Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

13+ point swing?

Rally5

This game came down to three plays, as many NFL games do, and all three went against us this week.

1. Allen falls down for the pick. (-3)

2. Vinatieri missed 55 yrd kick turns into 3 for Houston (-6).

3. Allen trucked by Clowney for the sack fumble (-3/7).

I'm not sure I got all these right in terms of what Houston did with the turnover except the field goals but you get the point.

Those three plays essentially ended it, we swing those three plays we're in first place and blue skies.  This is how tight the NFL is nowadays, there's just not much margin for error for game changing plays.  Penalties played a role too, but it seems to me these three determined our fate.  I thought the game-planning was ok and despite giving up significant rushing yards the D got off the field and held Houston to field goals despite the turnovers.  No real final point here other than to say there's such a fine line between wins and losses.  As I watched the game I would say Indy was clearly a better team that just couldn't get it all together.  I guess I'll start researching draft picks, which is always a low mark for me.......This should have been an AFC South Champ season for us.

22 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

1. Allen falls down for the pick. (-3)

2. Vinatieri missed 55 yrd kick turns into 3 for Houston (-6).

3. Allen trucked by Clowney for the sack fumble (-3/7).

I'm not sure I got all these right in terms of what Houston did with the turnover except the field goals but you get the point.

Coaching can't fix the first one, but it could've prevented the 2nd and 3rd. 

They won't learn from their mistakes, but they'll certainly: 

Image result for chuck pagano meme