Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis (+4) @ Minnesota (12-18-16)

oldunclemark

1 p.m. EST....Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon on CBS

over-under 45.5. (thankfully) inside US Bank Stadium in sub-zero Minnesota

QB Andrew Luck (282 of 448, 3,381 yards, 25 Tds, 10 INTs) will be able to play and he'll look for TY Hilton (78 catches, 1,203 yards among six Colt receivers with at least, scoring 30 or more in each game 25 catches.  Luck has been sacked a painful 37 times and he'll go without right guard Jack Mewhort and WR Donte Moncrief (28 catches, 277 yards)  but the Colts have won their last 3 road games scoring 30 or more in each game.

RB Frank Gore (208 carries, 790 yards) will face a Viking run defense that has allowed just 102 rush yards per game ..

The Colts defense has allowed 378 yards a game and they'll play without three starters including safety Clayton Geathers...That dog wont hunt.

Minnesota gets back iconic RB Adrian Peterson, who has been out 12 weeks with a knee injury...He cant help but help the NFL's worst rushing attack. The Vikings have just 954 yards rushing in 13 games.  But Minnesota has lost at least three offensive linemen so unless AP can block for himself, he's not going anywhere

But QB Sam Bradford (304 of 427, 2,954 yards, 14 Tds and 3 INTs) has done well throwing to WR Stefon Diggs ( 78 catches, 861 yards) , tight end Kyle Rudolph (58 catches, 573 yards, 6 TDs) and unknown Adam Thielen (56 catches, 758 yards)..

The Vikings' defense has 35 QB sacks and 12 pass interceptions..they have held nine teams to less than 20 points.

DE Dani Hunter has 10 1/2 sacks and DE Everson Griffin has eight.....so Andrew Luck better block for himself, too

I dont know if either QB is going to finish this game but this is desperation time for the Colts.

They must win or be eliminated if Houston wins...The Vikings  (7-6) and Green bay (7-6) trail Detroit (9-4) by three games but Detroit may lose ALL of their final 3 games..that race isn't over.

The Colts are in a bad spot here....they have to get to the lead early and I'd be surprised if they didn't come out throwing a lot early

.Bradford's completing over 70% of his passes....Colts need a miracle to give Luck enopgh time to win this one but this should be a high-scoring game....I'd take the over

13 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

RG Brandon Fusco out for Vikings...WR Donte Moncrief out - Colts

Fusco being out is not too big a deal. He has not been good this year. 

The big loss is safety Harrison Smith. He is out with an severe ankle injury. Trae Waynes is also out with a concussion.

AP said he is playing but he is not on the active roster yet. I believe the Vikes have to cut a player to add AP.

It is cold in NY but nothing like MN weather. Bundle up and enjoy the game. :)

85084f7a57ee7c1bd7aaddc3973f8375.jpg

(Good analogy to describe our O-Lines)

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

AP said he is playing but he is not on the active roster yet. I believe the Vikes have to cut a player to add AP.

As LOS wrote in another thread, the Vikings officially activated Peterson today. He will play some snaps but not many.