge       Melvin Ingram               87.7

Chandler Jones            86.5

Jamie Collins                79.7

3-4 DE     Calais Campbell          90.2

ILB           Zach Brown                 83.3

CB           AJ Bouye                     89.6

Morris Claiborne          84.9

Trumaine Johnson      80.0

DT           Kawann Short              87.5

Nick Fairley                 78.1

Brandon Williams         75.8

Dontari Poe                 73

Through the draft and free agency we need to find 4 players to upgrade our woefully deficient DL.  I'm talking about Jones, Langford, Kerr, and Parry.

3 edge defenders to give us a good rotation.  Mathis, Cole, Walden - Gone.

1 CB to hopefully give us someone to pair with Davis

2 ILB's to give us a good rotation with Morrison and Jackson.  We need better coverage guys for passing downs.  I'm ok with Morrison and Jackson on running plays.

That's 10 players.  Hopefully we can get 3 quality starters in FA and realistically another 3 to 4 in the draft.  Leaving us just 3 to 4 players short of having both quality and a little depth.

Cap space before any of our own extensions, Montcrief and Mewhort will be 55M to 60M depending on if you go to Sportrac or OTC. Those numbers take into account DQ and Art Jones being cut for 10M in additional space which I would think is a no brainer. Art may come back but at a reduced price. Other cuts may happen, who knows, but with Montcrief and Mewhart I would think the both of them together will garner in the 13M/ range per year, Mewhort 7M and Montcrief 6M, so depending on how it is structured, we will still have around 45M in cap space. Doyle will also probably be resigned, but not significant money. Big picture, we have plenty of cap space, and it should be spent on quality, not quantity.

I don't want Collins. NE shipped him off because he was not following gameplan and getting burned for it. Johnson and Zeitler are the two I would like to sign, and then the whole draft defensive except for a RB. I think we will have a shot at Cook, but I don't know if we can pass up Cunningham or Foster for a RB in the 1st?

10 hours ago, bigt said:

I think we have around 42 million in cap space heading into 2017.

I would love to get just 3 to 5 of these UFA players in FA and fill the holes in the draft.

Season to Date PFF Score

Guards - Kevin Zeitler                  86.3

TJ Lang                         85.6

Ronald Leary                81.9

Would only want a guard if we couldn't get enough players and to give us another year

to evaluate Haeg and Clark at RT.

Edge       Melvin Ingram               87.7

Chandler Jones            86.5

Jamie Collins                79.7

3-4 DE     Calais Campbell          90.2

ILB           Zach Brown                 83.3

CB           AJ Bouye                     89.6

Morris Claiborne          84.9

Trumaine Johnson      80.0

DT           Kawann Short              87.5

Nick Fairley                 78.1

Brandon Williams         75.8

Dontari Poe                 73

Campbell, Collins , and Bouye would make us a top 10 defense..That would be a dream offseason..

Yeah, I wouldn't take a RB in the 1st.  Our current RB's are doing ok and they were all throwaways from other teams.  I see quite a few good running backs that can be had in rounds 5 and lower if we decide to draft a RB.  We should probably spend our 1st 5 picks to fill holes Grigs will be unable to address in free agency on defense.  We definitely need at least 2 edge rushers, 1 good 4 down ILB, another shutdown corner, 1 3-4 DE to pair with Anderson, and 1 nose to rotate in and out with Parry.

Give me two of these guys. One being Jones and either Chandler or Ingram or Poe. I don't see signing a guard the last two weeks though line has gotten immensely better with the right side starting three rookies. Re-sign Harrison, Doyle, Kerr, Butler. Then draft a defensive heavy draft with best player available as a secondary tiebreaker.
I'd be fine with taking a corner in the first round and in the second round taking a running back/edge rusher

We need an upgrade from Parry and we need an upgrade at CB. We need an edge rusher and a coverage LB'er. 

Poe would be a guy I'd overpay for as I believe his system is very similar to ours and he is a difference maker, has no troubled past i can recall of. 

Claiborne at CB is the most intriguing guy to me. He was an average guy until his contract year, I wouldn't overpay for that but you have to evaluate was he just coming into his own late? Was he a product of a Dallas defense with talent? Is is 100% a fit of our scheme? I don't really know Bouyne so I can't comment on him. 

As for Campbell, is he honestly worth paying large sums of money too with Anderson and Rideway on the team? I haven't watched much FB this year outside of the Colts since they have almost ruined my enjoyment of the game under Pagano. 

No way we spend big on a guard, maybe a RT player if avail but not guard, we have that guy now on the team. Question is do we have the RT in Clark??? 

As much as a reincarnation of Edge would be great, can this team afford to not solidify the defense in the draft? Our team makeup suggests not a chance. We have to come out of the draft with 2-3 top notch starters. Keep Gore and go RB 2018 draft but defense has to be 1000% priority this offseason in all aspects. Too FA pick up as well as top draft picks 1-3 IMHO.